Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2016, 07:50   #2251
BHPian

Yes I had the same experience with Shell store at Sarjapur junction. They don't keep a different Card machine to separate such transactions. I will contest this with Citibank
Old 17th November 2016, 11:45   #2252
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

HDFC Bank seems to have downgraded their service levels significantly. Earlier if you called their hotline from your registered mobile, it connected to a human within 2-3 rings. Now it takes you to IVR and when you eventually get connected there is the verification rigamarole to go through.

I also lost about 20000 reward points in the transition from Superia to Regalia First that they claimed was an "upgrade". When I called to complain they laughed it off saying the effective value of my points remains the same but a cursory browse of their rewards catalogue tells me otherwise.

Am quite happy with their service in general but hate being taken for a ride. This is definitely a dampener.
Old 17th November 2016, 11:59   #2253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I also lost about 20000 reward points in the transition from Superia to Regalia First that they claimed was an "upgrade". When I called to complain they laughed it off saying the effective value of my points remains the same but a cursory browse of their rewards catalogue tells me otherwise.
They recently downgraded Regalia and hence you might have experienced "non-elite" customer service. Even the value of the points was downgraded.

At present, in terms of earning and spending of points, nothing beats their Diners offerings(Black or Premium), albeit one needs a back up VISA/Mastercard as there are still some places where diners is not yet accepted.
Old 17th November 2016, 12:16   #2254
BANNED

I will just bring our one simple fact. In the NCR Gurugram and Delhi are adjacent. In the former even a paanwala (almost) is quite happy to take Plastic, and in the latter the standard response is 'sir, cash de dijiye'. Why Gurugram is essentially an IT and professionals city, while Delhi is well Dilli! Now Delhi will have to learn.
Old 17th November 2016, 12:25   #2255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
They don't keep a different Card machine to separate such transactions.
I dont think bunks will have card readers from more than 3 banks. Even if they do, the attendants will be more keen to get the transaction done on the nearest reader.

For this reason, I prefer a card that does not limit the benefits to one specific bank / Fuel company.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:36   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any recommendations for a good cashback card? I used to have a HDFC one, which reduced the cashback drastically, so I did not renew it post expiry. Major uses for me are automated utility bill payments, fuel occasionally and some shopping once in a while.

PS: Closing the card was another experience in itself, the customer care is almost illiterate!! They don't understand a word of what is written in emails, and what the customer is requesting
The standard chartered titanium is the best value offering cashback card, IMO.
Old 17th November 2016, 14:27   #2257
BHPian

I posted from Andoid version but apparently it did not come through, so posting from desktop version.

When my old ICICI Bank Coral card expired in Sept this year ICICI issued me a new card bearing same 16 digit number as the old one. In Oct and Nov someone kept trying to transact Rs.1,400 on the old card. I got five messages on different days spread across these two months informing me that "...transaction has been declined due to incorrect CVV or expiry date... please try with correct details".

I lodged a complain and made a request to investigate. Though detail about any investigation is unknown, the card is now blocked with my consent.

On another topic, how is HDFC card reward points accumulated and redeemed? Can it be linked to Payback? I have their Allmiles VISA Signature.
Old 17th November 2016, 16:24   #2258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I lodged a complain and made a request to investigate. Though detail about any investigation is unknown, the card is now blocked with my consent.
Please cancel the card with immediate effect. Similar thing happened on my Axis Bank card. I wasn't using the card anyway so I had it cancelled (as opposed to just blocked). My things is better safe than sorry. Replace it with another card from the same or another bank.
Quote:
On another topic, how is HDFC card reward points accumulated and redeemed? Can it be linked to Payback? I have their Allmiles VISA Signature.
Online catalogue (search their website) is quite updated and accurate. Best way to redeem is call up customer care and tell them the code from the catalogue. You get decent products like Sennheiser headphones, a variety of mobile phones and a wide range of store vouchers which are good for gifting and the like.
Old 17th November 2016, 18:48   #2259
BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

I find this strange too as my 5 year old card expires this month and I have received a replacement with the same 16 digit number with a changed CVV. This is axis bank. Citibank I think used to send a regenerated number on renewal. I guess I will ask for a fresh card and have this one cancelled just for safety.
Old 17th November 2016, 18:56   #2260
Distinguished - BHPian

No, not strange ..
The details of the card are not to be shared. hence even if the number is same, the expiry date + CVV number are both different than before. Hence you do have security.

But yes, you can ask for a different card
Old 17th November 2016, 19:05   #2261
BHPian

Thing is I've used it, as many others, thousands of times on hundreds of sites and stores in India and abroad. It is safer to change I had imagined and expected a fresh number that I would have to memorize but was surprised to find the same one. I suppose I will have to request a new one and will have to pay for the swap!
Old 17th November 2016, 21:17   #2262
BHPian

Initially I was not concerned much because expiry date and CVV number are different. But it happened five times, so I sent a complaint. I thought they would investigate and put an end to it. I actually wanted to retain the number for various reasons. The bank suggested blocking the card and I gave my assent.
Old 17th November 2016, 22:20   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I find this strange too as my 5 year old card expires this month and I have received a replacement with the same 16 digit number with a changed CVV. This is axis bank. Citibank I think used to send a regenerated number on renewal. I guess I will ask for a fresh card and have this one cancelled just for safety.
Even Citibank sent me a replacement card with same 16 digit number with a changed CVV for the card expired in mid of 2016. Earlier, it was not so. Are they following some new norm?

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 17th November 2016 at 22:36.
Old 18th November 2016, 14:04   #2264
BHPian

HAs anybody used the Citibank IndianOil Credit card. does it really get the petrol benefits as claimed by the bank ?

On the redemption rules it says that the points ahve to be redeemed at Indianoil Pumps . But do the pump attendants know how to redeem points ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 18th November 2016, 14:25   #2265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
HAs anybody used the Citibank IndianOil Credit card. does it really get the petrol benefits as claimed by the bank ?

On the redemption rules it says that the points ahve to be redeemed at Indianoil Pumps . But do the pump attendants know how to redeem points ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Yes, I have that card with me for 10 years. Yes, I have the option to pay by card or reward points at the Indian Oil bunk.
Before going ahead, please download the list of bunks in your area who are tied up with citibank. Normally most of them are, but just for sake.

You have to mention to pump attendant that you want to pay by rewards point. So when they swipe your card through the citibank POS, they will select rewards option. You will get your charge slip for rewards and not for money.
Hope this help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks