Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 23:10   #3556
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Not Monthly statement period. That capping is based on Calender month.
Thanks very much. That ought to cover most of my purchases. For big ticket items I will use specific cards for the discount offers that keep on running.
Old 4th March 2020, 23:21   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

HDFC Regalia will give a reward rate of 13.33% till 20,850 Rs. After this, the reward rate starts diminishing. So for purchases till 25,000 Rs. or so are stll beneficial on HDFC Regalia. Anything above and if you have amazon prime, then ICICI Amazon card would be more beneficial
Could you please elaborate on this capping ? How did you arrive at 20850 ?
Old 4th March 2020, 23:43   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Could you please elaborate on this capping ? How did you arrive at 20850 ?
The bonus points capping is for 9X. 9X on Regalia is 36 Points. So for every 150 Rs. Regalia card holder will get 36 Points over and above the 4 regular points.

5000 Divide by 36 points = 139 Counts.

139 Counts x 150 Rs. = Rs. 20,850

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Tejas
Old 6th March 2020, 12:23   #3559
Senior - BHPian

There have been many recommendations for the HDFC Infinia card. Does anybody have this as a free card or what is the annual fee?
Old 6th March 2020, 12:34   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
There have been many recommendations for the HDFC Infinia card. Does anybody have this as a free card or what is the annual fee?
This is the only card that they don't provide as free. Second year onward you need to spend a minimum of 8lakh per annum to get 10k points, which basically offsets the 10k per annum fee.
Old 6th March 2020, 15:07   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
This is the only card that they don't provide as free. Second year onward you need to spend a minimum of 8lakh per annum to get 10k points, which basically offsets the 10k per annum fee.
That's Incorrect.

This card comes as First Year Free. From the next year onwards, if annual spends are less than 8 Lacs, Annual Fee of 10,000 Rs + Taxes is applicable. Against this, the cardholder receives 10,000 Reward Points which if used for Hotels & Flight Booking is equivalent to 10,000 Rs.

If the cardholder crosses 8 Lacs spends in the Credit Card year, the annual fee is waived off completely.

If you have an extremely good relationship with the bank, you can get this card as Lifetime free.

Last edited by tejas08 : 6th March 2020 at 15:08.
Old 6th March 2020, 15:20   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
That's Incorrect.

This card comes as First Year Free.
I did not say one has to pay anything for the first year.

Quote:
If the cardholder crosses 8 Lacs spends in the Credit Card year, the annual fee is waived off completely.
I had this discussion with my banking RM today. She told me that the way second year fees is waived off post 8lakh+ spends, is in lieu of points worth 10k. You pay 10k as fee but you get 10k points (additional) too so they basically cancel out.

Quote:
If you have an extremely good relationship with the bank, you can get this card as Lifetime free.
Yet to reach this stage :-|

Last edited by ValarMorghulis : 6th March 2020 at 15:21. Reason: added another comment
Old 6th March 2020, 15:26   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I had this discussion with my banking RM today. She told me that the way second year fees is waived off post 8lakh+ spends, is in lieu of points worth 10k. You pay 10k as fee but you get 10k points (additional) too so they basically cancel out.
No. That is not the way the annual fees are on Infinia.

Spend Less than 8 Lacs Annually - Pay Rs. 10,000 + Taxes (Rs. 11,800) & get Reward points worth Rs. 10,000. Effectively, the card costs you Rs. 1,800 annually.

Spend more than 8 Lacs Annually - No annual fee. No Points.

Here is HDFC Website link regarding the Fees & Charges on Infinia.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...es-and-charges
Old 8th March 2020, 11:43   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post
Hi all,
When Kotak guys sold me the card they promised a lifetime free credit card as I have a savings/salary account with Kotak. Now last month they have charged me AMC. When I contacted their customer service, they are least
In case they are not interested in having business with you, why don't you switch over to another one? It may be an inconvenience to you to switch; but it is best to have a relation with a bank that; firstly keeps your money safe and second, values you as a customer.

Several years ago I learnt the hard way of "Life time free"* offers from these companies. The company in question was Standard Charted, I was issued a card after being pestered to take a Life time free card. At the time of issue I was verbally told it is a free card. I was naive enough to trust that.

At the beginning of the next year, i was charged the annual fee, I disputed that and asked for cancellation. AFIK, they did not close the card immediately but after a couple of months of to and fro communication. In that duration I would probably have been listed as a card defaulter as well!

Now, I ask for a communication from the issuer end reconfirming that the card is indeed lifetime free, and if any conditions apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I have a so-called lifetime free card. The approval and t&cs are based the discretion of the RM. I assume would be based on the extent of business with the bank.
Till now I've not been levied additional charges although I doubt my annual expense on this card has exceeded 8L p.a.
Old 8th March 2020, 12:21   #3565

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
In case they are not interested in having business with you, why don't you switch over to another one? It may be an inconvenience to you to switch; but it is best to have a relation with a bank that; firstly keeps your money safe and second, values you as a customer.
Thank you so much. Planning on doing the same. Thanks again
Old 10th March 2020, 16:35   #3566
BHPian

I need a fuel card which will waive of the surcharge at any petrol pump(BP/HP/IOL/Shell/Reliance/..) irrespective of the amount. Rewards points and cashback is secondary.

* Citibank IOL card is restricted to IOL pumps
* Stanchart Super Value Titanium card has a cap of 2K

My monthly spend on fuel is around 9k.
Can anybody please recommend a suitable card?
Old 10th March 2020, 17:04   #3567
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit_dennis View Post
I need a fuel card which will waive of the surcharge at any petrol pump(BP/HP/IOL/Shell/Reliance/..) irrespective of the amount.

Can anybody please recommend a suitable card?
I think all HDFC and SBI cards give you a surcharge waiver on fuel purchases.
Old 10th March 2020, 17:29   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit_dennis View Post
I need a fuel card which will waive of the surcharge at any petrol pump(BP/HP/IOL/Shell/Reliance/..)
I use hdfc business moneyback for my monthly fuel spends of about 15k worth as well as other shopping. All the surcharge are waived off without any caps. Valid across all fuel bunks and varied swipe machines.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 16:23   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of Guys? I have a whole bunch of people on a whatsapp group going crazy with the points accumulation through the HDFC Smartbuy 10X offer. I myself have accumulated over 1.5 Lac points in 9 months.
Can you add me to this group if possible? Have 4x DCB, 2x Infinia in my family and must have earned and burned over 1m points. Always looking to learn more.
Old 16th March 2020, 18:19   #3570
BHPian

I don't own any credit cards. Till now I used to think of credit cards almost like loans i.e better to avoid. But there is a recent thread by tejas08 about experiencing luxury without paying through your nose which made me think for the first time that there might be another side to credit cards as well.

I am salaried and my spending will be mainly on fuel, movies, online shopping, restaurants etc. The only big ticket item that I can think of is paying annual investment premiums. Can someone please suggest a card which can be suitable for a newbie like me?

PS This is the first recommendation I'm seeking from this esteemed forum and it's not for cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks