Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 14:14   #4036
BANNED

Anybody care to share experiences setting up and using your card with SMsung Pay? I guess no other options are there for NFC based / contactless swiping now in india.

Basic idea is, avoid carrying the card.
Old 30th November 2020, 14:18   #4037
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I did another LIC premium payment of around 70k on 28th Nov and today I can see ~3500 points have been credited against that transaction on the ICICI iMobile app.
One question, where do you see this points being reflected in iMobile app? Because, i can only see these reward points after the statement is generated.
Old 30th November 2020, 16:12   #4038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Anybody care to share experiences setting up and using your card with SMsung Pay? I guess no other options are there for NFC based / contactless swiping now in india.

I have been using it for past one month.

Setting up pretty easy. Just follow on screen directions.

Using is much more easier considering it supports even older machines (i have an A71). Once the amount is punched into the machine, open samsung pay and bring your phone closer to the machine. It searches for it (has 30 seconds timer to search) and voila payment done. Apart from once never had any issue.

I have multiple cards and have set a default card which makes it much more faster.

Even adding money to paytm is quicker here than paytm app

Just that you have to tell the machine owner its wi-fi (not nfc)
Old 30th November 2020, 16:20   #4039
BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK, Google Pay allows this now.
Old 30th November 2020, 17:03   #4040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
AFAIK, Google Pay allows this now.
My understanding Gpay doesn't cover all types of machines. Only the new ones are covered.

The older machines (mct or mst?? Dont remember but something magnetic) this only gets done by Spay.

I am sure somepoint Gpay will have this functionality too
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 17:17   #4041
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
By the way Paytm has started charging 2% for credit card topup to the balance.
By chance I had an Uber payment outstanding and I like keeping money in Paytm wallet for this. Had forgotten about the 2% charge for adding money via CC and went ahead adding money to Paytm wallet via Uber app. Lo and behold, money added and no charge.

So you can try adding via Uber in case you need to add money to wallet.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 17:52   #4042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I had been regularly using it before i moved to One Plus 7T pro Mclaren edition last year. That is one single thing I miss the most, it was amazing and seamless. It actually used to wow people, specially on petrol pumps, and this was around 2 years back. Setup is very easy and i strongly advise you to use the feature, it is very well implemented.
Old 30th November 2020, 19:27   #4043
Senior - BHPian

Folks, any first hand pointers/information on the Emeralde credit card from ICICI Bank.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Old 30th November 2020, 22:26   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
One question, where do you see this points being reflected in iMobile app? Because, i can only see these reward points after the statement is generated.
Manage Card -> Recent Transactions -> Last 30 Days -> Click on any Transaction to see "Points Earned".
Funny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 08:35   #4045
Senior - BHPian

I have an Amex Platinum card, have been using it for more than 5-6 years now, and in the process accumulated more than a lakh points. I did not redeem the points against domestic travel vouchers for various reasons, so the points were just idle for a long time now. I came across a recent option where points can be converted to flipkart vouchers, almost at the same conversion rate as the flight ticket vouchers and so exchanged some 90k points for nearly 50k worth flipkart vouchers. I used them to buy some home appliances for my extended family. I thought it was a good deal overall, since I was very sure I wouldnt have used the points for domestic travel anytime in the next 1-2 years. This offer of flipkart vouchers is available till the end of December.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 19:04   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I have an Amex Platinum card, .....
Is it the Platinum Charge card or Platinum Travel?
I guess it is Plat Travel as you mentioned travel vouchers redemption option is widely used by Plat Travel users.
Plat Charge users on the hand will transfer points to Marriott, and maybe would've availed the 2X redemption rate for statement credit.
Old 1st December 2020, 20:01   #4047
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Wow, I am in the same boat with this Ace credit card. Went through a similar ordeal without any solution in sight. Nonetheless, please update if you make headway!
Just randomly tried to authenticate the card on the app today and it worked. Was able to enable online transactions on the app and set a limit for the same.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:26   #4048
BHPian

I have a Citi Rewards credit card (which is terrible on rewards rate) and I wanted to cancel the card given the annual fees etc. No avail with a month's effort calling the customer care as they give a dumb issue of system error . Is there a way to do this ourselves through the Citi app or website or through email? If anyone has any experiences, please share.

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:57   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Update on Amazon Pay CC:
It seems, they have changed the cashback from 5% to 1% for Insurance Premium payment.
In September month, I had got 5% cashback, but this month I got only 1% cashback. When I raised the query, they told me that it is 1% now.
Request others to confirm this.
The cash back is only for LIC policy when payment is done through Amazon app. For all other payments which not done on Amazon app it's 1% and has always been like that.
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:07   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
The cash back is only for LIC policy when payment is done through Amazon app. For all other payments which not done on Amazon app it's 1% and has always been like that.
Just to clarify, I did payment for my first ICICI policy in September and i got 5% cash back for that payment. I did one more payment for my second ICICI policy in October, for which i received only 1% cashback. Both the payments were done using the mobile app.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks