Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

A slightly off-topic answer.

More than 10 years back, I had engaged the car cleaners in my society. It was for outside wash daily, with one holiday per week. I do not remember the amount, it would have been Rs 250 or so per month.

Within the next few weeks, I found that on many days, they just lift the wipers and claim that they have washed the car without doing anything. Changed the vendor and observed for some more time. Same thing, but I got a new excuse: the car had bird poop on it some days (office parking was not covered) and the car washers would not wash whenever bird poop was there.

I stopped their services then, and have washed my car myself since then. It is much less hassle than having to constantly follow up with the cleaners and listen to lame excuses.
adisan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 16:54   #137

In our society in Pune they are asking Rs 1500 for big SUVs and Rs 1000 for sedans and Rs 500 for small cars. Do you think these are fair charges? What are charges at your place?
Old 11th January 2024, 20:04   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post
In our society in Pune they are asking Rs 1500 for big SUVs and Rs 1000 for sedans and Rs 500 for small cars. Do you think these are fair charges? What are charges at your place?
Is it for once every 2 days ?
Old 11th January 2024, 22:58   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post
I pay 800 for weekly 5 days external wipe of my hatchback and scooter. Includes once a week internal wipe and external water wash. One day a week is off.
catchjyoti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 11:33   #140
BHPian

I pay 600 bucks to wash my Renault Kiger all seven days a week including the internals on Saturdays.
jomyboy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 11:50   #141
Senior - BHPian

I pay 600 for washing my Sonet and TVS Wego every alternate day. Incudes interior cleaning once a month. This is my building security person, who is an old hand.
Before 2023 for many years, I had a different car wash guy (boy) who washed mine and some other cars. Used to pay him the same 600. This was for Rapid.
After I bought the Sonet, he informed he wants more since this is an SUV. Told him not to wash my car from that day onwards and handed over to the security guy.

Last edited by hrman : 12th January 2024 at 11:53.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 12:37   #142
BHPian

Carwash guy charges ₹1000 for SUV, ₹800 for small hatchback & ₹500 for bike - per month.

They reuse duster/dirty water/clothes shared with ALL other cars in my apartment complex that they work upon, hence don't find it comfortable to use their services.

Keep the cars + bike covered on days that I don't use them.

Use a cheap imitation of Jopasu to clean the car covers, take them off, pack in plastic bag & store in trunk, use Jopasu to clean the cars when I need to take them out.

Once a fortnight, use a hand-pump pressure washer jar to clean the cars + bike. 1st iteration with 3M car-shampoo, use sponge to work up lather, clean with couple of different water-absorbent microfibre clothes one after other; repeat same process using plain water.
Total usage of water - about 3L.

Twice in a year take both cars + bike to a pressure washing centre, 500 per car & 200 for bike.

Works fine for me.
KrisTvpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 13:47   #143

My carwash guy charges Rs. 400 per month for 2016 Jazz. This includes external wash seven days a week and internal cleaning once a week on Sunday.

I try to get car washed from washing center twice a year, mainly for underbody and engine bay cleaning.
Old 10th March 2024, 19:38   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I pay 600 for washing my Sonet and TVS Wego every alternate day. Incudes interior cleaning once a month. This is my building security person, who is an old hand.
Before 2023 for many years, I had a different car wash guy (boy) who washed mine and some other cars. Used to pay him the same 600. This was for Rapid.
After I bought the Sonet, he informed he wants more since this is an SUV. Told him not to wash my car from that day onwards and handed over to the security guy.
I pay the carwash guy Rs 500 pm for my car in Blore. In Greater Noida I pay Rs 400 pm for my other car.

Though with the present water scarcity in Blore, a better question to ask Bloreans would be: How much do you pay for the water to clean your car?!?!
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 21:23   #145
BHPian

Rs.500/car in Bengaluru(Whitefield). Though of late due to water scarcity, the cleaning is not that regular ( it's not as if it was regular earlier, the guy is a horribly erratic fellow and not to mention the gazillion scratches he causes on the metal and glass )
Old 11th March 2024, 00:02   #146
BHPian

I wash my cars myself now as I like my high flow pressure washer but back in 2016 in Mumbai I went to 3M every 4-5 days for a foam wash and paid 600, so about 4000 per month but their service was terrible. Water marks everywhere on the paint and glass, the car was thrown out in 20-25 mins with drips everywhere and trim dressing improperly applied in places.

I was forced to go to them as back then we didn’t have other pro detailing services, plus no cordless machines for attempting yourself in an apartment parking lot. I even asked him to charge more and spend more time on the car as I understand there’s a cost to doing something properly but they wouldn’t listen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks