Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 10:02   #76
BHPian

re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

The night watchmen of our appartment turn into car cleaners when they go off duty in the morning. My guy charges Rs. 300 per month for my Verna and Activa. Sundays are off and interior cleaning is once a week. Quite satisfied with his work. Best thing is that since they are our security guys who have been provided accomodation within the colony, they are reliable and do not skip work without prior notice (in which case the others cover up)
Old 29th June 2012, 10:33   #77
BHPian

Pay about the same rate as others in Mumbai. Rs 650 for 2 cars Alto and Manza. Exterior every day and interior once a week.
Old 29th June 2012, 10:49   #78

My car is parked in the open. Initially I used to do all the cleaning at weekends and later decided to take the services of the cleaner. He charges Rs. 200 per month, however he comes only 3 times a week and here in Mumbai during rainy season, the rain does most of the cleaning.
Old 29th June 2012, 11:57   #79
BHPian

Earlier, I used to pay Rs. 300 to the apartment janitor who cleaned my Scorpio. Sadly, he never washed it with care (as expected). Sooner, I also found lots of scratches everywhere .

Then I explored Mirror Shine car-wash service, that's almost @ my door step. They charge Rs. 1000 to clean my car using Instafinish/3M car-care products, for thrice in a week. Very impressive work and the best part is I don't see any scratches anymore. My Scorpio looks brand new, though it's going to be a year with my beast next month. And, they have a website too Welcome To Mirror Shine
Old 29th June 2012, 13:59   #80
BHPian

Rs.300 for cleaning my Honda City. Its basically the same rate that I paid for when I had the Optra (till March this year). The 300 bucks gets me a 5 day cleaning and interiors wiped down on Sundays.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

The watchman in our building does the washing/cleaning of cars and bikes. Some of the residents have monthly deals with him, but I don't. I pay him every time he washes the car - Rs. 50 for car and scooter. I ask him to wash the car and bike about 3 times a month.

He does a fantastic job! No scratches or swirl marks!
Old 29th June 2012, 14:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

300 rupees each for my City and Civic per month. Interior cleaning on Sundays and otherwise on request.
Old 29th June 2012, 17:00   #83
BHPian

300/- for Ritz & 150/- for Karizma. So 450/- per month for both.

He is supposed to clean the car everyday without any holiday and clean every Sunday from inside. But he often ends up taking a holiday once a week which I turn a blind eye to. After all we all need holidays don't we ?
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:02   #84

I have a driver so usually i dont get my car washed by the cleaning people regularly. Chap was gone for a month and a half and ended up paying 1,000 for four cars per month, and that was after talking to at least half a dozen individuals.
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:52   #85
BHPian

I pay 300 for my Vista which the building security cleans everyday. He is supposed to clean the interiors twice a week, however in the last 6 months, I have not let him touch the Beige Black interiors. Leave that for 3M.

Sometimes, if the car gets dirty if I go to drop my kid to school in the morning, he again washes it for my Office drive. That's something I like.
Old 4th July 2012, 00:13   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

I was paying Rs.250 per month for my Dzire, but was not satisfied and hence I started cleaning once in a week(Saturday or Sunday), It was a good exercise and time pass too. If am not getting time then I ask that guy to clean, he charges Rs. 20 for one wash.
Old 14th August 2012, 15:17   #87
BHPian

I pay 400 per month for everyday external cleaning, and once a week internal. This is in HSR Layout, Bangalore. For upholstery, I give it to Hyundai.
Old 14th August 2012, 19:19   #88
BHPian

I pay Rs 300/car/month here in South Bangalore. Since we have 3 at home, it totals upto 900/month.

The cleaner cleans the body with regular water and cloth. Once a week he shampoos them and twice a month he cleans the interiors. A bargain for me!
Old 22nd August 2012, 01:56   #89
BHPian

i pay 200 bucks for each car to my watchman, He makes sure that the car had enough scratches while he does the cleaning. Don't even ask about the wind shield . Black cars cant help.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:47   #90
BHPian

Here in Koramangala I pay 450 bucks per month. Car cleaner washes my car exteriors daily with plain water and cloth and once in a week (weekend) he will clean both interior and exteriors (for exteriors he will use car shampoo). In an area like koramangala 450 bucks is reasonable i guess

Last edited by lazybrain : 22nd August 2012 at 09:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks