Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 12:02   #106
BHPian

re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I was paying Rs 200 for an alternate day washing. Only exterior washing and i feel uncomfortable to give him the key for cleaning inside, so i do it when i get time.
Wise decision of not giving him the key. In our locality, a few Nepalese boys do the cleaning job. One boy got adventurous and took a swift for a round, i don't know what he did, but the swift jumped off after hitting a raised manhole cover and after hitting an alto parked ahead, rammed in to an electric pole supporting wire, dragging the pole to the ground, the pole broke in to two and landed on the roof of the car.

The car is a total loss, luckily no human damage was done!
Old 12th July 2013, 12:07   #107
Senior - BHPian

The price in Ulsoor(Bangalore) is Rs.500/- for practically 22 days a month. I had kept a guy for a month, but washing was just too shoddy, that too for a tiny car like Nano. Since then I wash it myself once in 3-4 days. The satisfaction of a good job of cleaning the car myself is a different thing altogether.
Old 12th July 2013, 20:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

I stay in a high-rise condo in Gurgaon and own two Scorpios. We call the car cleaner as GDW = gaadi dhone waala..!

I used to pay him Rs. 600 a month for both the cars till the last year. This year in Feb he came up with one of the most bizarre excuses for an increase - "Sahab, diesel aur petrol ke daam badh gaye". I almost died laughing. Just for that very original funny excuse I gave a raise of Rs.100. Once a week he cleans the cars from inside.
Old 12th July 2013, 21:30   #109
BHPian

Yes, they do come up with some really good explanations, don't they!!

I had this chap, who cleans my neighbours car for Rs. 300/- per month, whom I had called to clean my car just that once. He asked for something exorbitant - like Rs. 50/-. When I asked him why should I pay him so much he replied, "Sir, your are my ATM and the neighbour is my salary account."

Well, what can you say to that logic?!!
noidea is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 22:03   #110
BHPian

I stay in South Delhi and pay rs 800 for my storme and anhc. The cars are cleaned everyday except Sundays. The guy cleans them everyday inside out.
Old 12th July 2013, 22:18   #111
BHPian

In Mumbai, I pay 300 Rs for my Chevy Aveo, car is washed every day & inside of the car every Sunday.
Old 14th July 2013, 09:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

If I were to judge a competition for original funny quotes, this would have been in the top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post

why should I pay him so much he replied, "Sir, you are my ATM and the neighbour is my salary account."
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:37   #113
BHPian

The car wash guy

I am talking about the guy who cleans your car every morning. You may know him really well or maybe not. He is a new guy doing the job or cleaning your car for last 3 to 5 years. I am creating posting for them, to share my experience about the car wash fellow. I want to narrate some of their life stories.

As early as my memory goes, I knew one guy who used to wash a bus. This bus used to stand in front of my house in Kolkata. He then went on to become a bus conductor, a bus driver and then owner and driver of a famous Kolkata Ambby Taxi.

Now flash back to the five years, Manjunatha, was the car wash guy. Every Sunday he will call me up at 7 AM in the morning to ask for the key to clean car interior. I used to hand over the key and again back to bed. One fine day, I was getting ready to do some work early in the morning so I needed the car as soon as he finished cleaning. I came down with him to the parking. I started talking to him in english, he answered me politely in english; it was regarding his native. All of a sudden it dawned on me this guy speaks good english. I started to probe further about his education, to my pleasure I came to know that he is doing his graduation in commerce. I am happy to inform he is a CWA and working in an MNC.

Back to two years; Suresh was the person. He was a driver at our apartment; so he doubled up as car wash guy, for the need of extra cash. He only worked for six months and all of sudden he stopped coming. One fine day he came and informed he will not be able to carry out the work as he is ill, also asked for the last month payment. I asked him to wait at the gate to get the money. I came back gave him the money and asked what happened he replied, “Nothing Sir. Just need to do some more check ups.” I shut the door after wishing him to get well soon. He never came back I came to know he died of cancer. I could not even help the man. I am so sorry that I have paid him one week of less salary as he did not do any work for the last week. Sometime, we do things without knowing the grand scheme of things and it leaves with a scar in our heart, hard to heal. This has taught a lesson in my life.

Now back to the current one, he is hell of chap. Full energy and more style than any youngster I have seen. But he is doing his graduation too, in Arts and aspires to become a lawyer. I wish him luck.

For 10 -30 rupees a day, these guys toil to keep our car clean and presentable in the road. It's my ode to them and thank you.

Cheers,
Samik
samikc is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 17:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

Prices for my cleaner has increased a bit with new guys taking place of the old. They now charge 300 per car, irrespective of hatchback or sedan. We now pay 600 per month.
Old 17th February 2016, 23:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Wise decision of not giving him the key. In our locality, a few Nepalese boys do the cleaning job. One boy got adventurous and took a swift for a round, i don't know what he did, but the swift jumped off after hitting a raised manhole cover and after hitting an alto parked ahead, rammed in to an electric pole supporting wire, dragging the pole to the ground, the pole broke in to two and landed on the roof of the car.

The car is a total loss, luckily no human damage was done!
In our building, one fine day, the security guy - who also doubles up as the car cleaner - decided to try his skills on the landlord's Honda City. Not sure how he did, but he managed to first ram the car head on into the wall, and then while moving it back out of the wall, he hit the rear also in the compound wall . The total distance he was able to ramp up on his badge was some 2 meters front and back.

Lucky for the land lord, he didn't try his hands on their CR-V
Old 10th September 2017, 00:00   #116
BHPian

Since the time i bought Vento(close to 1.75 years) i water wash my vento on my own once a week and dust it once by middle of the week, but the car acts as a dust magnet that it gets dirtier in 12 hours. I am contemplating of utilizing local guy's car cleaning service for following reasons but i am worried if his negligence would create scratches and swirl marks.
1) I have a severe dust allergy and hence dusting it frequently is impossible.
2) there is no space to was the car and hence i park the car partly on my parking ramp and partly on the road and do the washing -which is uncomfortable.
3) My neighbours see me as a person wasting water because of me using a water hose to clean(though i use only close to 2.5 buckets for a one time wash per week - though i have fitted a water gun to hose and use the water responsibly but the local guy uses 1 bucket of water every day which comes to 6 buckets per week.

The guy who is cleaning my neighbour's hatch back is charging 700 INR per month - for all day cleaning except Sunday's - and i think he will expect more from me. Assuming that he is expecting 1000 rs per month will work out to 12K per year which is equivalent to yearly service cost of vento. Any advice fro you guys.
Old 10th September 2017, 00:53   #117
BHPian

In Bangalore, I pay 400 to wash my Duster everyday, and interior cleaning on Sunday.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:15   #118
BHPian

Here in Pune I pay 400 per month. The guy is the watchman of our building and he lives with his family in a two room house on the ground floor. So he can clean the car anytime.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 10:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

I get my car cleaned at my office parking. We have an office boy/peon at my office. We taught him car cleaning (Exterior). He cleans our cars (3 cars) every day without any extra cost. However, we allowed him to clean cars of other units/shades in our area. He charges Rs300/- monthly (24 days) Per car. I think that's normal rate. He is associated with more than 15 car owners now.

For the interior, I go to professional car washers once in a month. They charge whopping 550/- per car for full car wash and wax
Old 12th March 2018, 11:30   #120
BHPian

Used to pay 400 for a guy who cleaned most of the cars in our locality. But thanks to rising awareness, we voluntarily let him go. I now use half a bucket of water once a week and I feel proud to have convinced two dozen other owners to do the same! Hoping that this practice spreads among others as well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks