Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 20:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

I don't pay a single paisa to cleaners these days. I used to pay 200Rs per month earlier to get my car scratched everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What really surprised me is that, in a recent poll, 50+ % of Team-BHPians said they wash their car only once in a week (Linky). I simply don't understand how some of you manage that; one day without a wash and my cars look awfully dirty!
Thanks to Jopasu Dusters, I wash the car only once a week or sometimes even once in two weeks. These dusters do a good job for daily cleaning stuff. And day before yesterday only I got the car detailed by our TBHP detailer guys(i.e. MKH and Nirmaljustdoit) and now it seems like I don't even have to wash the car in once in a week if it doesn't rain heavily or it gets really dirty. And due to the detailing work now it's even more easier for the Jopasu duster to dust-off the dust from the car due to the smoothness of the paint. And if the car is not so dirty/muddy I can just use some quick detailer to clean the car instead of washing. But still rain can be a pain.
Old 30th May 2011, 20:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

I pay Rs 500 for my Scorpio. Earlier was paying Rs 400 for fiesta.This is only for external washing everyday. The boy does a good job and no regrets!!.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I pay 400 for two cars and one two wheeler. That includes washing every day, and cleaning the interiors once a week (Sunday).
Other than that, i take my cars for a jet spray wash at least once in 2 weeks. Upholstery cleaning is done once in a quarter.
400 for 2 cars / 1 2 wheeler is a steal . You Jet spary the 175 every 2 weeks , WTH ? That is some effort must say

The regular Pune rates are like 300-400 INR for hatch/ sedans and 500-700 for SUV's . I end up paying 300 for my hatch and 500 for my Safari(alternate weekends interior cleaning )

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 31st May 2011 at 12:07.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

I pay Rs 450 for cleaning my Fiesta and WagonR daily, and internal cleaning every Sunday. The rate used to be Rs 400 till last year.

Generally the guy fails to turn up 3 or 4 days in a month, but that is ok with me.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:25   #50
BHPian

I pay INR 550/month for daily washing of the 3 family cars: Indica, Estilo & Esteem. Wifey is very particular about keeping her car clean, so the cleaner has to clean even the interior of Estilo every other day. Rest 2's interiors are cleaned once a week.

IMO, the guy does a good job. I'd asked him to first wash the car with a bucket of water, then clean with a wet cloth and finally use a dry cloth. Explicit instruction: Never start with a dry cloth (as I've seen other cleaners do that) and he follows it.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Cleaning is the only physical activity i do. I dont intend to stop that for the moment. I prefer cleaning it myself.

And i dont think i will ever pay someone to clean my car. For me its just lazy.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

The watchman in our complex cleans the cars for Rs 100.00 a month. I have promised him the same amount if he comes nowhere near my car, though!
Old 31st May 2011, 14:01   #53
BHPian

In our apartment complex the rates vary between Rs 250 per month to Rs 300 per month depending on brand of the car. Expensive cars have higher service charges.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:12   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

My watch is a direct gift from the almighty himself!!!

He knows my special passion ( compared to the other insipid car owners in the apartment complex) and cleans my cars ( Cruze & i10) and bike (Pulsar 150) with utmost dedication and that's one of key reason my vehicles shine all the time.

Also, both cars are cleaned daily with tyres washed every single day. My bike gets cleaned may once in two days as he knows I use it rarely.

And, one of his son approaches me atleast once a month on his own self and does dashboard polish, car waxing etc.

For above, I pay him Rs.400/Month.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Today we removed the cleaner from the job. Dad was irritated due to his irregularity and today he scratched our ANHC with his metal bangles. Dad fired him immediately. In fact he used to clean car only after 8.30 AM whereas dad has to leave much before that, but still we were somehow managing. So from now I will clean them myself.

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd June 2011 at 16:13.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:22   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
In Gurgaon, we pay 200 for a hatch and 250 for a sedan (300 for a SUV); cars are cleaned each day and from inside on sunday.

Here in Bangalore, I pay 600 per month! (I stay in BTM which has independant houses so that could be a reason for the high rate). Shifting to a big society tomorrow; will check how much a cleaner charges there; since there be tons of cars that are washed and the rate/car would be lower.
Just moved in at Rohan Vasantha, Marathahalli. And I pay 200/month here! Interior cleaning every Sunday.

That is the diff. a big society with a lot of cars makes to the rate.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:47   #57
BHPian

I pay Rs 500 /- per month for daily cleaning of my my Scorpio. The guy cleans the interiors on alternate days and does a neat job. It is usual for him to be absent 3-4 days in a month (in addition to sundays)
Old 20th June 2011, 15:16   #58
BHPian

I pay 300/month for cleaning my car and 2 wheeler ( Indica/Activa ) he cleans the interior once in 2 weeks..I stay in Bangalore ( Marthahalli)
Old 20th June 2011, 15:25   #59
BHPian

I pay 200 per month for cleaning my car for six days a week. Interior cleaning is done by him once in 15 days time or whenever I ask him to.
He guy is punctual and makes sure the car is shining well before I leave for office.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:31   #60
BHPian

450 rupees per month for cleaning my Scorpio - the exteriors 6 days a week (and inviting scratches) and once a week interiors (just the mats and dashboard). Kind of not good, but then lack of time to do it myself doesn't leaves me a choice!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks