Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 13:47   #1936
BANNED

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Guys on bikes/walks point out that the air is low. You rush to the nearest tire shop and the guy says its a puncture. He removes the tire to check and you find more than 1 puncture at multiple spots. He fleeces you, and you you come home a happy customer. Many many many people are getting fleeced by these guys everyday
I know them, but this is unique, cause the flat tire is noticed by me. I took it to puncture guy to fix and end up in valve break. i really don't know if there is any reliable puncture guy out there.
Old 24th October 2016, 14:20   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Nothing new. A very old con these guys pull. Many forums including ours have dedicated threads on this. Guys on bikes/walks point out that the air is low.
I was on my sunday morning bicycle ride and I was doing about 20kmph on a straight road with a slight decent (Heading to Aundh from Rakshak Chowk). A Santro zipped passed me and the rear left tire was flat. Before I could shout him to stop, he was atleast 4-5 car lengths ahead.
A biker noticed my shouting and speed up to Santro and pointed at his tires. The driver was least bothered and carried on driving.
I could see the car vibrating ! Wonder how/why would anyone drive at over 30kmph with a flat tire in broad day light and a good safe area.

Due to these crooks, genuine cases of puncture get ignored.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 16:17   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I could see the car vibrating ! Wonder how/why would anyone drive at over 30kmph with a flat tire in broad day light and a good safe area.

Due to these crooks, genuine cases of puncture get ignored.
I have never come across any fellow who would willingly drive on a punctured tyre. The only two possible scenarios here are

1. The person had some genuine urgency/emergency.
2. The person thought it prudent to not stop the car immediately for the possibility of being fleeced.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:30   #1939
Senior - BHPian

This stretch is back to its usual crappy unplanned state.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-congestion.jpg

I spent over half an hour yesterday here (Thank the lord for automatic), I am wondering if I can exit at Baner, take the link road from Symantec and reach Bavdhan faster this way ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:49   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
This stretch is back to its usual crappy unplanned state.

Attachment 1573186

I spent over half an hour yesterday here (Thank the lord for automatic), I am wondering if I can exit at Baner, take the link road from Symantec and reach Bavdhan faster this way ?
Wow! Thats like Blood red with extra hemoglobin !

I usually take the service road after Balewadi flyover and then join back the highway at Sus Rd exit. There is a 10 m patch of moon crater surface on the highway. This causes a traffic pile up as everyone has to come to a dead halt and then take that section with extreme care.

Was there any breakdown/lane closure that caused this? I have travelled on it 4 times over the last 1 month and never faced any jam.
Old 3rd November 2016, 19:08   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
I am wondering if I can exit at Baner, take the link road from Symantec and reach Bavdhan faster this way ?
Dont bother because you wont save much. Baner is generally chock-a-block at around the same time. Unfortunately in Pune you cannot really avoid a jam, all you can do is select which one you want to get stuck in
centaur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:32   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post

Was there any breakdown/lane closure that caused this? I have travelled on it 4 times over the last 1 month and never faced any jam.
They have cordoned off the main highway again for construction work and one is forced to use the service road. About 6 lanes converge into two at that point. Expecting this to be like that for the next year atleast.
Old 4th November 2016, 09:51   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
They have cordoned off the main highway again for construction work and one is forced to use the service road. About 6 lanes converge into two at that point. Expecting this to be like that for the next year atleast.
So, we are back to the way it was a few months back.
For the past 2 months when I do Pune-Thane-Pune, I have started returning via Chandani Chowk instead of Baner. I think Baner one is 2 kms shorter for me. But, using the highway for a longer time helps in FE and less fatigue.

I will go back to taking Baner exit.

Whats interesting is that there is never a jam on the North Bound lane. That one is of the same width and similar traffic volume! Is that b'ca of the downward gradient? I think so.

Last edited by freedom : 4th November 2016 at 09:52.
Old 30th November 2016, 18:07   #1944
BHPian

Can someone please update what is the status of flyovers at Hadapsar Gadital chowk in Pune ?? Are all the arms constructed and open for traffic ? If I am not wrong, there is a two-deck flyover at this junction too, right ?

Google map image and labels are confusing. Does anyone have better 360 degree pictures ?
Attached Thumbnails
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-screenshot_20161130180137.png  

Old 30th November 2016, 18:26   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Last week when travelling on that road, I found that the extreme left arm of the flyover is now open.

It works like this -

Go up the Gadital fly over.

Keep extreme left.

Half-way through, an arm of the left opens, to take you over the fly over, and helps you to reach the Saswad Road (i.e. towards the Gliding Centre / SP Info city).

This means you can avoid going through the Gadital (busstand) road beneath the fly over to reach the Saswad Road.
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 10:51   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Saw this atrocious flex yesterday evening. It was popping out at least 10 feet from the building and blocking the road like crazy. Unfortunately, there is a PMPML bus stop right next to this crappy flex installation. How and why does the PMC allow such non-sense?

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-20161205_092028.jpg

Today morning I saw another frustrating scene. The divider near my house, is a 2-3 feet tall divider and stretches about 1 km or so. PMC spent 2 days in cleaning it and painting it black and white. Honestly, I think they did a good job with this. However, one sick moron spat on this newly done divider today morning making a patch of half a feet radius on it. People are so ignorant and least bothered about public infrastructure. If I were the PMC governer, I would have arrested this useless creature and put him in jail for 6 months at least and fined him 25000 INR.

Modi ji are trying his best to improve the situation, but finally it boils down to personal discipline and social awareness.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 5th December 2016 at 11:14. Reason: No expletives even in masked form Please!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:21   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Is there any whatsapp number/Twitter handle/FB Page (not Pune Traffic Police FB Page) where violations reported from Pune would be taken seriously by the authorities ? The PTP page used to be okay(ish) some years back, but has become progressively useless.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:19   #1948
Senior - BHPian

I remembered the movie Death Race today. This Baleno was driven insanely rashly on one of the narrow and dense roads in Pune, the Law College Road.

One rider on an Activa missed death by a whisker because of the moron driving the Baleno. Sick people !!!!

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-20170209_085549.jpg
Old 24th February 2017, 13:49   #1949
BHPian

Yesterday was election result day and boy did I pay for not taking the bike instead of the car !

I could see major roads red and while it was pretty smooth sailing (by Pune traffic standards) till Sinhagad road, the whole road from anand nagar onwards into Dhayari was a major snarl. It took me 1 hour to travel the 1km distance from dhayari exit till my home.

All this because of the victory procession of the local candidate in an open jeep distributing pedhas and spreading gulal all around. The couple of policemen stationed there were watching helplessly. A radio jockey rightly mentioned that the very first day of becoming elected representatives is proving to be a headache for the mango men (and women) who cast their vote.
Old 7th March 2017, 17:32   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Baner/Pashan road to become one way till the work of laying pipes is complete.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/57503482.cms

Seems to have not caused much in the way of traffic snarls.

@5.30 PM :

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-baner_jam.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks