Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:56   #691
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
when suggested that he should park the car on side, he said he will only take 2 minutes. when he was done getting pan, he met someone and spent nice 10 "quality minutes" chatting up with that person and the traffic condition was a havoc there.
Somebody should have caught the guys by his ears and made him move his vehicle.

BTW, didn't know that there was a Lane 8. Thought that things ended by Lane 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Just met this guy, he says that this cannot be repaired with the machine and quoted 5k for normal denting with painting. The guy I know quoted 3K denting with painting.

Wanted to write to you. We know some decent repair people in the "east" Pune area. I think 3k is a very good price if they can repair it well and color match.

Last edited by dot : 22nd December 2011 at 20:59.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:09   #692
Senior - BHPian

Saw two rear endings on the highway today.
Once, just beyond Pashan lake, where the road works are going on , maintenance folks were working near the divider, high visibility jackets and traffic cones in place. But a 407 driver was zooming and saw them at the last moment and slammed his brakes, skidding to a stop. A white Swift VDi , who was tailgating him, slammed on his brakes a bit too late. This happened right next to me as I was moving on my bike , and I did not stop to check the after effects.
Near Wakad octroi post, saw another one, with atleast a maroon i20 and white Swift VDi (notice the trend?) involved. Possibly a Winger too. Cops had gathered ,no idea what had happened.
Though a bike makes light work of Hinjewadi traffic, I shudder to think what even a slight nudge from inconsiderate drivers would do to a biker at highway speeds. Not that two wheeler chaps are angels themselves.

Last edited by sajo : 23rd December 2011 at 12:24. Reason: Added point.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:20   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Somebody should have caught the guys by his ears and made him move his vehicle.

BTW, didn't know that there was a Lane 8. Thought that things ended by Lane 7.
The lane which connects lane no. 7, 6 ,5 and 4 is lane no. 8 its the lane where great punjab is situated
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:21   #694
Senior - BHPian

Talking about bikers- here's what happened today morning.

I was on the way to work. This guy on a Pulser (sans helmet) was zooming past me at every chance he got. Then, just before the Mercedes showroom, this guy gets a call. So, the moron, stands on the bike, removes his phone from the jeans pocket, answers the call and yaps away merrily, all this, while driving the bike in the right most lane, with only the right hand on the handle!

There is no dearth of foolish people on earth!
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:28   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
the moron, stands on the bike, removes his phone from the jeans pocket, answers the call and yaps away merrily, all this, while driving the bike in the right most lane, with only the right hand on the handle!
Ha! This is nothing compared to another Darwin defier I saw today.
Middle of the left lane on 100cc Hero Honda- check.
Triple seat - check.
Last guy's legs dangling in air and not on footpegs - Check.
First guy yaking on the phone - Check.
These folks were not even giving way to a massive Ashok Leyland dumper tailgating them.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:31   #696
Senior - BHPian

Another rear ending and again just before the bridge at Wakad OCTROI. A sumo with all those steel armors around braked suddenly and the City guy behind him kissed the rear leaving a lasting impression of the steel armor on the area between bonet and the grill. Sumo was unscathed.

BTW I see/hear about a rear ending almost EVERY DAY! Remember It used to be ONCE EVERY WEEK when I last posted about this. So guys, exercise EXTREME caution while driving through this, maintain more than necessary distance and beware of tail gaters!
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:07   #697
BHPian

<rant>
Yesterday my wife was driving back home in Alto and was waiting in the queue on the left lane on the Mezza9 to highway route. An elderly gentle(?)man in Getz was plying on the right when he spotted a truck coming head on. Conveniently the moron swerved to left and scratched the stationary Alto. My wife was helpless, though she wouldn't have ventured out anyways. Agreed, there are traffic chaos and problems, but I think people have lost even little compassion to fellow travelers.
Need to visit Shetty car service next week.

Lucky for me, I work at a firm, where I get to beat the peak hour traffic both in the morning (I start to work very early ) and evening as well. I sincerely hope atleast some IT firms start implementing some saner HR policies w.r.t office hours. Imagine the plight of guys staying at Hadapsar and commuting to HJW daily.
</rant>
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:08   #698
BHPian

I have rear ended a Baleno once with my Sumo (now sold)

I was in Mumbai and driving at reasonably high speed when it started raining. The roads were wet and the Baleno in front of me braked suddenly. I braked at the same time but sumo without its frills, refused to stop and started sliding on the wet road and i hit the back of Baleno and damaged it badly. His entire back portion went inside and it became like a hatch back. The driver got out and started shouting at me but i refused to get out as it was raining. Then the owner of car (a fine and distinguished looking gentleman) got out of the car and i thought I had to get out of the car at that point. When i got out, the owner of baleno looked at me, my vehicle (whose only number plate got bent in the whole accident) and then his vehicle and started shouting at his driver that he should drive slowly and should not break so hard in such situations and looked at me : "son you get along, there was no fault of yours"

I sat in my car, started driving and never looked back!!
Old 23rd December 2011, 23:22   #699
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When i got out, the owner of baleno looked at me, my vehicle (whose only number plate got bent in the whole accident) and then his vehicle and started shouting at his driver that he should drive slowly and should not break so hard in such situations and looked at me : "son you get along, there was no fault of yours"
Wow, odd things do happen once in a while.

Last month one my colleague's Swift got front ended by an oncoming Scorpio which was travelling on the wrong side of the road. This occurred around the Khadki region. The owner of the Scorpio turned out to be an army guy who accepted his driver's mistake and paid for the deductible damage.
Old 25th December 2011, 21:18   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend saw a Getz burning on Nagar road (near BQ Nation) half an hour ago. He couldn't stop at that moment, so didn't get any details. Anybody has any info on this?
Old 25th December 2011, 22:58   #701
dot
Senior - BHPian

^I drove on that stretch around 8:10-8:15. Must have happened after that.
Old 26th December 2011, 14:30   #702
BHPian

Got rear ended again..

This time it was a guy on a bike - no helmet, following too closely. Even at relatively pedestrian speeds - I must not have been at more than 30 Km/h when you push the pedal the car virtually comes to a standstill - this need arose due to a newbie (with a large L) in an Alto who got nervous due to a truck on the side & slammed on the brakes - the two wheeler guys just do not have that stopping power & end up hitting the vehicles in front. And to top it would start trying the blame the car guy for the accident. And most of our mango people would just side by the person without understanding even the basics of what happened. God forbid if it is a female rider & esp if she / her vehicle has got some damage - what has happened to your vehicle does not count.

In this case the impact was v low & the guy had the decency to apologize. As it was a bike & the hit was relatively at slow speed no harm done to either vehicle.
Old 26th December 2011, 17:21   #703
BHPian

Once I got rear ended badly by a biker (yamaha rx100). I was on North Main road - Koregaonpark waiting for two cars in front of me to turn right in lane No.1 (osho ashram road) when I heard a loud bang and an impact at the back of my car. Since the cars in front of me had started moving, I took my car on side so as to not cause a traffic jam and got out of the car to check the damage. When i went back, my rear light has completely shattered and i saw some blood drops on the car. I looked back at the accident spot and a mob had gathered. The guy on the bike apparently was unconscious and looked pretty serious to me as he was completely limp. I was standing on the sides as i didnt want to get any attention but people put him in an auto and took him to inlacs budhrani hospital immediately. People started asking questions about the car guy when i stepped in and said that it was me. Everyone looked at me and stared for 1 minute. After that the general opinion of the crowd was that I should get out of there as it might get serious.Since I knew that the guy was taken to the hospital and taken care of, I thought of leaving the place. (the guy on bike looked like a hooligan- "gunda" types and thought it was better to be out) called my lawyer after 5 mins to check if I can go to hospital to check on the guy and he strongly suggested that I should keep away.
Old 26th December 2011, 19:38   #704
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
And most of our mango people would just side by the person without understanding even the basics of what happened.
Quote:
called my lawyer after 5 mins to check if I can go to hospital to check on the guy and he strongly suggested that I should keep away.

Feel very sad to hear this.
Sometime back a motorcyclist rear ended my car when I was driving straight on an open road and then he started shouting at me. Naturally rest of the crowd sided with him. I tried to reason with them that how can it be my fault as I was driving straight on an open road. Fortunately a police motorcyclist came in 2-3 minutes and shooed off the fellow and the crowd. Even more fortunate thing was that there was no damage on my car. May not be so lucky next time.

Last edited by dot : 26th December 2011 at 19:39.
Old 26th December 2011, 20:11   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot

Feel very sad to hear this.
Sometime back a motorcyclist rear ended my car when I was driving straight on an open road and then he started shouting at me. Naturally rest of the crowd sided with him. I tried to reason with them that how can it be my fault as I was driving straight on an open road. Fortunately a police motorcyclist came in 2-3 minutes and shooed off the fellow and the crowd. Even more fortunate thing was that there was no damage on my car. May not be so lucky next time.
That's the problem dotty and the reason for me not to go there. There was every but chance that his friends etc would have ganged up on me and then who knows what would they have done.

In another incident I was taking u turn to go to oaks on east street when a guy came and hit me from behind. He was a local and as soon as the accident happened, everyone gathered around me and started asking for money. I refused saying its not my fault and won't pay up. You won't believe what happened next, one guy actually walked to the side where he was sitting and got a big Knife out and threatened me. I had no option Ar that time but to pay 500 rupees for someone else's mistake. That's the rule if street.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks