Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 09:52   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Really sorry to hear about the incident Anil. Must be crushing, (mentally!). What happened thereafter ? Compensation, taking to task, Mobbed, etc ?
The ST driver refused to budge and was intent on continuing with the case. The police tried to make him negotiate and all that but he just kept saying "meri galti nahi hain".

I did not want my vehicle to be impounded and all the damage was for the rear quarter panel(and nothing else), so I wasted as much time as possible for the guy and then let him go.

The mistake I did was, moving a bit ahead in that moment when the end of the bumper nudged my car making it to plough through the panel and THAT caused more damage.

Thankfully me being a non marathi speaking guy did not effect. But the funny part was that the passengers who were injured (apparently) came running to the police and started making claims that I should pay for their injuries, the police shooed them off.

OT: Any good denting guy that you know of? The guy I know is good for painting but has to rely on someone else for denting, so I need someone who could do a very good denting job. PM me

Last edited by anilisanil : 21st December 2011 at 09:55.
Old 21st December 2011, 13:24   #677
Senior - BHPian

^^ There is this guy near Yashwantrao Sabagriha in Kothrud, right next to it infact. Quality is okay, but the denting work is cheap. Our Tata Indigo's numerous dings are repaired about once a year from there.

EDIT : The name of the garage is Novel Car Care. Contact Imtiaz, the owner.

Last edited by sajo : 21st December 2011 at 13:26.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 13:25   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

OT: Any good denting guy that you know of? The guy I know is good for painting but has to rely on someone else for denting, so I need someone who could do a very good denting job. PM me
Did you check this -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2426365
HIghly recommended by tbhpians.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 14:12   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Shetty's garage (Balewadi, near Darshan Tyres). Got my Xylo and Estilo repair work done through him. Great service and pricing.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 15:04   #680
BHPian

There is a nice intersection in Koregaonpark where lane No.6 and lane No.8 cross each other. There is a Pan shop at the intersection. Last night I was standing at that intersection and a guy parked his car completely on the road and left to get a pan. when suggested that he should park the car on side, he said he will only take 2 minutes. when he was done getting pan, he met someone and spent nice 10 "quality minutes" chatting up with that person and the traffic condition was a havoc there. That crossing in general is very dicey and lot of people zoom past creating situations which can lead to serious accidents. That is also a spot where lot of riders get confused as to which direction to go to and keep on going round and round
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 15:39   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
^^ There is this guy .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Shetty's garage (Balewadi, near Darshan Tyres). Got my Xylo and Estilo repair work done through him. Great service and pricing.
Please check the damage in the pic attached and advise me if I can risk getting it done outside. I did not yet contact the FASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Did you check this -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2426365
HIghly recommended by tbhpians.
Just met this guy, he says that this cannot be repaired with the machine and quoted 5k for normal denting with painting. The guy I know quoted 3K denting with painting.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-21122011003.jpg

The problem I have with SC is it takes at least 7 days with Insurance formalities to get this done and I cannot afford to be with out a car for that long as it is our (me and wife) only source of transport and also they would recommend replacing the quarter panel rather than repairing it!

Last edited by anilisanil : 21st December 2011 at 15:43.
Old 21st December 2011, 16:42   #682
BHPian

^^^ Anil - you can drop by Shetty's garage on your way home and get an estimate on the cost. The garage is open till 8 PM. Looking at the damage and comparing with what I had on my Xylo - might be under 3K.

You can also check with Carwala at Bavdhan (Rahul). He does not have the setup to do denting painting and will get it done elsewhere but seems to be a genuine person.

Balance the estimates given with the insurance deductible and NCB on your insurance and you can decide accordingly.

Edit : Shetty will take about a couple of days for this.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 21st December 2011 at 16:45.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 16:43   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Please check the damage in the pic attached and advise me if I can risk getting it done outside. I did not yet contact the FASS.

Just met this guy, he says that this cannot be repaired with the machine and quoted 5k for normal denting with painting. The guy I know quoted 3K denting with painting.

Attachment 859102

The problem I have with SC is it takes at least 7 days with Insurance formalities to get this done and I cannot afford to be with out a car for that long as it is our (me and wife) only source of transport and also they would recommend replacing the quarter panel rather than repairing it!
Looks bad, and its all on metal part. But 5k is too much; I think the FASS will charge you around the same for this work, so its better to go to FASS.
Old 21st December 2011, 16:47   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you stay in/around Kothrud, then Novel Car Care mentioned by sajo is a decent option. There is another garage called Arihant Auto next to Hotel Mirch Masala, who does a good denting/painting job, but it is not cheap [but not as expensive as the ASC either]. Let me know if you want his phone #.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:34   #685
Senior - BHPian

Oops Anil. That looks bad. try out the local denting painting guy before you go to ASC.
But, in all honesty, I feel this needs a visit to the ASC for the exact look and match. Hard luck there mate.

On another note, whats with the discussion on which city has better infra and how Pune sucks in that department? Since when did we (Punekars) start arguing on that! As if, complaining about Hinjewadi wasnt sufficient.

EDIT: Subodh: I know which Paan wala you are talking about. That intersection always gives me goosebumps while passing. That speeds, the innumerable bhai's and the vehicles they drive (and park) are a scary sight indeed. But then, come to think of it, which area isnt!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 22nd December 2011 at 11:36.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:29   #686
BHPian

Quote:
The guy I know quoted 3K denting with painting.
Try Chaudary - 9970709781 (hope he hasnt chnaged numbers ), the guy is located after you cross HJW chowk (coming frm Ph2 ) . Post crossing the chowk and commuting 50 odd mts , on your left would be a garage with a Pan tapri on its corner (Samarth Pan corner or something ). Excellent guy , excellent work , have tried many a times ,though not recently ( around a year back) .

The best part is the speed @ which the work is done . hardly a day or 2 it takes for him .
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:51   #687
Senior - BHPian

Pune BHPians,

I will be going for the Ashtavinayak in the next week. The plan is to complete Mahad and Pali and reach Pune. Stay at my Inlaws place at Sinhagad Road. The remaining Ganapati's would be covered in two days. Need to know the traffic and road conditions for route 1 - Sinhagad Road, ranjangaon-ozhar-Lenyadri and back, Route 2 - Sinhagad Road-Theur-Morgaon-Siddhatek and back. What is the best time to start from Sinhagad road and return back. How is the road conditions within Pune city and on the routes mentioned? Any particular stretches which need to be avoided. Inputs needed please.
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:57   #688
Senior - BHPian

^Ghodlur: Avoid Sinhagad road at peak hours by all means. Its a mess out there.
Try leaving early morning or late in the noon. The road conditions are pretty alright in general. Leaving an odd pothole or two, its a smooth ride till Ranjangaon. Not too sure about the road condition to Lenyadri though.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:31   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pune BHPians,

I will be going for the Ashtavinayak in the next week. The plan is to complete Mahad and Pali and reach Pune. Stay at my Inlaws place at Sinhagad Road. The remaining Ganapati's would be covered in two days. Need to know the traffic and road conditions for route 1 - Sinhagad Road, ranjangaon-ozhar-Lenyadri and back, Route 2 - Sinhagad Road-Theur-Morgaon-Siddhatek and back. What is the best time to start from Sinhagad road and return back. How is the road conditions within Pune city and on the routes mentioned? Any particular stretches which need to be avoided. Inputs needed please.
Road conditions around Lenyadri is not so good. I had been to Malshej from where Lenyadri is close by ( I suppose I am not confusing with Ozar/Lenyadri). Nashik road is pain to drive on, so consider good enough time for driving, just don't by no. of Kms.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:48   #690
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, thank you all for the pointers for local denting workshops. I gather that I am going a tad bit too off topic and hence started a new thread here, kindly post your inputs:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cing-part.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks