Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 09:20   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I guess it was the case of rash driving which caused the accident. RTO has relelased an ultimatum that all trucks, dumpers, trailers and heavy vehicles should get the speed governors installed before the end of the February 28, 2013 deadline.

Attached is the circular issued by Maharashtra transport dept.

Wow! Thanks, hoping it will come into action and make travelling that much safer!
Old 17th January 2013, 11:40   #227
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

My daughter - Prisha, 6 years is participating in inter-school drawing competition next week on 24th January 2013. To be present by her I am scheduled to visit Prempuri Ashram, at Sitaram Patkar Marg, Near Babulnath Road & Wison College on Thursday (24th January) at 10 am. Which means I will have to start from my home at Malad approx at 8 am.

Firstly I need help of best route to take - I think Malad West - Western Express Highway - Worli Sea Link - Haji Ali - Pedder Road will be the best option. What do you say freinds?

Secondly I need to know whether parking space is available at Prempuri Ashram or at nearby areas? Are there any pay & park options available there?

Thanks,
Old 17th January 2013, 12:24   #228
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Which means I will have to start from my home at Malad approx at 8 am. Firstly I need help of best route to take - I think Malad West - Western Express Highway - Worli Sea Link - Haji Ali - Pedder Road will be the best option. What do you say freinds?
Today i left from my home near Marve at 8a.m. took the Andheri Subway then onto Sealink & reached Haji Ali by 9:30a.m. This is some sort of a record for me!
Yesterday left from my home at 8:30a.m. took Malad subway onto WEH, took Sealink & reached Haji Ali at 10:30a.m. There was traffic as usual.
Hope this was of help to you.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 13:11   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Which means I will have to start from my home at Malad approx at 8 am.

Firstly I need help of best route to take - I think Malad West - Western Express Highway - Worli Sea Link - Haji Ali - Pedder Road will be the best option. What do you say freinds?

Secondly I need to know whether parking space is available at Prempuri Ashram or at nearby areas? Are there any pay & park options available there?

Thanks,
Jignesh, leave a little before 8 am, even 7:45 am is good. I have not had traffic if I am on the highway (oberai mall) before 8:15 am. Once you cross Bandra before 9, you are good.

I normally park my car in some parking lot and cab it to my venue. I hate looking for parking when I have some meeting fixed. There is some pay n park around Wilson college. But would not be 100% sure if you will have any slots by the time you get there. Some parking is available in the Altamont road area. (take a left at the signal after Jaslok Hospital).

All the best to your daughter.
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 13:35   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

My daughter - Prisha, 6 years is participating in inter-school drawing competition next week on 24th January 2013. To be present by her I am scheduled to visit Prempuri Ashram, at Sitaram Patkar Marg, Near Babulnath Road & Wison College on Thursday (24th January) at 10 am. Which means I will have to start from my home at Malad approx at 8 am.

Thanks,
Few years back i used to drive from Powai to Colaba everyday and always noticed that leaving home before 8am made me reach colaba in less than an hour. If i left even at 8:05 am meant it would take me an easy 1.5hours even though i would use the eartern express and via jj flyover. This as per me holds true whenever traveling from western suburbs to south bombay no matter whichever route you take.

If i am not wrong there is a pay and park in the lanes opp babulnath and behind wilson college.

Your route option looks good though you would have to spend on toll for the sea link but you would save on time and fuel.
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:07   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Since I reside very close to your above mentioned destination, let me caution you that there is no parking available in the immediate surroundings of Prempuri. The best option you have is to park in one of the lanes opposite Babulnath Temple which have free parking (and if you do reach before 10 you will have no issues finding space) and walk from thereon till Prempuri.

Regarding the route, the one that you have mentioned is the best option.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 10:10   #232
BHPian

^ Does this availability of parking hold true for Sunday mornings too (around 9ish) if one was to visit the temple?
Old 18th January 2013, 10:41   #233
BHPian

Can anybody tell me the parking options near CST/Azad Maidan on Sunday morning, the day of marathon? I don't want to park at Crawford Market. Is Kala Ghoda a good option?

I'll be going there to pick up my wife after half-marathon, will be finish before 8:30.
Old 18th January 2013, 11:37   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Can anybody tell me the parking options near CST/Azad Maidan on Sunday morning, the day of marathon? I don't want to park at Crawford Market. Is Kala Ghoda a good option?

I'll be going there to pick up my wife after half-marathon, will be finish before 8:30.
Try parking in the lane besides Mcdonalds at CST, in which Sterling Cinema is situated.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 11:48   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Try parking in the lane besides Mcdonalds at CST, in which Sterling Cinema is situated.
Thanks. The marathon finishes outside CST, so a lot of roads around there will be blocked. The bigger challenge will be getting my tired wife to the car :-( which will be quite far away.
Old 18th January 2013, 11:56   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I too will suggest to park in the lane of Sterling Cinema. This is a Government Authorized Pary & Park and they charge offical rates, which are very cheap (I believe Rs. 10 for 1 hour & so on). But you will have to reach there pretty early to grad the limited parking place available.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 11:55   #237
BHPian

I parked in front of Eros, Sterling theater road was blocked. A lot of roads were blocked. I reached the area from P DeMello road. My wife successfully completed the half marathon. I saw the indomitable Fauja Singh running in the Dream Run.

Mumbai Traffic-image224648248.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 14:12   #238
BHPian

Guys, how is the traffic scene at JVLR at 8.00pm going towards Jogeshwari side? Need to pick up someone at the domestic airport at 9.30 pm.
Old 24th January 2013, 14:58   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Guys, how is the traffic scene at JVLR at 8.00pm going towards Jogeshwari side? Need to pick up someone at the domestic airport at 9.30 pm.
Don't even think about that route. It is jammed from WEH right upto Powai these last few days. Better to take the MIDC / Seepzz route.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 12:16   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The best option you have is to park in one of the lanes opposite Babulnath Temple which have free parking
Hello S2!!!,

Thank you for the information. I visited the place yesterday & managed to park my car in a small lane diagonally opposite Babulnath Temple. The lane had a Best office & the parking was free & the road was surrounding a play ground. While returning back at 5:30 pm, the 3 km stretch on Peddar Road from Babulnath Temple to Haji signal was jammed packed & it took us almost 45 minutes to reach Haji Ali.

I started from Malad at 9:30 am & returned home at 6:45 pm via Western Express Highway & Sealink. The traffic on entire route from Malad - Western Express was nno much of a hassle except from Peddar Road in evening.

P.S. My daughter managed to get consolation prize as her crayon coloring was selected in top 10 out of approx 100 participants.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks