Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2004, 22:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Anger!!!!Cause of most of the TBhpians and also of a lotta accidents.
Right......my turn now.
1) Like every1,Impatient.Thats what i need to improvise on.I`ve even rammed my m-800 years back into an ikon at breach candy,cos he was kinda blocking my way,and going to slow despite honking.
2) I revv the car a lot.I know its bad for the car,but im into this habit of revvin till the redline on each gear.
3) Screech.....i start with a screech most of the time.I love the impression on the Paandus face after he hears the screech.Looks so harrowed.
4) Handbrake.While parking the car i usually pull up the handbrake and rotate the car to a 60deg angle,while the car is still in motion.Luv that.But gotcha stop it.

Thats bout it for now......
Cya.
Old 10th September 2004, 23:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

I definitely need to work on my patience. Part of the problem lies in the car I drive. The Conti dosen't like to be driven at city speeds. It's more of a cruiser and because of that, I regularly achieve speeds in excess of 100km/h. Rickshaws, taxis and jaywalkers (especially college kids) really get on my nerves. I end up abusing a lot of people. Politicians and Govt. officials are next in the firing line - for bad roads.

Old 11th September 2004, 00:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Sep. 10 2004,12:31)]I normally drive in a very sedate manner. But yes there are times when I get these jhatkas to get into the racing mood.... *
Hey Dippy i remember u r biggest cut from the third lane to the first lane around Nariman Point while coming from Bade Miyas i guess... i still laugh at that one!!!

Welll i gotto be more patient while driving.. and yeah as Rtech said.. those Taxis and Rickshaws screwup my mind.. and i am always... cutting them in the end
Old 11th September 2004, 00:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

boy and i thut only i was normally_crazy !!

quite of bunch of maniacs and pyschos roaming here we have !!!!

just hoping some pandu doesnt get internet savvy and logs on to T-bhp.

cheers
Old 11th September 2004, 01:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ Sep. 10 2004,21:42)]The Conti dosen't like to be driven at city speeds.
Hi Aditya,

The worst part with conti's at city speeds is watching the water temp gauge going up... ended up adding a electric fan to the radiator to keep up with the traffic snarls *
Old 11th September 2004, 02:01   #21
F50
Senior - BHPian

Add one more impatient driver
Seriously I loose my temper very easily but don abuse, may be sum hand jestures sometimes .... Taxis walas uhhh wat to say those gas eaters drive so as if they are driving in some park named after their own father ...
Don take my car to suburbs and if I take then only if the route im takin is highway ....
I dont like to be overtaken, I fight till my cars top speed i.e. 120 .. I drive Santro .... Next car will be much faster ... hope so ...
Old 11th September 2004, 02:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hey Dippy i remember u r biggest cut from the third lane to the first lane around Nariman Point while coming from Bade Miyas i guess... i still laugh at that one!!!
Hey Stratos remember the time I cut across at Worli seaface and got you stuck behind a BEST bus while I sped off

I bet F50 remembers that We had a good laugh. Cant help it ... usually happens after a Schumi win

Dippy
Old 11th September 2004, 02:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 10 2004,20:58)]Anger!!!!Cause of most of the TBhpians and also of a lotta accidents.
Right......my turn now.
1) Like every1,Impatient.Thats what i need to improvise on.I`ve even rammed my m-800 years back into an ikon at breach candy,cos he was kinda blocking my way,and going to slow despite honking.
2) I revv the car a lot.I know its bad for the car,but im into this habit of revvin till the redline on each gear.
3) Screech.....i start with a screech most of the time.I love the impression on the Paandus face after he hears the screech.Looks so harrowed.
4) Handbrake.While parking the car i usually pull up the handbrake and rotate the car to a 60deg angle,while the car is still in motion.Luv that.But gotcha stop it.

Thats bout it for now......
Cya.
Somewhat like X-machine, i....

1. sometimes get the feeling that i should ram some people up ahead going very slow. Happened with me the other day when i saw this guy on a Karizma up ahead changing lanes like mad on the highway but was going slower than me. I rolled down my window at the next signal and gave him a piece of my mind, showed him my got bhp sticker and told him "yours is 17, mine is 60" Dont mess with me"

2. Well for no other reason am i called revvmaster anyways. Shan2nu and GTO want me to revv a 1000 cars by the time i'm 50. I sure will i suppose. Geez, thanx guys.

3. Wheelspin in front of pandus... hahaha... ask Shan2nu what i did outside sidewok once after the race. He sure as hell remembers.

4. I use the handbrake a lot. Especially during turns and while slowing down from very fast speeds.

V12, i think you can get away with that fear of driving on the expressway at nights. I do it quite often and it is quite bright actually with quite a few refllectors on the road. Try doin runs b/w 5:30 and 7:00 in the evening. Later than that you'll surely encounter problems.

Revvmaster
Old 11th September 2004, 03:08   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No offence, but some of you guys could really do with therapy for road rage!!

For me, theres only one solution to Bombay traffic indiscipline : The Jeep.

GTO
Old 11th September 2004, 08:44   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 11 2004,01:38)]No offence, but some of you guys could really do with therapy for road rage!!

For me, theres only one solution to Bangalore traffic indiscipline :The Amby.
Old 11th September 2004, 11:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Sep. 11 2004,01:03)]Hey Stratos remember the I cut across at Worli seaface and got you stuck behind a BEST bus while I sped off *....
and... also u getting nearly into the parking lot while overtaking that 800
Old 11th September 2004, 20:32   #27
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Sep. 11 2004,01:03)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hey Dippy i remember u r biggest cut from the third lane to the first lane around Nariman Point while coming from Bade Miyas i guess... i still laugh at that one!!! *
Hey Stratos remember the time I cut across at Worli seaface and got you stuck behind a BEST bus while I sped off *

I bet F50 remembers that We had a good laugh. Cant help it ... usually happens after a Schumi win *

Dippy
Yeah I very well remember that .... and I was hoping that u miss dat black accent's rear end which was parked ... And u did loll
Old 11th September 2004, 20:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well, I haven't been behind the wheel for too long time, but, when ever i've been......i've scared the passengers. I've been a complete idiot!! .I have graduated from a cycle to a car in very recent times , but, the driving style hasn't changed much. I sverve thru lanes as if i'm riding a cycle, overtake from any side of the road, yup....cycle ishtyle. But, i'm curbing those instincts. Now, i'm getting much better. (Thanks to dad who sits next to me all the time i drive!! )

But, i don't speed. I keep my max speed limit to say a 70-80 kmph on highways and a max of 60 in city.

Old 12th September 2004, 20:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 11 2004,01:38)]No offence, but some of you guys could really do with therapy for road rage!!

GTO
How bout anger management alongwith Adam Sandler???
Old 13th September 2004, 01:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 10 2004,20:58)]4) Handbrake.While parking the car i usually pull up the handbrake and rotate the car to a 60deg angle,while the car is still in motion.Luv that.But gotcha stop it.
[img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
wat is this 60 deg angle thing??

Most Viewed