Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2004, 13:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 11 2004,01:38)]No offence, but some of you guys could really do with therapy for road rage!!

For me, theres only one solution to Bombay traffic indiscipline : The Jeep.

GTO
i agree!!!!
Old 16th February 2006, 13:28   #32
BHPian

Confessions of a Team Bhpian

Hi All,

I have started this thread for all the Bhpians who would like to confess on what they do wrong on road while driving their four wheelers or riding their bikes, be it breaking the rules, road rage, not being courteous to pedestrains and other smaller than thou vehicles on the road.

Well here is mine
1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times

Well thats about it, lets see you BHPians come out with your confessions hope to see some interesting ones.

I am sorry, i DO NOT intend to offend anyone with the above confessions and would like you all to keep your suggestions on any confessions made in the thread to yourselfs only. Thanks

Moderators delete the thread if you feel this dont make no sense here in the forum,
Old 16th February 2006, 13:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling - GRANTED

2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified - GRANTED

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass-GRANTED

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors-GRANTED

5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks-NO WAY PAL

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times- YOU SHUD BE HANGED

7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side-GRANTED

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck-NOT DONE BUT GRANTED

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times-NOT DONE BUT I DO IT AT TIMES

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th February 2006 at 13:37.
Old 16th February 2006, 13:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling -- Me too

2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified -- I'd like to buy an old truck and run them over

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass -- Me too

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors -- No beggars. But if I want what the vendor has, I buy it

5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks-- Not for kicks. Not unless it's an emergency.

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times -- NEVER

7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side -- Planning to put 200 watt lamps for these idiots

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck -- Never

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times -- Almost never
Old 16th February 2006, 13:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Very brave of you, Anarchist. Appreciated. Here is mine:
1. Overtake from left when there is no choice left for me.
2. Sometimes i drive on the extreme left of the road just so that no two wheeler can overtake me from left (yeah yeah hypocrite is the word u r looking for). Of course they are free to overtake me from the right side.
3. I change lanes. Of course they are imaginary lanes but still...
4. I do overspeed within the city, whenever i get a chance.
5. I am overspeeding on the highways all the time (assuming the limit is anywhere between 60 to 80 kmph ).
6. On twisty roads i forget there are others in the car too.

Cheers
Amitoj

Last edited by amitoj : 16th February 2006 at 13:48.
Old 16th February 2006, 15:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side -- Planning to put 200 watt lamps for these idiots
How about stealing the floodlights from a cricket stadium and using it on them??
Old 16th February 2006, 15:38   #37
Team-BHP Support

I curse the hell out of every taxi driver I see!
Old 16th February 2006, 15:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
How about stealing the floodlights from a cricket stadium and using it on them??
Nah.. found a nice little thing.. Very flexible and to be used when required... Check the spyder series

http://www.wickedlasers.com/index.php
Old 16th February 2006, 15:55   #39
BANNED

[1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified Thats ME!
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass...Then curse the HELL outa them
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors..YUP
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks..ALL THE TIME! Specially when Im riding my bike
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times..Nope.. I wear it all the time.. its not fashon.. its SAFETY
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side..Is there such a thing as HIGH BEAMS in a car
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck..Only nice to good looking women crossing the road looking totally PERPLEXED!!

Dude.. I think this thread ROCKS!!

Last edited by Rtech : 17th February 2006 at 10:24.
Old 16th February 2006, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

i just cannot control myself on ghat roads ..u will find me downshifting and revving more where others will be using their brakes .....i have tried hard to control myself but just cannot :(

tend to use high beam at nights
Old 16th February 2006, 16:00   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Here are mine :
1. Overtake from the left , provided its clear and safe ..
2. Get to naughty works when we are out late in the nights , provided we have competitive cars and the roads are EMPTY..
3. Yell at others who drive like mad if im riding shotgun (a few members got really irritated by this ) ..

I guess thats about it ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th February 2006 at 16:03.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread!!
My driving is mostly near my house but...
In car:
Crazy wheelspins,never at junctions but when people block me off.
Drive onto ppl with high beams till the stop or dim their lights.
Screech the tires on turns if the road is dead empty.;well tats bout it in the car.......
On the bike(kinetic)
Crazy turns scraping the sides of the bike.....again provided the road is empty.
Overtaking on the left is done often only if there is no left turn comin up.
Overtaking people on 1 wheel just for kicks!!!
Tats it

binz
i know its very crazy stuff but...........
Old 16th February 2006, 16:49   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
My driving is mostly near my house but...
i know its very crazy stuff but...........
One confession from you would have been enough - I indulge in underage / illegal driving!
Old 16th February 2006, 16:54   #44
Team-BHP Support

Hmm me very guilty.
1. Try to mow down smaller vehicles who jump red lights and cross my path
2. Honk like crazy at fools going at 40kmph in rightmost lanes of highways
3. Smoke treatment for red light honker
4. Driving towards people who are coming with high beams, or putting on high beam myself for such people
5. Overspeeding, but make sure its empty road!
6. Overtaking from left. Cant help this. even on expressways there will be people going at 40kmph at rightmost lane, when the speed limit is 90kmph

Overall I need to cool down and not loose temper. Earlier I used to shout and abuse people on road, but have stopped that, now I just get angry, dont do anything.
Old 16th February 2006, 17:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
now I just get angry, dont do anything.
try laughing at them in a mocking way! It will piss them off no end and you will feel a lot better. Thats wot i try to do now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks