Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2006, 10:01   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

My confession : I cannot control myself from going into Accelera mode(refer to my avatar for info :P) when I am on Marine Drive or Worli Sea Face/Link in the wee hours of the night.
Old 17th February 2006, 12:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side - Never do that, even for passing. But it is pissing off when you get blinded. Thats when my road rage and my highly developed colourful vocabulary comes into play

Which one - the Delhi one or the Hyderabadi Kirkiri ????
Old 17th February 2006, 21:46   #63
BHPian

Me too,pal

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times

Me too, pal, at times. But not wearing seat belt --strictly no no, particularly after the day when I had to pay hefty fine and lost one day's leave for getting my license back
Old 17th February 2006, 22:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

i over take from the left only when i cant from the right and the guy ahead of me is litllery crawling.
yell at cabbies who double park and sometimes even triple park and cause a huge taffic jam behind.
overspeed often.what do you expect with speedlimits like 30 and 40 kmph.
ALWAYS WEAR MY SEATbelt and make sure the others specailly the one in front is too.flash high beam on those morons who think driving with high beam is perfectly fine.

rev
Old 17th February 2006, 22:53   #65
BHPian

1) Overtake from the left. Is there anybody who doesn't do that?
2) Curse ALOT!!! I hate it when people ahead of me are just doing everything wrong when I am doing everything right LOL
3) Break the speed-limit. Each and everytime I drive I go to 80 so I really don't know what to do. But in my defense, I only do so in places/roads I am familiar with, like Worli/Marine Drive.
4) One thing that is the worst is that I'm a very start/stop driver. I tend to go to high speeds quick and then brake. I don't know how many people will explain this but its a very bad driving skill and am learning to control it.
5) WAS an underage driver. Now am legally allowed to drive.
6) Bribe the cops all the time. Till date I have only ever given up my license once that too when it wasn't my fault so thought might as well pay up and not let the cop earn money.
Old 18th February 2006, 01:12   #66
BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling...me too
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified ...Wish i could get down and kick them
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass...me too
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors...me too
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks...is there a speedlimit in hyderabad
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times...NEVER
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side...me too
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck... me too
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times... NEVER RECKLESS

Other than these i dont give way if someone is tryin to push me off and get in front of me.AND if they do succedd in getting in front of me i do something and go in front of them just to prove even i can drive like an as*hole
Old 18th February 2006, 01:53   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks-NO WAY PAL
NC, your telling me that you never overspeed in the city? you dont ever break the speed limit, for example never gone above 50km/hr on worli seaface!! Come on give the guy a break...everyone speeds almost double of the limit in the city!
Old 18th February 2006, 02:09   #68
Max
BHPian

do sex with my girl friend on highway (j/k)
Old 18th February 2006, 02:26   #69
BHPian

well heres my list
1.overtake from all the sides possible(pls make way maniac on the loose)
2.overspeed alot
3.drive without a license
4.always wear my seatbelt
5.help paandu increase his waist line with chai paani
6.challenge any1 at the redlight for a drag like race if they rev their engine too hard
7.yell at crazy drivers and ask them if they have a licese (as this maniac driver does not have 1)
8.terrorize the ppl in my car and backseat by driving like a crazy imbersel!haha
9.when BEST bus guys honk like crazy i purposely stop in their way making them more mad!
10.cut rickshaws as if im one of them its fun to do that in a small car like zen and 800!!
11.scream llike crazy at ppl in the fast lane going at 40kmph
12.ensure evry one is wearing their seat belts.
13.flash like crazy at stupid oncoming traffic who try to make their own lanes!and also drive with high beam!
dats all for the car
the bike
1.red line in evry gear
2.pop wheelies in closed areas
3.try burnouts
4.challenge stupid pulsar guys when im on a izzma!!
dats about it!!also i never forget my helmet
for me safety is 1st priority!

Last edited by hot_rod : 18th February 2006 at 02:34.
Old 18th February 2006, 13:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
NC, your telling me that you never overspeed in the city? you dont ever break the speed limit, for example never gone above 50km/hr on worli seaface!! Come on give the guy a break...everyone speeds almost double of the limit in the city!
Sahil - u can ask anyone who attends the meets how i drive ! im usually the last to arrive anywhere ! ask Rtech - he always ribs me abt this.
Old 18th February 2006, 13:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Sahil - u can ask anyone who attends the meets how i drive ! im usually the last to arrive anywhere ! ask Rtech - he always ribs me abt this.
Sahil, NC is speaking the truth. He actually drives very casually and slowly these days. Believe me, I have seen it.
Old 18th February 2006, 16:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

pretty much all of the above, at various points of time!
Truly, am kinda sane inside of a car because there's only so much Bangalore traffic can let one do. On the bike, behind a smoke spewing truck, I have this manic urge to get past to better air so bad I have ridden extremely irresponsibly to achieve that. Shall try and be more careful now that this thread has made one conscious of it.

On the highways I feel much better, safer and pretty much drive/ride well most of the time.
Old 19th February 2006, 01:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

heres my list -

the following is subject to my Rash mood:

-do whatever it takes to overtake (even go into the oncoming lane)
-straight line turns (at nights when roads are empty)
-Wheelspin upto 2nd while launching from stop lights
-do doughnuts
-race myself trying to beat my previous time to a destination
-cut lanes
-use handbrake to slide into narrow lanes (not exactly drift)
-Drink and drive
-do inner city sprints with friends

the probability of the above is 3 out of 10

I have been wearing seatbelts ever since cars started coming with fitted with them.
I dont drive when i am High.
I dont play loud music.
I dont honk endlessly.

Last edited by turbo_lover : 19th February 2006 at 01:04.
Old 19th February 2006, 01:14   #74
BHPian

Well here are mine
1. I overtake from the left
3. Honk at times when the driver at front doesnt give me way
5. I do overspeed withint the city cos it feels good and looks cool :-)
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times simply cos humans have a bad memory
7. Turn on my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side - just to show them how it feels from my side
8. Break a few signals at times...cos the roads are empty so no point in waiting
9. Change lanes without giving indicator... only sometimes though
Old 19th February 2006, 03:21   #75
BHPian

Overtake from left when there is no choice left for me
n usualyi do wheliee wen the signal go grean

Most Viewed