Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 02:12   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Spotted this guy's relative today on the way to work. Surprised to see him/her cross the road smartly.
I regularly see dogs showing more road sense than people.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 17:03   #707
Senior - BHPian

This happened a couple of years ago; I don’t remember if I posted it here.

On my way to work (where else!), I slowed down to stop at a signal on Nagar road when an Innova screeched to a stop beside me. It had unusually darkened windows and the front passenger was a burly guy in a grey safari suit. Within seconds, a biker squeezed in between me and the Innova and started gesturing to the front passenger while trying to find a way ahead.
The front passenger stepped out of the Innova holding an automatic gun (or whatever they call it) and moved towards the biker. He stood next to the biker and patiently asked him what his problem was. Whatever the problem was, it evaporated while he was looking at the gun.

The burly guard stepped back into the Innova and they sped off again. I could notice a few stars on the number plate; possibly a car from some embassy. Meanwhile, the biker could barely get his bike to sputter enough to bring it to the shoulder.
I heard somewhere diplomats are allowed to protect themselves and have diplomatic immunity in case of self defence. Call me chicken, but I have since then consciously stayed away from these ‘star cars’

Last edited by selfdrive : 21st December 2017 at 17:04.
selfdrive is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 17:54   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
...... these ‘star cars’
The embassy cars have a different numbering system, with a light blue plate having CD on them. Star cars can be of either Police/ Paramilitary or even Armed Forces.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-vehicles.html

Mods- Like requested earlier, please change the emoticon of Off-Topic post. This one frowns a lot!

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st December 2017 at 17:56.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 10:29   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The embassy cars have a different numbering system, with a light blue plate having CD on them. Star cars can be of either Police/ Paramilitary or even Armed Forces.

Like requested earlier, please change the emoticon of Off-Topic post. This one frowns a lot!
yeah, this Innova had a light blue number plate with 3 stars on it. I have seen another car with same colour number plate with 1 star on it. Maybe they get the stars based on the officer ranking. Or perhaps they must be submitting their homework assignments well
It was not an Army car; normally those have an upward pointing arrow on the number plate.

The offtopic emoticon looks angry

Last edited by selfdrive : 22nd December 2017 at 10:30.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:43   #710
Team-BHP Support

Was in my friend's W220 S-Class the other day and he drove through the ETC tag lane at the sea-link toll booth.

I looked all over his windshield, but could not find the sticker/tag...

He told me that he had to apply it on the inside of the sun-roof as earlier he was having trouble with the tag not getting read - since the windshield glass on the W220 was too thick
Rehaan is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:43   #711
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
yeah, this Innova had a light blue number plate with 3 stars on it. I have seen another car with same colour number plate with 1 star on it. Maybe they get the stars based on the officer ranking. Or perhaps they must be submitting their homework assignments well
It was not an Army car; normally those have an upward pointing arrow on the number plate.

The offtopic emoticon looks angry
Could be an Air Force officer's official vehicle. They generally have light blue number plates with stars showing the rank of the officer. You have mentioned the location as Nagar road, that is near to the air force base.

The stars are shown when the officer is in the vehicle, otherwise are covered. Again armed force's vehicles are allowed to have dark tint on their glasses. This is my general knowledge, I might be wrong.

3 stars means that vehicle most probably belongs to an officer of Air Marshal rank, no wonder he has his own personal security.
PetrolRider is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 18:44   #712
Team-BHP Support

This. Fellow has a LPG tank in the boot.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_2969.jpg
libranof1987 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 19:47   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This. Fellow has a LPG tank in the boot
There used to be after-market LPG kits which had the option of a 40L LPG tank fitted in the boot, while a smaller capacity tank the size of the spare wheel could be concealed.

Didn't get the joke here
Old 26th December 2017, 19:48   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

Didn't get the joke here
The fuel lid is taped shut. The owner has ensured nobody fills petrol in the car accidentally.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 13:54   #715
Senior - BHPian

When I was touring at Murudeshwar Beach, Karnataka, I saw the fishing net being brought in by the local fishermen. It is always an experience seeing these fish.
But this time, I noticed a lot of baby fish left to die out, since nobody wanted them. This started a little mission to save the baby fish. I could help only a handful, but luckily it was captured by my GoPro.

This was a heartwarming experience, so posting it on this thread.

ani_meher is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 22:52   #716

Had a heart warming experience last Sunday courtsey “I DRIVE SAFE” Sticker.

I reside in Bhilai and drive to Bhopal quite frequently. While crossing Maharashtra I have had many encounters with Maharashtra cops who generally stop all out state vehicles for a routine check. I had an image of Maharashtra cops being one of the worst of the country. But this time something refreshing happened.

On the outer ring road of Nagpur a cop signaled me to stop and park on the left side of the road. I stopped and grabbed all essential docs (Insu,puc,DL,reg) from my glove box. In the side view mirror I could see the cop approaching. Suddenly he stopped just behind my car and had a long look at the rear of my car. I rolled my window down and then this was the conversation that happened:

COP: "Aap jaiye brother… Peeche 'I drive safe' likha hai to sab safe hi hoga." [You can go brother, if 'I drive safe' is written at the back, then everything must be safe.]

ME: "Bilkul sir sab safe hai… Thank you very much." [Absolutely sir, everything is safe... Thank you very much.]

I simply drove off. My mother accompanying me in the passenger seat, who has been a witness of my previous encounters with Maharashtra cops said ”Aaj to kamal ho gaya!” [Today something amazing has happened!]

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2018 at 15:06. Reason: Adding translation for those who don't speak hindi :)
anupam084 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 15:51   #717
BHPian

Both mine and wife's offices are next to each other and within walking distance - less than 3 kilometres- from our Home.

So if we manage to get ready for work early we usually walk to office. The footpaths on the full route is well paved with a good tree cover and with traffic lights & Zebra crossings on major junctions and so walking is a pleasure unless it rains.

But a couple of months back while walking back in the evening we started to regularly encounter a car which was parked on the footpath forcing us to walk on the road directly in the path of vehicles speeding down a slope.

I looked up the owners details on the Kerala MVD site.

After getting the owners name I looked it up on Facebook.

To my surprise he was a Doctor and a professor at a Medical College. From the various posts and comments on his FB page he seemed to be a nice person respected by his peers and students alike.

I decided to drop him a message on Facebook and that was done on 26th November 2017.

But today I got a reply from him and reading it my respect for this person whom I have never met in person went up a thousand times.

I have masked his details to protect his identity.
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img20180108wa0131.jpg  

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img20180108wa0132.jpg  

Ramon is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 18:21   #718
BHPian

Crow - Traffic Signal, well that's applicable for me too

This crow was sitting on the roof carrier when the signal was red. The moment signal turned green and the van started moving, it flew away!
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-crow-waiting-signal.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 15:12   #719
Team-BHP Support

Saw these last week...

Makeshift seat-belts for pillion rider:
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-20171229_183510.jpg

Didn't realise bikes came with an extra set of foot-pegs for the sub-pillion
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-20171230_182747.jpg
Rehaan is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 04:58   #720
Senior - BHPian

While most posts on this thread are 'feel good', I thought this news item belongs here too.

Conductor leaves dead passenger on the road

Whatever the law or the guidelines of the organization, are we so bereft of human values that we stoop to this?
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks