Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 7th November 2018, 21:08   #811
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Was in the CBD area of Bangalore today and while crossing the road by foot, saw a police vehicle approaching in our direction, just held back to let it pass. Surprisingly, the vehicle stopped about 30 feet away and the driver started shouting at someone on the kerb and then picked up the megaphone to shout in Kannada that crackers are not allowed to be burst at that time and warned him of serious consequences.

Only then I turned towards the kerb side to see a guy from one of the big stores there rolling out what looked like a 10000 wala and he'd rolled out a good 15-20 feet of it already.

In just seconds, few more guys rushed out of the store and they packed up the whole thing and ran inside the store.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2018, 09:15   #812
BHPian

Spotted this overloaded Verna on NH48.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-screenshot_20181107164318_whatsapp.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2018, 09:52   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Spotted this overloaded Verna on NH48.

Attachment 1816499
That's very unusual way of carrying luggage.

No one should be driving behind such a car, a flying luggage can hit your windshield any moment.
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2018, 10:45   #814
Senior - BHPian

This was an incident back in my childhood, over 25 years ago, when my age was about 8+. My grandparents were in town (Baroda) visiting us. On a sunny, hot weekend, we decided to make a visit to the Amul dairy at Anand; a ~2 hour leisurely drive, an old but faithful Premier Padmini being our drive.

So a family of 6 - 2 grandparents, 2 parents, my ~3 year old brother and I were jampacked in our car and we headed out towards Anand. About an hour and half later, somewhere on the outskirts of the city, we were a bit lost and were looking for directions to the dairy. It was a hot afternoon, no ac in the car, and we were literally hoping for a quick exit to the dairy.

We asked a local guy standing on the side of the road for directions. Pat came the reply in Gujarati
"I'm heading that way only. Give me a lift and I'll give you directions"

With an incredulous are-you-serious look, my dad looks back at the sweaty, jampacked family in the car; with absolutely no space for even a kid; and tells him we would have happily given him a lift, but there is absolutely no space in the car.

The man then steps back and looks the other direction; ignoring us completely!!!

And we head on. Thankfully, the next guy on the road is able to help us with directions and we reach our destination. And that was my first learning to the mantra of you-scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote