Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2019, 15:30   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Either this guy has loads of money stashed away in different safe vaults or else he doesn't trust anyone on his family!

Spotted this today morning, he must have had at-least 25-30 keys in there.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20190223_152346.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 19:54   #872
BHPian

This was during my recent trip to an east European city. Since it was not well connected by flight, the easiest way to reach there was to land at a major European airport in a different country and catch a taxi. I tried using uber and promptly got one. From the looks of it, the driver was an Arab person who spoke the local European language as well, but no English. He was making several phone calls and missed taking the highway exit to the destination. Then he started circling the city centre. With no way to communicate, I started looking up police emergency numbers on my phone. I was about to call police when the driver suddenly stopped the car and ran out. I was stunned. I was about to get out and run myself when I saw the driver collecting something from another person and running back. He held up a passport and said "different country, need passport, sorry".
MinivanDriver is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 23:32   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Me and a friend, both of us on my motorcycle, spotted a smoking Chevy Tavera at a traffic stop yesterday evening. Cops had held the busy Friday evening commuters headed from Perumbakkam to Medavakkam in Chennai at a junction. There we were, next to this Tavera which was smoking on behalf of all of us. That car alone was bad enough to cause the NGT to ban all cars, period. That Tavera alone had enough Carbon to give back to the world, that unemployed coal miners in Pennsylvania could nurse hopes again!

Pretty soon, a Ford Figo stopped behind it and so did a scooter with ultra-bright headlights on its lowset mudguard. The scooter's white headlight illuminated the area around the Figo's engine bay and people began telling the Figo's occupants to get out. They all thought, in the white light illuminating the smoke near the Figo's engine, that the car was burning up. Out came mobile phones to film a potential inferno.

A bus driver a few car-lengths back began honking to warn the Figo's occupants. People in bikes closer to the bus and unaware of the burning car faux pas started verbally fighting the bus driver to shut up. Meanwhile, people ahead of us felt pressured to move ahead since there was a maniac bus driver about to mow them down...why else would he honk so loudly at stopped traffic, right? So the vehicles at the front of the mass of stopped traffic began honking too. The cops on duty were bewildered. They felt that a mutiny was taking shape right there. Their authority was melting away, a honk at a time! The Sargeant on duty across the junction hollered for the Constable to immediately report to him. Across he ran, looking askance at the honkers.

Meanwhile, the Figo's occupants were relieved to find that it was the Tavera that had been copiously smoking all along and they clambered back in. I looked back and found that an overzealous biker and the bus driver were engaged in fisticuffs inside of the bus. The biker's helmet was colliding with the roof of the bus but he was hellbent on teaching the bus driver a thing or two about not honking. I could still make out that the bus driver was trying to explain with hand gestures what his honking had been all about...

The harried cops shortly beckoned for us to move on. The Tavera's driver drove away as if nothing had ever happened on account of his villainous vehicle.

The bus still remained standing and blocking traffic in my rearview mirror. Oh boy!

Last edited by locusjag : 23rd February 2019 at 23:39.
locusjag is online now   (51) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 11:29   #874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Me and a friend, both of us on my motorcycle, spotted a smoking Chevy Tavera at a traffic stop yesterday evening.
Lol... this is really hilarious! Absolute Readers' Digest material.
Zappo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 22:21   #875
BHPian

Saw this on the below link about what happened to a car in USA, that was parked in front of a Fire Hydrant!

Felt very bad for the Car Owner, as I myself have parked our cars many times like this, without realising it's importance! Although I knew the necessity of Fire Hydrant, it has never struck me until I saw these photos.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/fire-department-shares-photos-of-what-can-happen-if-you/article_50931f8b-719e-5aae-9433-75e71ff2583b.html

Quote:
A California fire department is reminding drivers that parking in front of a hydrant is never a good idea.

Anaheim Fire and Rescue posted photos to Twitter on Tuesday showing a car with broken back windows and a fire hose snaking through it to the scene of an apartment fire.

"Ever wonder what happens when a car is parked in front of a fire hydrant and a fire breaks out?" the department tweeted. "Is a closer parking spot worth the broken windows and the citation and towing fees to @AnaheimPD?"

Ever wonder what happens when a car is parked in front of a fire hydrant and a fire breaks out? Is a closer parking spot worth the broken windows and the citation and towing fees to @AnaheimPD? @City_of_Anaheim residents please do not park in fire lanes

The department said the vehicle was parked too close to the hydrant and firefighters had to break the windows to access it.

One social media user asked why the firefighters did not run the hose over or under the car. The department responded: "It doesn’t fit underneath and the damage caused by throwing it on top is likely more than the cost of two windows."

The vehicle was also impounded and ticketed.
Hope this will be new lesson for people like me.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-d0wf8twu8aaaish.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-d0wf8twuuair_9v.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-d0wf8txvsaej1nl.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-d0wf8tyv4aa427.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 28th February 2019 at 21:03. Reason: Post fixed. Pictures inserted in-line.
batman is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 21:08   #876
BHPian

On my recent trip to Hyderabad, have seen this signal on Raidurgam - Lanco hills road junction.

The signal shows Red, Green light for going straight and Green light for going to right !! The same is the case for other signals also at this junction

(Hope the attachment is clear. Sorry for the clarity - taken from iphone 8)

Name:  Screen Shot 20190313 at 9.00.04 PM.png
Views: 3151
Size:  416.6 KB

Note: Moderators, please let me know if this is not the appropriate thread to post this
bvasista is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 21:35   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Saw this on the below link about what happened to a car in USA, that was parked in front of a Fire Hydrant!

Hope this will be new lesson for people like me.
Haha! Very good one. Truth be told, I have parked once in front of a fire-hydrant in Philadelphia. It was early days in the city. I had one those Infinity cars at the time. When I returned towards the evening to go home, I see two cops chatting nearby and a $300 ticket on my windshield!

I was aghast! Spoke to the cops. One of them was nice enough to suggest a way out - challenge the ticket. Go to the court. Many times the cops don't turn up! If that happens, the fine stands cancelled.

Didn't bother with challenging the ticket. Paid it in full. Learned my lesson and never made that mistake again!
Miyata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 20:59   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Hats off to his stamina

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-20190314_205815.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 21:58   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Hats off to his stamina
Judging by the orientation of the box, odds are his bike's registration number has "69" somewhere in it!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 19:29   #880
Senior - BHPian

Watch: Hundreds dancing for Kerala festival make way in seconds to let an ambulance pass

Quote:
In the now viral video, the beats are loud and the disco lights flash in regular intervals on the hundreds of festival-goers who are seen jumping up and down to a Bollywood medley. A mobile disco vehicle which blares the music and the lights are also seen moving ahead of the crowd. However, in a matter of seconds, the sea of hundreds seamlessly parts, making way for an ambulance to pass through the road. The one minute video which has been shared numerous times on social media was shot on Friday, during the Mannarkkad Pooram, one of the oldest temple festivals in Kerala which is held in Palakkad every year.
Source :TheNewsMinute

Last edited by ecenandu : 24th March 2019 at 19:30.
ecenandu is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 19:34   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Watch: Hundreds dancing for Kerala festival make way in seconds to let an ambulance pass
I am glad that we have some really good examples from many places across the country.

Similar one from Pune last year:

paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 09:04   #882
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am glad that we have some really good examples from many places across the country.

Similar one from Pune last year:
Almost like Moses parting the sea, and water filling up after he crossed...

Last edited by benbsb29 : 25th March 2019 at 09:36. Reason: Removed video embed from quoted post.
JLS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 14:28   #883
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What an idiot. If you cannot afford a rear windscreen, you probably shouldn't be driving a Verna in the first place. And no, there are no availability issues with Verna windscreens:
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-annotation-20190326-142455.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 14:56   #884
Team-BHP Support

However, this saves weight since glass is heavy. This mod would have increased both fuel economy and acceleration
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 18:12   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe it was a heavy burst of acceleration that pulled the glass out and left it behind?

That must have been quite some pedal-to-the-metal
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks