Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 20:16   #1216
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Story of the missing Advance Warning Triangle
I recently bought a Tata Harrier and during PDI at the dealer's yard, I saw that the tools and Jack were there in the boot cavity under the wooden board, but it never struck me that the warning triangle wasn't there. During the delivery of the car, the dealership staff showed me that all tools were in the boot and even signed the acknowledgement to confirm it.
Couple days later, I was looking up videos that explained various Tata genuine accessories and saw that some of them showed a blue pouch as part of the tools. The same day I was reading the owners manual and the warning triangle was mentioned as one of the items from the factory that were to be part of the vehicle at the time of delivery. I messaged the sales manager and he said it will be taken care of when I visit soon for the accessories like side step, mud flaps and scuff plates.

Couple days ago when I called the accessories manager, they mentioned that it will take another week for them to receive the items (this is a relatively new Tata dealership), but I still decided to visit that day (on scooter though) since I wanted to get the extended warranty. I reminded the Sales manager about the missing Advance Warning Triangle and he said it will be taken care of next week when I visit for accessories.

After purchasing the Extended warranty, while strolling around the dealership, I saw a new Harrier, so just opened the boot and moved the floor board and didn't see the blue pouch or the warning triangle. On a whim, I slid out the entire board and saw that the blue pouch was indeed there placed in the gap between the rear seat and the boot. On opening it I found that it was the warning triangle!

Got back home and immediately checked my car and lo and behold, the warning triangle was there in the same place! This was almost 3 weeks after I took delivery of the car and during that time, the car was also at the detailer's facility for 3-4 days for PPF work and no one had seen it or told me about it!

I immediately messaged the sales manager profusely apologising for mentioning that the warning triangle was missing. He reassuringly said it's fine and not to worry. All's well that ends well!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st July 2023 at 22:26. Reason: A word.
NPV is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:40   #1217
Senior - BHPian

This morning, when I stopped at a battery shop to replace the battery on my motorcycle.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_3598.jpeg
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_3599.jpeg
tharian is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 14:32   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian

I took a detour through a not-too-wide road that people regularly take to avoid a signal. This involves taking a right turn into another such road, and just as I was about to enter it, saw a scooter coming at little more than optimal speed for that point. The rider saw me, managed to slow down, and passed me without any problems. As he passed me, I saw the helmet - it was a cop, but in plain-clothes. Unlike what one could have expected in such a situation, he waved 2-3 times like one would say sorry. That, and he having passed by safely was a nice thing.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 19:16   #1219
BHPian

Watch the men in the truck (right side).
After a long night's work, they can catch up on the sleep only in this way.

Some people work really really hard.

One more time to count our blessings.
Capri89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 23:17   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

Another funny and unusual happening on a highway near Malshej Ghat, where this truck with a melodious musical horn enamoured youngsters. They signalled the driver who stopped for a while till a person interfered thinking that traffic is being obstructed. The folks danced and the truck left after entertaining them all.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/190546...&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Last time a truck with the famous Nagin melody halted for bikers who had danced on the highway to Nasik in one of my earlier posts.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th July 2023 at 23:25.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 13:06   #1221
BHPian

This incident is so fresh in my mind which happened half a century back (Yes. You heard it right 50 years back). I never had an automobile accident after that and hence this incident is still fresh in my mind and not erased with newer accidents.

It was on January 26, Indian Republic Day. All the Indian families decided to meet together in Nigeria in the early 1970s. We started in our brand new car Plymouth Avenger on a long 500 km drive. As both my elder sisters are Bharatanatyam dancers, a dance show was scheduled in front of Indian audience. We were 6 people in the car with my father driving. He was overtaking a huge Benz trailer with 20 wheels. We just followed another car in overtaking the trailer. There was a mis calculation and we could not avoid a car coming in the opposite direction and hence moved away to the side of the road and overturned into huge elephant grass on the road side. The elephant grass was so huge that it worked as a cushion and we all walked out of the windshield with out any injuries. There was a huge traffic jam for more than 1 km as all the passer-by cars were curious that the accident car has 6 Foreigners inside. Everybody wants to give us a lift to the nearest police station. We sold the Plymouth car and bought Morris Marina. The hospitality shown by all was so heartwarming that I can never forget those moments.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_1140.jpeg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_1134.jpeg

Last edited by graaja : 26th July 2023 at 13:10. Reason: Inserting images
Mystic is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 15:11   #1222
BHPian

Who needs a dedicated goods carrier when you have a Range Rover?

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-photo_20230826_151041.jpg
satchit_bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:17   #1223
BHPian

Who needs a bull bar when you can have one in the car?

AltoLXI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 22:51   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Adrenaline on the streets for all bystanders. Seeing the fun and frolic another girl joins.

Old 7th September 2023, 11:48   #1225
Distinguished - BHPian

A farmer in Samastipur district, Bihar, carried green fodder on his BMW car for feeding cattle. A video has gone viral on the social media (Instagram) where the farmer, Anshu Kumar, has put the green fodder on the rooftop of the luxury car and takes it home.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-farmercarriesfodderonbmwdelhi.jpg
(Image courtesy yespunjab.com)
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 10:42   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A farmer in Samastipur district, Bihar, carried green fodder on his BMW car for feeding cattle.
A man getting a luxury car and then using it as one of his toys without getting trapped by perceptions - heartwarming, for sure.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 17:14   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Adrenaline on the streets for all bystanders. Seeing the fun and frolic another girl joins.
My cynical mind says it's scripted. But if truly spontaneous, good for them
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 15:02   #1228
BHPian

Not funny or heartwarming, but definitely unusual.

Today morning on the way to work near BEML gate signal (Bangalore), I had a Innova Crysta (PETROL) to my right which was immediately followed by the diminutive Tiago (DIESEL).

Both vehicles had (understandably) fuel type stickers on big font on their fuel lids .

The last time I was this bemused in the past was when I had read about the scathing reviews of Celerio diesel variant at TBHP. That very same day I saw a Celerio diesel near my home with T-bhp stickers on them. That was the only time I think I ever saw a Celerio diesel.

Last edited by srvm : 14th September 2023 at 15:05.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:01   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
That was the only time I think I ever saw a Celerio diesel.
On a related note, I have spotted Celerio diesels on the highway on a few occasions. Each one of them was driven fast and very aggressively. Call it coincidence but all the petrol Celerios that I have seen on the highways till date, were driven very sedately.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 17:19   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On a related note, I have spotted Celerio diesels on the highway on a few occasions. Each one of them was driven fast and very aggressively. Call it coincidence but all the petrol Celerios that I have seen on the highways till date, were driven very sedately.
I didn't know that Celerio came in a diesel avatar. Well, to your rare diesel Celerio sighting, I raise an MLA badged Celerio! (No idea about fuel type though ). I spotted this brown Celerio sporting a red MLA badge here in Trivandrum last night. Generally, one associates large SUV/MPV or other high end vehicles as a successful politician's steed. I have never seen an MLA/MP on such a humble vehicle.

Last edited by IndieGooner : 14th September 2023 at 17:20. Reason: Typo
IndieGooner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks