Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 09:46   #1066
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

During a recent Sunday morning relaxed breakfast drive, saw a motorcyclist with a weird looking helmet, had not seen one like this on the roads. I wasn't sure if he'd custom built the wedgy portion on top (was hoping it's just rubber/plastic and not metal!). Anyways, searched "funky helmets" this morning and this one came up in the results. The guy I spotted had something similar but the wedgy top was in blue colour. Was very unusual, so posting here.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20210414_093810.jpg
Old 14th April 2021, 10:35   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
During a recent Sunday morning relaxed breakfast drive, saw a motorcyclist with a weird looking helmet, had not seen one like this on the roads. I wasn't sure if he'd custom built the wedgy portion on top (was hoping it's just rubber/plastic and not metal!). Anyways, searched "funky helmets" this morning and this one came up in the results. The guy I spotted had something similar but the wedgy top was in blue colour. Was very unusual, so posting here.

Haha, you are late to the party. What you saw is actually quite old. The more recent (though not the latest again) fad is fake hair/choti as below. Sometimes more than 1. I know because someone living in my apartment complex wears this on their helmet

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-2759122ed0bbb30f15b5046171697bc3.jpg
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 07:12   #1068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Could you add a link to his channel in the video description?
Sure, will do it in a couple of days. Here's the link in the meanwhile:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCyxSQRHUCjv6S6CulVT1VFg

It's also tagged as featured content on my video where we say that we'll share a link.
Old 11th May 2021, 14:37   #1069
BHPian

No idea how does that even happened, Air drop or Crane drop ?

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20210511_120449.jpg

Link

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 11th May 2021 at 14:39.
TorqueIndia is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 17:36   #1070
BHPian

Ford Focus with a car on the roof

A guy in Slovakia had just bought a wrecked Peugeot 206 CC Convertible but he had no way of getting the car home. He strapped the car on to the roof of his older Ford Focus and set out on his journey home.

Motorists on a motorway in Bratslavia were puzzled and called the police. They came and confiscated the drivers driving licence. The Focus was so rusty and otherwise in very bad shape so the confiscated the number plates of the car.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-focusmedbil.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-focusmedbilkranbil.jpg
Indian2003 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 21:50   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Focus with a car on the roof

I mean, how stupid can you get?

Look at the suspension of the Focus, it is completely bottomed out!

Good job they took his license away and the car’s registration too.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 23:25   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

A very interesting experience for me a few weeks ago - a case of zero road rage and all going as per the book. I was riding my Interceptor 650 on Bannerghatta road (Bangalore) when I was coming to a signal-less junction outside IIMB campus. I slowed down (from ~40kmph) to a halt as a few vehicles were crossing; when I felt a strong bump on my rear. Turned around, a rider on a Pulsar braked late and hit (crashed into) my rear luggage rack.

He was quite apologetic, acknowledging his fault immediately. Asked him to park on the side (to check damages on both bikes). Turned out there were absolutely no scratches on my bike; instead the rack had gone through his plastic headlight, breaking it up.

It was then we noticed a cop on the left who had been observing both of us with a grin on his face. In Kannada, he tells me emphatically that he got his just desserts and asks me to move on. Ironically then, he asks him to stop and check for documents (and possibly a fine)
ninjatalli is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 11:13   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Had recorded this guy trying to keep his head dry on JVPD Scheme in Mumbai

SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 23:38   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here

In 1993, I went to Nariman Point, Mumbai, during the morning, peak office hours as I had some work in the Air India building. I had a white Ambassador Mark 4 of my office, which had the registration number MZV 9112. The driver left me at the entrance and said that he will park the car wherever he gets parking space around this bldg. After finishing the work I came out of the entrance and was lost searching for the car. There were numerous (at least 40-50 of them parked all along with Premiers, Marutis and other makes ) white Ambassadors parked all along. There were no mobile phones in those days. It took me at least 30-45 minutes to locate the particular car at a far off spot.

After walking and perspiring in the sultry weather I thought that I would have better hired a taxi rather than taking this white Ambassador for the trip.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th September 2021 at 23:53.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 08:31   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

During a routine wheel rotation/balancing/alignment about a week back, I asked the guys to check if there are any nails stuck in the tyres. Sure enough, we found one.

Lodged into the shoulder, diagonally. The head on the side and the pointed end of the nail towards the road surface. Dont know long it had been there, but wear out of the pointed end of the nail seen in pic may give some indication:

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_4579.jpg

Luckily, it was superficial.
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 11:26   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Attachment 2212965

Luckily, it was superficial.
Your post reminds me of my friend who discovered a slow leak in the tyre of his Baleno. When the tyre guy checked, they found a screw driver shank/head lodged in the tyre. More than half of it was worn out due to friction with the road. To fix the leak, they had to apply 2-3 mushroom patches apparently and final balancing needed 150g worth of weights.

I asked him to replace the tyre instead but he chose to use it for some more time.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:13   #1077
BHPian

An unexpected cargo on a truck on the Pune Bangalore Highway.
adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:01   #1078
Senior - BHPian

A vast majority of the yellow-boards respond in kind when they see that I an considerate in driving, that I do not bully. This includes auto-rickshaws, State-run buses, private buses, goods carriers, trucks. Sometimes they literally go out of their way and graciously make room for me to pass.
I have observed this on highways as well as in cities/towns.

I like to think this is as heart-warming for them as for me.
adisan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:56   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore folks at least would be familiar with the local style of "towing" vehicles - mostly auto's, two-wheelers. Sometimes small cars. It is not actually towing, but a vehicle being pushed by the rider/driver on a vehicle behind it - and this person using his leg to push the vehicle ahead of him

Yesterday evening, similar situation: auto being pushed by an auto on JP nagar ring road, in evening commute traffic. Together they are occupying the middle part of the road.

Suddenly the auto being pushed makes a U to the right, and comes to rest against the divider. The auto driver who was pushing gets irritated and deserts the other guy. Since I was right behind him to his left, I was able to see it quite closely. After dropping the other guy like a hot potato, this auto guy is looking around to see if any one notice him doing that .. I catch his sight. Sheepishly, he turns away and speeds off !

The first auto driver left stranded in the right lane. Lucky for him that no one was on their right, else it would have been a definite (minor) accident).
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 17:37   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

That style of pushing is common here too, with both autos and bikes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks