Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:56   #1711
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post

If you escalate on social media you get a scripted reply and they have bought paid account on social media to flood their pages with good comments to dilute the escalations.

Really shameful for such a promising startup. I must have given a few lakhs of business to them, being treated this way is hurful.

If any one has any contact in Zoomcar, pls share.

Cheers
Sad to hear about your refund issue. If the company is indeed bankrupt, refunds will be difficult.

Somehow I won't miss them though. They falsely charged me for a damage I did not cause, forced me to take a car with a dangling bumper and a broken headlight and in these covid times, the lack of cleaning in their cars can be deadly. There are better rental companies out there.
Old 5th February 2021, 18:55   #1712
Senior - BHPian

All - I need a car for 5 days next week. Given the zoom fiasco, I’m wondering who/where else at Bangalore could I rent one car?

I tried Wow Cars, but unfortunately their policies don’t allow for the paper book liscences that can’t be validated in DigiLocker. I read some good reviews about them and their prices were reasonable too.

Any other options that anyone knows at Bangalore for a self drive rental please ?
Old 5th February 2021, 19:13   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
All - I need a car for 5 days next week. Given the zoom fiasco, I’m wondering who/where else at Bangalore could I rent one car?

I tried Wow Cars, but unfortunately their policies don’t allow for the paper book liscences that can’t be validated in DigiLocker. I read some good reviews about them and their prices were reasonable too.

Any other options that anyone knows at Bangalore for a self drive rental please ?
Try Avis, their cars are in good condition and prices are on par. I have used them and they are much better compared to other players
Ola also has self drive option. Do check it out.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 19:27   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

I have had good experience with Revv, with timely delivery and return-pickup at home, well-maintained, clean vehicle, and security deposit refund within promised time.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 12:16   #1715

Wanted to share a rare positive experience with Zoomcar
I live in Manipal, a student town where Zoomcar is very popular. For the entirety of last year, zoomcar had just vanished. There were no cars available at any point of time.
But ever since June/ July of this year, there seems to have been a turnaround. Their current fleet consists of new cars in decent condition. They have automatic vehicles available readily as well, which was a rarety earlier!

I made a booking for 3 days, and selected a Swift diesel AMT. Though I could figure out the clutch of the car needed repairs, the rest of the car was in decently good nick. When I complained the clutch in the feedback call, they were very apologetic and offered 200 rupees worth of driving credits to me as well!

I made a short booking for a Polo petrol as well a few days later, and that car was in fantastic condition.

Another point of praise I'd like to make were the new, better attitude of the Zoomcar reps. They were extremely helpful and customer friendly.
They personally called up 30 mins before the booking to ask what time I'd be coming and if I had any specific requirements.
This kind of attitude was nowhere to be seen in my last 3 years experience of booking zoomcars from the same location.

All in all, a good experience with Zoomcar. I hope they have improved their ways and are in business for a long time!
I'd rate it 8/10. Deducted 2 points because of the bad clutch of the swift diesel AMT
carcrazykid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 02:49   #1716

ZoomCars Mumbai

Hi

I am visiting Mumbai for a month, in October and was thinking about driving around instead of relying on Ola/Uber. Has anyone used zoomcars in Mumbai and anything i should watch out for? I have been out of the country for nearly a decade and expect to inevitably get some scratches on the car. The ZoomCars 10K excess all inclusive insurance, looks like a good deal
Old 18th September 2021, 13:02   #1717
BHPian

Re: ZoomCars Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDART View Post
Hi

I am visiting Mumbai for a month
I have been out of the country for nearly a decade and expect to inevitably get some scratches on the car.
I'll strongly suggest to avoid self-drive, if its only a month, and if you haven't been driving in Mumbai recently.
Reasons:
1) Roads across Mumbai are dug up for various construction (Metro, Flyover, Monsoons repairs), or as usual, just poor built quality.
2) Primarily due to Metro construction across Mumbai, many road diversions exist and even Google maps gets it wrong.
3) Traffic has increased significantly, with massive long jams being the norm. Depending upon where you will be based or driving route, it can be "worth the drive" to "lets not get our BP high & waste time" approach.
4) Driving manners have deteriorated significantly. I came back to Mumbai in late 2019 after a decade abroad, and it took me more than a couple of months to get used to driving again. There was a time when I boasted to my cousins in Northern India about driving etiquette in Mumbai vs Delhi/Agra/Jaipur etc. Not anymore. Even wrong side driving has become the norm!
5) Getting parking is difficult, esp if your location + route is a busy one. Safe & marked parking zones are only in limited areas (Malls, BMC zones in biz districts). Almost everywhere else, its a risk.

Please note, I am sure you drive great. And my caution might seem excessive. But the question is, whether its worth the hassle. You are coming for a month, and you should rather focus on meeting friends/family/colleagues and not worry about "how much traffic it would be + parking woes"

Also, Uber/Ola aren't as easy to hop on as before --> they have their issues too and many times i find it easier to use Auto/Taxi for short distances due to unavailability, even in non-peak hours.

A big factor in your decision should be what I mentioned in point 3: Location, Drive Route, timings.

If that is workable, then yea, Zoomcar works fine. I didnt have any issues with them (used them 2-3 times, but not in Mumbai).
MyChoize cars is also a good option (Atleast Mumbai was good).
Haven't used Revv (i think they started short-term rentals too)

And if you can splurge, its just easier & stress-free to get a car + driver on rent for 1 month and enjoy your time in Mumbai

Have a great stay!

Cheers!
VT-RNS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 00:20   #1718

Re: ZoomCars Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
I'll strongly suggest to avoid self-drive, if its only a month, and if you haven't been driving in Mumbai recently.
Reasons:
1) Roads across Mumbai are dug up for various construction (Metro, Flyover, Monsoons repairs), or as usual, just poor built quality.
2) Primarily due to Metro construction across Mumbai, many road diversions exist and even Google maps gets it wrong.
3) Traffic has increased significantly, with massive long jams being the norm. Depending upon where you will be based or driving route, it can be "worth the drive" to "lets not get our BP high & waste time" approach.
4) Driving manners have deteriorated significantly. I came back to Mumbai in late 2019 after a decade abroad, and it took me more than a couple of months to get used to driving again. There was a time when I boasted to my cousins in Northern India about driving etiquette in Mumbai vs Delhi/Agra/Jaipur etc. Not anymore. Even wrong side driving has become the norm!
5) Getting parking is difficult, esp if your location + route is a busy one. Safe & marked parking zones are only in limited areas (Malls, BMC zones in biz districts). Almost everywhere else, its a risk.

Please note, I am sure you drive great. And my caution might seem excessive. But the question is, whether its worth the hassle. You are coming for a month, and you should rather focus on meeting friends/family/colleagues and not worry about "how much traffic it would be + parking woes"

Also, Uber/Ola aren't as easy to hop on as before --> they have their issues too and many times i find it easier to use Auto/Taxi for short distances due to unavailability, even in non-peak hours.

A big factor in your decision should be what I mentioned in point 3: Location, Drive Route, timings.

If that is workable, then yea, Zoomcar works fine. I didnt have any issues with them (used them 2-3 times, but not in Mumbai).
MyChoize cars is also a good option (Atleast Mumbai was good).
Haven't used Revv (i think they started short-term rentals too)

And if you can splurge, its just easier & stress-free to get a car + driver on rent for 1 month and enjoy your time in Mumbai

Have a great stay!

Cheers!
Thanks for your message. I am moving back early next year and was renting a car to get my hands dirty. I definitely plan to use more Uber/Ola but will need a car as I also have a young family
CDART is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 19:24   #1719
BHPian

Shall be flying to Mumbai from Delhi next month (Nov'21) and plan to book a ZoomCar for 4 days. Any idea if ZoomCar is reliable? Although I have used their services multiple times in Delhi/Chennai/Kolkata till May 2019, but have heard a lot of negative reviews last year regarding abrupt cancellation of bookings, not processing of refunds etc.

Has anyone used their services recently ? Should I trust them and make a booking with them in Mumbai ?

More than money part, I'm wary of harassment should they cancel the booking at the last moment or offer a damaged car.

Request esteemed members' valuable suggestions.
Old 17th October 2021, 19:34   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyog26 View Post

More than money part, I'm wary of harassment should they cancel the booking at the last moment or offer a damaged car.

Request esteemed members' valuable suggestions.
I am a regular user of their cars in BLR (~3-4 times a month).

Over the past 6 months, they really seem to have stepped up. I have faced no cancellations or delays.

I mostly get the car home delivered and picked up. The car always reaches before time. Though I must add, they can be late to pick up the cars sometimes.

The car condition has been mostly acceptable. Their cars can be old but they are serviced properly. You'll be able to tell the age but functionally, everything is fine.

There have been some very well maintained and healthy cars too in my experience.

I always opt for the self-paid fuel option so there's no waiting for a fuel refund.

Do take pics before and after the trip as there have been a few misunderstandings with regards to fuel levels. These misunderstandings get resolved over a phone call.

I cannot comment about other cities.

Last edited by ss212 : 17th October 2021 at 19:38.
ss212 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 19:43   #1721
Distinguished - BHPian

Do these guys or anyone else rent out a Kia carnival? I'm looking for one for extended-family trip.
Old 5th November 2021, 10:51   #1722
BHPian

Not taken a vacay in a while. Was planning to go with the Mrs. to Coorg in December. Landing at Mangalore Airport. Earlier plan was to book an Innova each way but checked out Zoom Car and getting some decent cars. Has anyone used their service?
Old 5th November 2021, 13:26   #1723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Not taken a vacay in a while. Was planning to go with the Mrs. to Coorg in December. Landing at Mangalore Airport. Earlier plan was to book an Innova each way but checked out Zoom Car and getting some decent cars. Has anyone used their service?
I've used Zoom on several of my trips to Karnataka. Refer this (Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India) for my Mangalore trip nearly 5 years ago. It was quite pleasant.

Having said that, I have no idea how Zoom has survived the pandemic and the impact this whole situation has had on its operations. By and large my pre-pandemic interactions were positive though not stellar. Would be interesting to know if they have started cutting corners post-pandemic.
Old 18th November 2021, 20:09   #1724
BHPian

Experience with ZOOM CAR Nagpur

Ford EcoSport Red MH49

I had an unexpectedly extended stay at Nagpur and had to get a self-drive due to moody Uber/Ola drivers spoiling my trips around town.

- 2 days before driving on a weekday, booked an Honda Jazz with around 80k on odo for 10 days, paid 13.xk for 720 km.
- Upon reaching at the parking site, saw the car and was very disappointed with the exterior and unkept interiors of the car. It was repainted and seat covers wear torn up.
- Asked the ground staff to check if any other car was available and after selecting a Ford Aspire, the staff started preparing it for exchange.
- 30mins on location, the Ford Aspire became unavailable and had to choose a not-ready Ford Ecosport. The interiors were clean and seats were good so went ahead with the exchange.
- The ground staff was supportive and got the formalities done.
- Started the trip. Had to extend KMs for trip to MP.
- The car's national permit was expired, border check post officer said it will cost 4 times the normal amount, he let me go as I was going to go back to MH the next day, the call center didn't connect on the border, the Nagpur staff didn't pickup the call
- The KM got extended and and the final bill came to 25k

Pros

- No security deposit
-FastTag links with Paytm Wallet
-Apple Carplay/Android Auto
-Excellent music system output when connected with above service
-Comfortable Seats/Ride
-Good Pickup until 80km/h
-Good for 4 people only

Cons

- A constant worry that something will fall apart that was held back by a temp fix and the cost of that repair will fall upon me, even though i didnt cause the damage
-Extra km charged according to Time and KM at 8 Rs/km
-FastTag error with Paytm at a point
-Speed Governor is dangerously capped at 80km/h, making it very risky to drive on highways, especially during overtakes and normal "keeping up with the highspeed traffic at NHs"
-A tyre was punctured before delivery, which I thought a air fill-up would solve but didn't. The staff said it is your problem now.
-One door mirror suddenly stopped working and did not open to its normal position, guessing it was broken in the previous trip and only a temp fix was applied before giving it to next delivery.

Verdict

Zoom Car has recently removed the security deposit before booking so the service is getting more affordable, also resulting in bad drivers getting hold of this service for joy rides, making the cars an unpleasant experience to drive.

3/5,

Will I book next trip with Zoom Car?
30% chances

Tip

- Do a brief PDI using the TEAM-BHP Checklist before taking delivery of the vehicle, especially if you will be travelling to another state nearby
- Activate FastTag if planning to travel as it will take time to activate
- Reach 30 mins before delivery to perform above PDI

- If possible get a car from a friend and pay him instead to avoid abused cars and fees for using yellow plates while crossing state borders
- Have a safe journey and please take care of the rented car as your own
Ashutosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:24   #1725
Senior - BHPian

My folks plan to rent a zoom car to travel from Bangalore to Kochi. They will have a driver to drive them and return the car to Bangalore.

What preparation is required with regard to state taxes? (As the car will go from KA to TN, KL and back). Is it a seamless transaction at state borders?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks