Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th June 2019, 11:51   #1606
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

We had a good experience with Zoomcar recently in Pune. We had booked a Hexa. The car was 60k kms old and was abused - clutch, suspension etc were on their deathbed but thankfully the tyres were new. The wipers and the brakes worked well. The pick-up and drop were smooth and got the security and fuel refund within 48 hours.

Thumbs up !
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 12:22   #1607
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

I had a very weird experience with Zoom Cars.
Booked the Swift for 13 hours. I picked up in the morning from a very cramped parking location. The car was in very decent shape and I unlocked it using the App.

When it came time to return the car, I navigated back to the same place.
There was a scooter parked there.

This street is narrow and there was no parking available anywhere. I stopped in the middle of the road and started taking the pictures as instructed by the App.

A lady from a neighboring house came and complained about the car. She wanted to know why I park it there everyday.

I informed her that it is not my car and is a Zoom Car. That the App asked me to come and park it here.
Told her I am very sorry about this but have no role in this particular situation.

No one came to check on the car. I was hoping maybe the owner of the car will see me and come. Nope.
I tried to reach customer support.

After calling them almost 20-30 times, it finally connected. But then there was no option of talking to a support staff. Left with no choice I selected the option for accident damage.
This did the trick and someone replied.

I took the car into a side street and had to park it in a very bad way. There was already another car on the side and now the street was narrowed down for just bikes to pass thru.

Disgusted and very annoyed with the lack of space, I left the car there.

My sincere apologies to all the residents of that area who might have been inconvenienced by this action of mine.
I had no alternate way and in future if I use zoomcar, I will use the home pickup and drop. The extra charges are less than sheer trauma of parking like that.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 12:35   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I had a very weird experience with Zoom Cars.

Disgusted and very annoyed with the lack of space, I left the car there.

My sincere apologies to all the residents of that area who might have been inconvenienced by this action of mine.
I had no alternate way and in future if I use zoomcar, I will use the home pickup and drop. The extra charges are less than sheer trauma of parking like that.
Hi.

Sorry to see your embarrassment and appreciate your quest for not causing any trouble to others.

Does Zoomcar not allow you to park at some other location (where parking is available)? The next user shall pick up the car from that location.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 12:42   #1609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi.

Sorry to see your embarrassment and appreciate your quest for not causing any trouble to others.

Does Zoomcar not allow you to park at some other location (where parking is available)? The next user shall pick up the car from that location.
There was none. The house was adjacent to a park. In that entire area the roads are barely about three cars wide with hardly any pavement.
Everyone parks on the street.

The customer support guy said I can park upto 50 meters away from the designated spot. But there was no space except this horrible one in the entire block of over 500 meters radius.

Last edited by bblost : 19th August 2019 at 12:48.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 12:30   #1610
BHPian

I have rented cars from Zoomcar several times now. My first booking, however, went out well. The car was quite new and clean.
Every car I got after the first booking was either dirty or had mechanical issues.I have seen all sorts of garbage one can imagine in a car, from banana peel to diapers.
Luckily, they give us a refund for getting the car cleaned provided it does not exceed Rs 500.
Also, sometimes zoomcar assigns a car to us located at a different place, away from the pick up site, mentioning the owner's name and his address. I once booked a Freestyle to be picked up at Rajajinagar, but it assigned a car belonging to someone in a remote location near IOB Colony. I could not find the car even after searching for an hour. I called the customer care, informing them to cancel the booking. The lady on the phone was kind enough to raise the issue and get the refund processed immediately. Kudos to that.
I still use zoomcar because it the nearest to my place and convenient as I rent out cars only for short duration.
I will never use Zoomcar for long trips and do not recommend it!!!
Abhinav V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2019, 10:18   #1611
BHPian

Had a bad experience with MyChoize cars((Pune)) as they disapproved my KYC post booking a car, because of which I lost 3k for the disqualified/cancelled booking.

Went back to the tried and tested method of Zoomcar. Hired a Freestyle in Pune last week. Although, the tyres of the car weren't in great nick, the car did survive the pathetic roads of Tamhini ghat. It was a great pleasure to drive the Ford Freestyle through the ghats around Pratapgarh fort and Panchgani. It cost me close to 7k for about 750kms over a span of 56 hours.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 1st September 2019 at 10:20.
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2019, 14:55   #1612

We booked a 1.5L Diesel Ecosport Zoom car for 6 days for our North East expedition. Luckily, it was only around 2 years old and completed around 67k Kms. Initially it was kind of disappointing to drive since the car was equipped with a speed governor which prevented us from getting past 80. But after we started our journey towards Tawang, we couldn't even get past 50 Kph, so the speed governor wasn't a problem. We had to take the Zoomcar through the toughest roads we have ever driven and it's ground clearance (200mm I believe) wasn't good enough but still managed to survive a few hits at the bottom. We got the car washed from a local workshop before handing it over to Zoomcar. This was my first experience with Zoomcar and everything was smooth, got the caution deposit fully refunded within 2 days.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20190606_101834__01.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20190604_144853.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20190604_145232.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20190605_115008__01.jpg
binoyyj is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote