Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:34   #511

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Try Mr. Nagaraj of ICICI - +91 9176838582
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:55   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Does it take time to get details in your account online?
Also I did not get any sms when I passed through 3 toll gates and nothing has been deducted from my account.
Yes, for some toll gates you get the SMS in few minutes, for some it take hours and for some it takes few days
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:47   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Bangalore - Pune - Vapi - Ahmedabad - Bhuj and back over last week, glad to inform that all NHAI toll booths enroute apart from Hubli-Dharward bye-pass accepted Fastag.

There were few non NHAI toll roads (Eastern & Western expressway in Mumbai, Outer ring road in Ahmedabad) which obviously didn't accept the Fastag.

Few observations -

Most of the toll booths doesn't have dedicated lanes as such. In this case, it is as fast as paying by cash. However, it helped in avoiding dealing with change.

Didn't face any issue with tag detection anywhere.

Most of the booths had RFID sensor mounted on the poll. Few booths including Ahmedabad - Baroda expressway scanned using handheld scanner.

Majority of Fastag users are truckers. Came across only few cars which were using Fastags.

In Mumbai - Pune expressway, all toll booths have RFID reader, however on trying non ETC lane reader was detecting tag as invalid. Operator allowed me to go through without making payment though.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:51   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Does it take time to get details in your account online?
Also I did not get any sms when I passed through 3 toll gates and nothing has been deducted from my account.
It can take couple of days in some toll booths, there were few occasions where it never got deducted as well.
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:59   #515

I received following mail from Volvo customer care team.
Quote"
Dear Mr. Shinoj,

Greetings from Volvo Auto India !

Thank you for the below mail regarding the query for your Volvo S60 .

In order to be of further assistance to you , we forwarded the car details to concerned department for their necessary deliberation.

Presently we wish to apprise that the VIN provided below is installed with Infrared protected windscreen (to prevent IR rays get into the car directly from windscreen).

On cars with IR protected windscreen RFID tags for automatic boom barriers, Road Toll Tags are not detected ,hence the customer has to wave the tag out of car.

We hope that we have been to clarify your query.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to revert us.

Best Regards
Customer Service Department
Volvo Auto India
Gurugram,
India" unquote
Please let me know if anyone using fastag in Volvo S60 and what is the experience with Fastag detection.

Thanks
SHINOJVC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 10:58   #516
BHPian

I want to recharge my FASTAG account and i find two options when i select the recharge link:
1)Pay to CUG wallet
2)Pay to TAG Accounts

Can somebody guide me here on which option i should be selecting to recharge the fats tag account.What is this CUG wallet?
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-aaaa.png  

Old 25th January 2017, 11:13   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Can somebody guide me here on which option i should be selecting to recharge the fats tag account.What is this CUG wallet?
Not quite sure, but I think the CUG Wallet is a the account that you fund from your bank or credit card. From this wallet then you can allocate funds for the different vehicles you have Fastag installed. This is important if you have multiple vehicles linked to a single Fastag account.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 11:16   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
I want to recharge my FASTAG account and i find two options when i select the recharge link:
1)Pay to CUG wallet
2)Pay to TAG Accounts

If you have just one tag, you can choose the 2nd radio button "Pay to TAG Account" which will directly recharge your TAG.

However, if you have multiple vehicles and multiple FASTag accounts for each vehicle, you can recharge once in CUG Wallet and then transfer the money to individual tags as needed.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 11:39   #519
BHPian

I got double tolled (Cash + Fastag) at Paliyekkara Toll plaza, Trissur, during my return journey to Bangalore. It happened on 3rd Jan and on seeing the status update, immediately logged a complaint.
Since for my onward journey to Kochi, the toll attendant told the tag was detected, I had my suspicion and had preserved the receipt. Scanned the same and uploaded along with the complaint.
There has been no resolution yet, but I keep calling them every week to keep the complaint rolling. The way things have been moving, I don't see any quick resolution too.
Old 25th January 2017, 14:20   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
I got double tolled (Cash + Fastag) at Paliyekkara Toll plaza, Trissur, during my return journey to Bangalore. It happened on 3rd Jan and on seeing the status update, immediately logged a complaint.
Since for my onward journey to Kochi, the toll attendant told the tag was detected, I had my suspicion and had preserved the receipt. Scanned the same and uploaded along with the complaint.
There has been no resolution yet, but I keep calling them every week to keep the complaint rolling. The way things have been moving, I don't see any quick resolution too.
I have had the same issue at Thoppur toll plaza. I raised a complaint immediately with ICICI fastag site but did not get a response on it even after 1 + month. Launched a grievance on central govt's pgportal and finally I have a response. They informed me that it will be looked on to and have been provided email ids to speak to.

Further, I have mentioned about non tag users entering fastag lane on tolls. He seemed to have addressed that as well. Here is the response I got.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg

I really hope the situation improves.
glenmz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 07:13   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Just crossed Krishnagiri. There was quiet a bit of traffic at both Attibele & Kgiri but Fasttag saved the day. Security ensures that Fasttag cars are given way to reach the toll booth and that saved a lot of time. So folks with Fasttag, find the lane & stay close to it.
Old 29th January 2017, 14:51   #522
Senior - BHPian

Drove to Chennai this morning. I think about an hour was saved with Fastag - 10 mins per toll booth, let us say. Since this was my first drive had a couple of issues too. At Pallikonda, ended up in a non-Fastag lane and the clerk refused to use the handheld scanner. So I flashed a Rs. 2000 note, and after much cajoling me to cough up change (I said I don't have even Rs. 5 for the Rs. 55 toll) they somehow produced a scanner.

At most booths they block the Fastag lane with plastic barriers, and will open it up only after seeing your tag. But the problem is that the driver has to quickly determine - especially at crowded booths - which is the ETC lane, and if you miss, then you are stuck.

But TNSTC/SETC drivers bully the booth operators to pass through the dedicated lane. :-)

Never have I driven door-to-door in 5 hours (360 km) - 7:15 AM from Bellandur Shell to 12:15 PM at Besant Nagar beach. The power of Fastag is quite understated.
Old 29th January 2017, 18:47   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think about an hour was saved with Fastag
Second that. Drove to Pondy & back over the long weekend and both ways, Fastag helped. Was able to cut through the Queue of cars at the tolls and save time.
Old 30th January 2017, 11:25   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Can someone help me with the contact number of ICICI Bank representative in Chennai for the Fast-Tag?

I have tried messaging the bank 'n' number of times, but no response at all :(
I got my RFID from the NHAI office located near the Olympia tech park. Google for Sree towers it would show up. The name of the person there is Prabhu, his number is 9677091567. He is an ICICI bank representative who sits out of the NHAI office.

In other news, did a Chennai - CBE - Madurai - Chennai trip over the long weekend and FASTag easily saved around a couple of hours over the whole trip. The Madurai Chennai section had 3 or 4 tolls where it was not yet working though. And not all the money has been deducted as well. Hopefully they deduct it later else its free
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 11:32   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Second that.
I drove to yelagiri from bangalore during the republic day weekend and it was my first trip after installing FASTAG.
I would say that it was heavenly experience to zoom thru the fast tag lane.
I passed thru Attilbelle,Krishnagiri and Vaniyambadi toll .
Only at Krishnagiri, i could not enter the fasttag lane as i took the left most lane assuming it to be fast tag lane and then got stuck in the mad traffic.
Then i ended up paying toll at krishnagiri thru PAYTM as they dint have a handheld scanner.At krishnagiri, fast tag lane is Lane #2 from right.
While returning back from yelagiri , i was careful and didnt miss it.
Overall great experience and did not lose my temper by waiting for long at the toll booth which was common with me during long weekend trips.Hope more people start using it and they increase the number of fasttag lanes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks