Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 13:22   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Finally after another round of calling paytm customer care and resending the rc copy, the tag got activated today. Had been 2 weeks since I got the tag.
Can you please share the customer care number? I don't want to wait for 2 weeks for the tag to be activated. It is still showing as 'Issued', though it was delivered yesterday.
Old 26th September 2017, 15:00   #1562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can you please share the customer care number? I don't want to wait for 2 weeks for the tag to be activated. It is still showing as 'Issued', though it was delivered yesterday.
It is the same number seen on the tag itself. 18001026480. If you dont see any progress in 2-3 days, you can also try sending email to fastag@paytm.com.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 19:04   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Used my ICICI Bank issued Fasttag on my recent trip to Hyderabad and except for one toll, Fasttag was accepted everywhere and was pretty seamless. I did see a lot of truck drivers lining up for payments to fastag and I kept wondering how do they get charged if they are overloaded, which i think is charged separately.
Old 26th September 2017, 20:42   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The Fastag setup at Vaikundam toll booth on NH544 between Salem and Coimbatore is behaving erratically... the incorrect deduction will be adjusted in 10 days.
Quote:
It's been over 10 days ...

Does anyone know some sort of escalation matrix for ICICI Fastag?... If all else fails, I will have to take respite with the PG Portal.
Quote:
.... Have written to them. Let's see what they do or if at all they do something.
Since nothing has happened after all these many days, I ended up posting a grievance at the PG Portal. The status is now "Grievance received". Usually it gets escalated to "Assigned" in a few days. Have to wait and watch.

The rather cold attitude of these companies shows who is king these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I did see a lot of truck drivers lining up for payments to fastag and I kept wondering how do they get charged if they are overloaded, which i think is charged separately.
Many logistics companies have found that using such prepaid tokens is advantageous and are using Fastag quite extensively. VRL is one glowing example. These days, overloaded trucks are so much passe, for various reasons (warranty offerings by manufacturers being one of the main driving force)

Last edited by silversteed : 26th September 2017 at 21:06.
Old 26th September 2017, 21:20   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These days, overloaded trucks are so much passe, for various reasons (warranty offerings by manufacturers being one of the main driving force)
Now that you mention this, the fact is that there were not many trucks which are overloaded. I probably saw one or two trucks on my recent trip to HYD.
Old 26th September 2017, 23:57   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
It is the same number seen on the tag itself. 18001026480. If you dont see any progress in 2-3 days, you can also try sending email to fastag@paytm.com.
Thanks. I called them and created a problem ticket. They wanted me to send an email to fastagupload@paytm.com with a CC to fastagvalidations@paytm.com. They wanted me to mention the order details and vehicle details. In addition they wanted me to scan and send them my RC card again!

Looks like they are having an issue with storing docs uploaded via the SMS link. They promised a turnover time of 48 hours. So let us see how it goes.

Going by the 14 day waiting period for delivery, and adding another 3 days, paytm is certainly a slouch.
Old 27th September 2017, 08:47   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Had requested for tags from Equitas on "22/Sep/2017 12:40:49 PM". Till now it shows as Requested. I was told on call that it takes usually 5 working days to have the card delivered (max 7 WDs)
Old 27th September 2017, 09:20   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
I did see a lot of truck drivers lining up for payments to fastag and I kept wondering how do they get charged if they are overloaded, which i think is charged separately.
Quote:
These days, overloaded trucks are so much passe, for various reasons (warranty offerings by manufacturers being one of the main driving force)
Quote:
Now that you mention this, the fact is that there were not many trucks which are overloaded. I probably saw one or two trucks on my recent trip to HYD.
The most important and main reason is the power to penalise and sieze overloaded trucks by the toll operator.
Most tolls now have a weigh bridge attached.
If the booth personnel feels suspicious that a truck is overloaded, he can get it pulled aside and weighment done.
If within limit, trucker pays toll at specified rate.
If overloaded, the trucker is penalised, weighment charges are also collected apart from higher toll and a fine, the excess load is offloaded and truck siezed till the trucker calls another empty truck and removes the excess load. All at cost of the trucker.
That extra income goes into the coffers of the toll operator so that is incentive enough to catch such truckers.
A trucker may escape or bribe a toll booth, but, to be able to do so every 60/70km and all tolls is near impossible. And the costs associated, if caught, are deterrent enough to not break rules.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 11:36   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called them and created a problem ticket. They wanted me to send an email....They promised a turnover time of 48 hours...
Hi, hope you remember me from the Fiesta days
Dont waste your time with the ticket creation and talking to these toll free guys, they have no idea what they are doing nor they have any clue about how the processing, delivery and activation works. I have gone through this, it was active by itself, no tickets or calls helped !

Update on the Bangalore Airport toll plaza : Fastag lane is closed since early morning, they said the machine stopped working, people with tags enter the dedicated lane and shift to the normal lane midway !! They could not give any timeline required to get it back to working mode. My tag is still a 'virgin', lost my first chance to know its potential today
Old 27th September 2017, 11:59   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hi, hope you remember me from the Fiesta days
Dont waste your time with the ticket creation and talking to these toll free guys, they have no idea what they are doing nor they have any clue about how the processing, delivery and activation works. I have gone through this, it was active by itself, no tickets or calls helped !
Yes, I do remember you! Hope you get to use your Fastag soon. Going by your inputs, let me wait and watch. Paytm has turned out to be a lousy option.

By the way, how many days did you have to wait for activation after you got the Fastag?

Last edited by vnabhi : 27th September 2017 at 12:01.
Old 27th September 2017, 12:07   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, how many days did you have to wait for activation after you got the Fastag?
It was in fact activated within 48 hours but neither me nor the so called 'toll-free' guys knew about it

Because I kept checking on my Paytm app on the phone to see the Fastag tab but it never showed. Then I logged in to my ID through the browser and found its already 'active' with vehicle number and reserved amount of Rs.150. Later someone said Fastag tab will never show on the iPhone, even now it does not show ! Probably they need to release the new update for it.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 14:21   #1572
Senior - BHPian

I have got the tag, still waiting for the tag be in active state by paytm. Card was delivered on Monday. It is Wednesday now and the status has changed to delivered. No idea how much longer to wait. As vnabhi said, paytm may be lousy. I shudder to think on how complaint resolution would be done with paytm, especially those recently seen on a particular toll plaza where the tag was charged as a big commercial vehicle.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 22:24   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Had requested for tags from Equitas on "22/Sep/2017 12:40:49 PM". Till now it shows as Requested. I was told on call that it takes usually 5 working days to have the card delivered (max 7 WDs)
I had applied on 23/Sep/2017 07:01 PM. It has changed to "Despatched" on 26/Sep/2017 02:12 PM. Awaiting receipt of tag though.

Has anyone downloaded and used the Fast Tag mobile app? I am not able to register. Any help, please.
vvijayakrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 22:52   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I just placed an order for a Fastag for my X1 on PayTM. No documents were asked but I was told that they will send a sms asking for a copy of the RC of the vehicle. The Tag comes in 3 days. I don't do much highway driving but taking it just in case. Also there are plans to use it for parking and in Malls.
Today I received a sms from PayTM with a link to complete the process and upload a picture of the RC. I did the same and got a confirmation message that the Fastag will be dispatched shortly.
Old 27th September 2017, 23:28   #1575
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, when and how do you get the cashbacks? Been over a week for the last trip but yet to see any cashback. Does it get accumulated for the whole month and is credited at one go?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks