Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2017, 13:51   #1966
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I have a PayTM FasTag which I installed sometime in November. I had travelled through a Toll booth towards end November but FasTag was not working that time at that toll. This Sunday, I did a same day trip and it worked flawlessly. Since the return was within 24 hrs, I was charged ₹45/- while going and ₹20/- while coming. There were trucks with FasTag but mine was one of the first cars across their network. It was smooth sailing.
Old 12th December 2017, 22:28   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I was thinking the ssme as this has happened with me where I had BETL and FASTag RFID while the former had no balance, it still didn't automatically open the barrier.

The staff present there said I had 2 devices that's causing this. After removing BETL tag, all worked fine and now I use just FASTag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Are you using the tag from BETL (monthly or usage based) or have it somewhere inside the car? Sometimes the scanner reads that first and shows suspended message if that one is not active.
No, I don't have a BETL tag. However since my car was made in 2014,I have the RFID tag that was mandated then. Would that create a problem?
Old 12th December 2017, 22:31   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
No, I don't have a BETL tag. However since my car was made in 2014,I have the RFID tag that was mandated then. Would that create a problem?
Nope. That Company provided RFID has never been a problem to any of us and nor I recollect reading anyone mentioning about such an issue.
Old 13th December 2017, 10:02   #1969
BHPian

Today early morning passed through Devanahalli toll plaza, for the first time a guard asked me to stop and go. Later noticed there was a ₹85 deduction from account. Is this the correct amount?
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20171213095005237_net.one97.paytm.png  

Old 13th December 2017, 16:26   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Today early morning passed through Devanahalli toll plaza, for the first time a guard asked me to stop and go. Later noticed there was a ₹85 deduction from account. Is this the correct amount?

Yes the charged amount is correct if you have traveled towards BLR > HYD. Based on your current FASTag Balance, please make sure to recharge it ASAP otherwise with another FASTag transaction, chances of your FASTag account becoming suspended is very high. If recharged then no issues. FASTag account maintains balance of INR 150/- to avoid Tag Suspension.
Old 13th December 2017, 16:33   #1971

Got my Fast Tag issued from Kherki Dhaula Toll Plaza in Gurgaon.
They took a cancelled cheque, Aadhar & RC copy and 1 Passport size photograph.
The ride through toll was smooth, the camera scans the tag quickly and the lanes are mostly empty.
Old 13th December 2017, 18:39   #1972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
TBHPian Bejoy had mentioned earlier about facing issues due to company fitted RFID in car. However, this was during scanning using manual scanning if I recollect it.
After hearing about this, I tore part of the factory fitted RFID just to be on safer side.
Old 13th December 2017, 21:26   #1973
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I got my Fast Tag few weeks back from ICICI bank via online application. I was looking for the right way to install it on my windscreen and how do I login into my Fast Tag account. Any ideas?

Also, do we have a comprehensive list of Toll Gates on Fast Tag importable on gmaps?

Regards
Vivek
Old 14th December 2017, 06:43   #1974
Distinguished - BHPian

Received cashback on my ICICI tag for month of October today.
Old 14th December 2017, 09:38   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
I got my Fast Tag few weeks back from ICICI bank via online application. I was looking for the right way to install it on my windscreen
The approach I used was to place the FasTag behind the rear view mirror (when looking from the driver's side) on the windscreen. I did not stick it permanently at first. I used cello-tapes to temporarily fix at that position. Then did some long drives, and ensured that the censors were detecting the Tag. And then fixed the tag at that position permanently.

Quote:
and how do I login into my Fast Tag account. Any ideas?
https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CU...l=%2fCUSTLOGIN is the URL to login to the FasTag account you have. Contact their help desk # to get details like ID initial password etc. I got this from my DSA.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:52   #1976
BHPian

Got this sms just now. I believe there was a link to upload kyc doc in their site but strangely unable to login from yesterday night
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-equitas.jpg  

rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:56   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who have applied FASTag using the online channel from Equitas may get this text message asking you to visit their nearest branch for KYC. A friend of mine shared this with me today:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-equitas-message.jpg

EDIT: Realised that Rajesh had already posted this as I hit the submit button.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th December 2017 at 13:10.
Old 14th December 2017, 14:01   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Got this sms just now. I believe there was a link to upload kyc doc in their site but strangely unable to login from yesterday night
Even I got this message. Immediately checked the link, it says that those who procured through online are 'Limited KYC' customers and RBI has mandated that all should be converted to 'Full KYC' customers. It is asking for the same class of documents for ID and Address. With a driving license and RC already with the bank, this additional requirement doesn't seem very much valid, as we are not doing normal banking with Equitas but using just one of their services.

I logged into the website of Fastag Equitas, and it is logs me in.
Old 14th December 2017, 14:54   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijayakrishnan View Post
I logged into the website of Fastag Equitas, and it is logs me in.
It wont stop you from carrying out all that you did till now at least till its 31st December 2017. The message clearly refers to the deadline.

I only wish it allows people who have procured these tags online to upload the KYC documents online with a self attested copies of the original but I am sure they won't accept that due to the KYC norms unless originals are produced.
Old 14th December 2017, 15:08   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Cashback from IDFC bank is painfully slow. I had used the fastag for my trips in Aug/September and then during Oct, November. I just got the cashback from my trip from Aug/Sep. Is it the same across other banks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks