Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2018, 11:02   #2146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
I have a query regarding installation of the FASTag. Since I have a Dashcam fixed just behind the upper centre of the windshield, which I don't intend on moving, can I affix the Fastag slightly to the left or right?

Attachment 1713904
Right side on the driver side should be just fine. It will also be easy to scan using hand-held scanner.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 12:14   #2147
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
I have a query regarding installation of the FASTag. Since I have a Dashcam fixed just behind the upper centre of the windshield, which I don't intend on moving, can I affix the Fastag slightly to the left or right?
Absolutely - i have affixed mine on the left side top.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 11:40   #2148
BHPian

Here is my fastag experience.

Ordered one through paytm for Rs.500 and got it within 3 days. Fast delivery. But wallet only had Rs 150 loaded out of 500. Is it expected? i thought tag was only Rs.200.

Then i was in a dilemma whether to fix it in my windshield as it had a crack and need to be replaced. A long trip came all of a sudden and i decided to put it any case. Fixed it just below rear view mirror. Can this be removed and fixed in another windshield or should i get a new tag?

Did Chenni-Madurai-Chennai round trip this weekend by loading Rs.1000 in paytm wallet. Except Paranur toll [they removed saying signal issue] rest of them had fastag enabled. except 2 rest of them had manual scanners which actually were slower than paying cash. overall it was okay as the traffic was very less this weekend. Will be making another trip to Salem during Pongal and will update the details here.

I was charged twice in Sengurichi toll. how do i report this? Also i do not get any SMS. Have to check Paytm site for toll details and also there seem to be no discount to fastag users?
Old 9th January 2018, 11:51   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I have a Dashcam fixed just behind the upper centre of the windshield, which I don't intend on moving, can I affix the Fastag slightly to the left or right?
No issues. Look at the spot I have pasted it on my car.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_1898.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 11:51   #2150
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1713904
I have fixed it to the right of the Windscreen (just where the white sticker is in your pic) and it works just fine.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:26   #2151
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, paste the tag 'anywhere' on the front windscreen and it won't really matter. The System would still scan it anyway.

The reasons for the placement of the Tag near the IRVM on right hand side:
- It is easier for the Toll attendant to manually scan it in case the automated scanner is not functioning/absent by just stretching his hand out of the window

- It is also easier for the automated scanner to detect these tags because the pillar on which this is hosted is mostly on your (driver's) right hand side

- It is easier for the man guarding the booth to spot your tag with that FASTag logo and hence allow you to pass into the dedicated lane meant for FASTag

- It is easier to fix the tag on the right hand side and leave the left side for a lot of other stickers, including the OEM RFID that comes in all cars post 2013
Hence, don't worry too much on placement as long as you walk outside your car and are able to spot the tag easily from a distance.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 13:19   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Guys, paste the tag 'anywhere' on the front windscreen and it won't really matter. The System would still scan it anyway.
And one more, the main reason why that location was suggested in the 1st place :

- It does not obstruct the driver's vision, being hidden behind the IRVM.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th January 2018 at 13:21. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 9th January 2018, 13:38   #2153
Team-BHP Support

I ordered a FASTag from PayTM for my SCross. The total amount paid towards it was Rs. 500/-. I believe about Rs. 100/- should show up on the FASTag towards a base recharge. Question is how do I check the balance? When I login to PayTM and click on FASTag option, it redirects me to the PayTM Mall for buying another tag. Also, just adding some amount to the wallet works or do I need to move the amount by some means to the FASTag account?
Old 9th January 2018, 13:53   #2154
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Also, just adding some amount to the wallet works or do I need to move the amount by some means to the FASTag account?

You can go to passbook and you will see a fastag option there. You just have to add balance to your main wallet and it keeps getting moved to fastag Wallet as and when you use it.
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 13:56   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
When I login to PayTM and click on FASTag option, it redirects me to the PayTM Mall for buying another tag. Also, just adding some amount to the wallet works or do I need to move the amount by some means to the FASTag account?
1. Place your cursor on Paytm balance.
2. You see an option 'Passbook'. Click on passbook.
3. You see a separate tab called 'Fastag' next to paytm wallet.
4. Click on tab 'Fastag' and here is where you will find 'Manage Fastags' buttons.

Fastag tab will be available on your paytm account only once they allot a Fastag to you.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 14:28   #2156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
1. Place your cursor on Paytm balance.
2. You see an option 'Passbook'. Click on passbook.
3. You see a separate tab called 'Fastag' next to paytm wallet.
4. Click on tab 'Fastag' and here is where you will find 'Manage Fastags' buttons.

Fastag tab will be available on your paytm account only once they allot a Fastag to you.
Wow! Can't believe that PayTM can put this behind so many not-so-obvious pages. Thanks for your detailed instructions on finding this. Any chance that I can manage Fastags using their mobile app?
Old 9th January 2018, 14:35   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Can't believe that PayTM can put this behind so many not-so-obvious pages. Thanks for your detailed instructions on finding this. Any chance that I can manage Fastags using their mobile app?
Yes, one can manage FASTags using PAYTM App on mobile phones. I am having one FASTag from PAYTM and its added under PAYTM> Passbook > FASTag.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20180109143707.jpg  

Last edited by aeroamit : 9th January 2018 at 14:38. Reason: Adding more information
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 19:56   #2158
BHPian

How do raise a ticket if you are charged twice? it's a paytm fastag..
Old 10th January 2018, 01:23   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

So will it be alright if I place the tag on the driving side (top) right adjacent to the A pillar?

Last edited by ampere : 10th January 2018 at 07:11. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 10th January 2018, 06:01   #2160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
So will it be alright if I place the tag on the driving side (top) right adjacent to the A pillar?
As long as the position doesn't block a clear view for you(driver) you should be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks