Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 16:38   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I applied through PayTM and have received my Tag. It was a hassle free experience of procuring it. My car's RC book is actually a book. So scanned the relevant pages and stitched the images together as Front and Back and uploaded it. Placed the order on 4-Nov and received the tag on 17-Nov. Hope to get a chance to use it soon.
pjbiju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 16:59   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I applied for Fastag yesterday from HDFC bank. But it looks like their system is broken.
Exact same experience.
I registered the request on 12th Nov.
No communication at all from HDFC after the 500rs was paid.
The customer care number is non functional. All of last week, it would keep ringing with no one picking. Today, it seems to be busy all the time. There is no email ID mentioned to whom I can drop an email

I googled a bit and turns out that this is a very common situation with HDFC. Too bad I did not do this research before attempting to buy from them.

I'm now checking if I can submit a request on pgportal to get this moving. Do let us all know if you find a way to get this working with HDFC
perty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 17:59   #3723
BHPian

Hi team, forwarding a query from a friend.

He was using SBI fastag till now. His windshield got cracked due to a stone throw and in the subsequent windshield replacement, he had to remove the fastag(got damaged in the process), applied for a replacement fastag and transfer of balance via SBI fastag agent. Gave all the necessary documents and the agent said that it needs to be sent to Delhi(no idea why) because it is a replacement tag request and it can take upto 2 weeks for activation of new tag and transfer of balance to new tag(meanwhile the agent gave him a new fastag and asked him not to stick it on the car until he receives the message that the new tag is activated). He is clueless as to what can be done now as he does highway travels very frequently.
Waiting for 2 weeks is fine but unfortunately the tag cannot be tracked as per the agent and he doesnt sound too sure when he says 2 weeks.

This agent was the person assigned by SBI customer care themselves when he called upon enquiring about the replacement tag and they said it cannot be done directly. Its been a week now, but still agent isnt too sure if it will be delivered within another weeks time.

So his query is, do he need to trust this guy because something feels off about the procedure he is saying, and can he now get a new fastag from ICICI/HDFC without closing the current replacement tag which is nowhere to be seen? Would this cause any problems or tag issues in the future because of the other account still being active/non suspended ?

Also, is there any way to track the process of the replacement tag and is this the actual process for getting a replacement tag or is he being taken for a ride?
Xaos636 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 18:19   #3724
Senior - BHPian

Once the tag is pasted on windscreen is there a way to test if it works properly or wait until first encounter at a toll gate and pray it will work? If it does not work then what? Do we have to pay double for no fault of ours (assuming we have enough balance ). Just curious.
Also I need to get one tag for my 2016 Ertiga. Looking at below posts I feel ICICI has best and reliable method for online application. Any comments?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 20th November 2019 at 18:23.
Old 20th November 2019, 18:19   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
There is no need to purchase Fastag from any one particular bank and also no need to have account with them. You can recharge your Fastag account with various methods e.g. UPI. ICICI is best amongst others in terms of delivery, customer care and recharge.
Thanks! So I assume that on completion of registration, the bank provides login credentials, with which we can see the available balance and top it up. Is that how it works?
ram.iyer95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 18:32   #3726
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Also I need to get one tag for my 2016 Ertiga. Looking at below posts I feel ICICI has best and reliable method for online application. Any comments?
The only way to test the tag is to drive via a toll plaza (enabled with the Fastag sensors)

We have 2 ICICI tags (2 cars) and both have worked at almost all tolls enabled with Fastag with few exceptions like the Bangalore Airport & Devanahalli ones (problem is due to the sensors at these tolls). Also, many of my friends also have ICICI tags in their cars and overall it has been quite consistent. Some prefer PayTM, etc for the ease of top-ups but now almost all providers support UPI.

With the Dec 1 deadline approaching, I'm not sure how fast/good the response to applications via online/Phone (SMS) will be, you may want to contact one of the branches/agents at ICICI branches to hasten the process (these guys charge an extra Rs.250/300 as Service Charge and get the work done in a day and deliver the tag in person instead of mailing them out and taking additional 2-3 days for registration/account activation as is the normal process).

Last edited by NPV : 20th November 2019 at 18:58.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 19:06   #3727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Hi team, forwarding a query from a friend.
Yes, two weeks seems like a long time for a replacement tag. I doubt the agent is saying the same to push for new tag / account since it may be the one which fetches him more money.

Regarding second query, yes there is no restriction on using another tag. He can take up which ever tag that is suitable for him, just that he will end up loosing balance in his current tag if he shifts the provider.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 19:49   #3728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Any update from your end? I am still waiting to add for my 2nd car.
Not yet, i did what Bhpian csr9 mentioned in this post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4692364 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Today, i called up their customer care and they replied, they have received my request and they need another week to send it. Once i receive, i will definitely update.

Last edited by Samba : 20th November 2019 at 19:50.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 20:15   #3729
BHPian

FASTag request rejected by Paytm

My FASTag request on Paytm has been rejected for the 3rd time, the Paytm team called and asked me to resubmit it, with the same results as before, what am I missing here. I have submitted copy of my RC card, front and back as stated on the site.

Also, which of the Vendors have easiest to recharge option?

Last edited by motorpsycho : 20th November 2019 at 20:17.
Old 20th November 2019, 20:20   #3730
Senior - BHPian

I have got my fastag directly from showroom earlier this April but haven't got a chance to use it much. Used only once for testing it on BETL flyover (EC to silk board). That was an one-way trip so Rs.45 was deducted. Now I am a bit doubtful on how it would work for return trips? If I return within 12 hours will it charge one more singe-trip or will it charge only the difference amount(Return_trip_charge - Single_trip_charge)?

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th November 2019 at 20:26.
Old 20th November 2019, 20:57   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I have got my fastag directly from showroom earlier this April but haven't got a chance to use it much. Used only once for testing it on BETL flyover (EC to silk board). That was an one-way trip so Rs.45 was deducted. Now I am a bit doubtful on how it would work for return trips? If I return within 12 hours will it charge one more singe-trip or will it charge only the difference amount(Return_trip_charge - Single_trip_charge)?
Only the difference amount.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 21:04   #3732
Senior - BHPian

If we reach to the same dealer where we bought our car will they help to get a fastag? Surely they will charge more but atleast you may have some peace of mind yes/no/doesn't matter?
Old 20th November 2019, 21:36   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I applied through PayTM and have received my Tag. It was a hassle free experience of procuring it. My car's RC book is actually a book. So scanned the relevant pages and stitched the images together as Front and Back and uploaded it. Placed the order on 4-Nov and received the tag on 17-Nov. Hope to get a chance to use it soon.
Tried ICICI but the site isn't working, says technical snag try later so have applied for Paytm, it worked well and have placed an order.
Old 20th November 2019, 21:55   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Thanks! So I assume that on completion of registration, the bank provides login credentials, with which we can see the available balance and top it up. Is that how it works?
After the completion of KYC procedure, you will be alloted Customer ID number. With this Customer ID number you have to register on bank's Fastag portal. You will be prompted to create user id and password and voila you are ready to use Fastag. This is the procedure with ICICI bank. It will be more or less similar for other banks too. You can recharge by net banking or UPI whichever suits you. You can also recharge by cash at POS where ICICI tag is available.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 23:03   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I applied for Fastag yesterday from HDFC bank. But it looks like their system is broken. I got the following status by the end of the process.
--------------
Your Fastag application reference number HFRXXXXX.
The Fastag Application PDF is sent to your registered email ID.
Our representative will get in touch with you soon.
You will receive your Fastag in the next 7 working days. Contact 18001201243 for queries.
--------------
Well, nothing was sent to my registered email ID. They picked up all my details (address/phone/email) from my HDFC account, which is needed for KYC. And there is no way to track the process. Their contact number says the line is busy.

Be ready for the above if you are applying via HDFC bank.
I applied for a Fastag through HDFC bank last week and I am stuck in the exact same situation.

Even their relationship manager or their fastag representatives do not seem to have any idea what is going on and they keep telling me that the tag will be shipped within 7 working days even without me uploading my RC copy.

Most Viewed