Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 18:50   #5836
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Has anyone received a call from ICICI asking for a re-KYC for the Fastag?

Yesterday, I got a call (apparently from ICICI) stating that the dealer is not submitting the documents for my fastag account, for a car bought in Jan 2020 and if they can send an executive to do the KYC. Today, the agent visited, but he didn't have an ICICI ID, instead, he showed me a third-party ID which mentioned something like a partner for ICICI. And instead of a KYC form, he had a new fastag application form. On questioning, he connected me with the ICICI executive who kept on insisting that they don't have a KYC form and they are doing the dealer's job, etc. I anyways decided not to hand over my documents.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 23:46   #5837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Has anyone received a call from ICICI asking for a re-KYC for the Fastag?

Yesterday, I got a call (apparently from ICICI) stating that the dealer is not submitting the documents for my fastag account, for a car bought in Jan 2020 and if they can send an executive to do the KYC. Today, the agent visited, but he didn't have an ICICI ID, instead, he showed me a third-party ID which mentioned something like a partner for ICICI. And instead of a KYC form, he had a new fastag application form. On questioning, he connected me with the ICICI executive who kept on insisting that they don't have a KYC form and they are doing the dealer's job, etc. I anyways decided not to hand over my documents.
There seems to be some lose ends when it comes to fastag issuance by agents and car dealers. There are two types of KYC for FASTag - Full KYC which means higher limits and documents are fully verified (like PAN card). Then there is mini KYC (partial KYC) which has lower limits and documents are not immediately verified but are needed to be verified at a later time ( typically within one or two years after issuance). In most cases, the tag is issued as per mini KYC for quick and easy processing. So after sometime banks start pestering for full KYC. It is better to follow up with right authorities of your FASTag and do pending KYC otherwise the tag may be suspended or black listed. You don't want to get stuck at the Toll Plaza arguing with the operator..It has happened with some folks I know so my suggestion is not to ignore. But ofcourse do the due diligence before sharing documents.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th October 2021 at 23:49.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 00:15   #5838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Now, do I need to first deactivate the IDFC one and then apply ICICI one ? And how to do it ? Write to the bank ? There is no option for deactivation/ closure on IDFC site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
Switching to a new provider would be too much of a hassle.
I tried to apply for ICICI FASTag online by raising query from my FASTag account. Yeah, raising query; no direct way to apply and link to my existing account. Response from ICICI was too cold. Got one call from staff after 4~5 days. After understanding my requirement, I was told to first deactivate existing FASTag, then raise query again. I asked for next steps and expected timeline to process my request. The staff was non-committal. When insisted, I was told that I'll get call from field office in my area to explain. Waited for another week, no response.

Finally, I opted for PayTM for ease of application and maintaining balance. Applied for PayTM FASTag without getting the IDFC one deactivated. Application process was just 2min task. The tag was delivered on 4th day and PayTM app shows it's activated. So, I am going to use it on my next trip. Removed IDFC one from the vehicle and now I am going to write to them for deactivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
What happens when one wants to sell their car - aren't we expected to close the tag account? So, there should be a way to close a tag account.
For ICICI, there's link available in FASTag account under 'Customer Service' heading to apply for deactivation.

For IDFC, there's no such direct link. So, need to explore further.
AutoNoob is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 07:23   #5839
BHPian

I need to buy a FASTag ASAP for an inter-state trip I'm scheduled to make on Friday. How long does it take to get an ICICI or PayTM FASTag delivered in Bangalore? Any way I can walk into select kiosks/bank and apply and take delivery immediately?
Old 10th October 2021, 08:20   #5840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I need to buy a FASTag ASAP for an inter-state trip I'm scheduled to make on Friday. How long does it take to get an ICICI or PayTM FASTag delivered in Bangalore? Any way I can walk into select kiosks/bank and apply and take delivery immediately?
Online will take at least a week to come. If you need it urgently, get it at Toll Plaza (Hoskote and Devanahalli).. May also be available at Hosur Toll Plaza but I'm not sure. Other option is bank branch walkin but not all branches provide FASTag so you need to check. I'd suggest Toll Plaza option.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 10:54   #5841
BHPian

Related: Is the double toll if no FASTag being really enforced at the toll plazas?

I was quick to buy FASTag for my primary car and its helped a lot, but have been slow in buying one for my secondary car. Am just now waking up :-)

Last edited by vharihar : 10th October 2021 at 10:56.
Old 10th October 2021, 19:38   #5842
BHPian

Quote:
Related: Is the double toll if no FASTag being really enforced at the toll plazas?
Yes it is. I recently got a car and the fast tag had some issue the first time and I ended up paying double at the toll plaza. Got the issue fixed right there after the plaza where all the providers usually have a stall.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:03   #5843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
buying one for my secondary car. Am just now waking up :-)
If your travel is imminent, best is to buy at a toll plaza and get it fixed. My SBI couldn't be recharged because of KYC issues, I got an ICICI at Pangthangi toll plaza and it was immediately activated.

For Bangalore, I think only NBTL and Nelamangala plazas didn't have them. Every other toll plaza had them at daytime.

Equitas used to be one of the quickest among Fastags shipped (2 days), not sure if they are still that fast.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 07:23   #5844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Online will take at least a week to come. If you need it urgently, get it at Toll Plaza (Hoskote and Devanahalli).. May also be available at Hosur Toll Plaza but I'm not sure. Other option is bank branch walkin but not all branches provide FASTag so you need to check. I'd suggest Toll Plaza option.
Took a chance and applied for FASTag at ICICI website on 10th (as there was a Rs 400 Amazon voucher offer :-)). The FASTag got delivered yesterday, in 4 days, kya baat hai! We travel tomorrow.

My gamble was based on my vague recollection that my primary car's ICICI FASTag was also delivered quite fast, within a week as I recall.

Last edited by vharihar : 15th October 2021 at 07:25.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 13:22   #5845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
I intend to use it pasted on the left side of the windshield

I don't know if it will work or not.
Had the same doubt and I pasted it on the left as I don't like stickers scattered across the windshield. Also, pasting it below the dashcam would be too low.

I wasn't sure if it would work and couldn't experiment since there are no toll roads near my hometown.

I drove to Bengaluru last day and was able to test against receptors located at the center and the right. Passed through 14 toll gates and the tag got detected without issues.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-sonetfastag.jpg
Old 15th October 2021, 14:28   #5846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
My IDFC First Bank Fastag has Brown backing instead of white translucent one & I intend to use it pasted on the left side of the windshield without removing the 3M butter paper or atleast using a transparent film as suggested above.
In 90% of the Toll Plazas, it should work.

In far and few corner cases, where the detector can't detect the tag due to extreme left position, the Toll Booth guys will use a hand-held scanner.

Of-course, as a by product of the time wasted, you might be treated to some honking/show of displeasure by other motorists.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 21:00   #5847
BHPian

Folks,

Looks like the KYC bug has bit me too.

I need to travel out tomorrow. While trying to add money to my ICICI issued FASTag, I found that the account is 'frozen'. When I called up their support number, I was told I need to submit KYC documents and it can be done only by visiting an ICICI bank office (PoS). Now, I'm in trouble since I need to travel tomorrow morning and have no opportunity to visit a branch before that. I got my FASTag from a Toyota dealer. Interestingly, no communication so far from ICICI asking me to reverify/resubmit KYC documents till the time called them up.

Now, my questions are:
1. I have 95 Rs in the account. Will the tag work even if the account is marked 'frozen'?
2. Can I still pass through toll plazas and pay by cash?
3. Are there cash lanes on all plazas?
4. Do they accept credit cards/GPay?

I've always used FASTag and never bothered to check on non-FASTag travel so far :-(

Thanks in advance for any guidance/inputs.

Regards
Rex

PS: Apologies if this is already discussed on this thread or elsewhere. Please send a link if it's handy with any of you. I will read it up. Thanks.
Old 16th October 2021, 21:06   #5848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
1. I have 95 Rs in the account. Will the tag work even if the account is marked 'frozen'?
Is your ICICI account frozen or the fastag account? If it is ICICI, there are other ways to recharge your fastag. You can recharge using PhonePe app. May be worth giving a try.

If not, you can deactivate your current fastag and buy a new one in the toll plaza. That gets activated immediately.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:28   #5849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Is your ICICI account frozen or the fastag account? If it is ICICI, there are other ways to recharge your fastag. You can recharge using PhonePe app. May be worth giving a try.
PhonePe is not able to retrieve information based on my vehicle number. Asking to enter vehicle number. Once entered it says 'invalid mobile number/fastag id entered'. Tried entering invalid mobile number/fastag id too. No luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
If not, you can deactivate your current fastag and buy a new one in the toll plaza. That gets activated immediately.
Can the toll plaza folks help deactivate my current tag? Not finding an option for the same on their website.

Regards
Rex
Old 17th October 2021, 09:10   #5850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post

Can the toll plaza folks help deactivate my current tag? Not finding an option for the same on their website.

Regards
Rex
Not sure if they an deactivate. Else you can just remove the current sticker and put a new one. Looks like that’s the only option.

Most Viewed