Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2024, 09:19   #21676
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Going to be hell for everyone crossing into town be it from the KRP, Tumkur and KIAL sides (elevated road + service lanes), because now all three heavy streams of traffic will need to navigate that absurdly narrow 2 lane middle section of the flyover.

PS: Please excuse the shaky ellipse :-)
Not just those going in to the city. It will make it messy for people from KRP towards Airport or Tumkur as I am sure the traffic will build up quite fast due to these U-Turn and getting on to the ramp for people coming from KRP towards City. The alternatives suggested are hardly alternatives, if you look at the map. They quite circuitous and constricted.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th March 2024 at 09:46. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 17:02   #21677
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Further, I am guessing that the Nagawara to Hebbal traffic will now have to take a right U-turn and merge with the Airport to city loop.
I doubt this will happen, they wouldn't want to impact hebbal-mekri circle to Nagawara loop, I think this will continue as-is. Nor, they would want to impact Bel circle to Nagawara, a u-turn would mean more waiting time at the signal on this stretch.
Old 28th March 2024, 13:41   #21678
BHPian

Can someone explain with a figure what's the final picture going to look like, after they finish building what they're building, at ORR Hebbal interchange?
Old 28th March 2024, 13:55   #21679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Can someone explain with a figure what's the final picture going to look like, after they finish building what they're building, at ORR Hebbal interchange?
I believe this is the target state being planned for the Hebbal flyover. We should get there soon in the near future.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-aerialviewabovecomplexfreewayinterchangeatlantageorgiabntmtt.jpg
Source: 1
ninjatalli is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:58   #21680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I believe this is the target state being planned for the Hebbal flyover. We should get there soon in the near future.
For this they will need to demolish and rebuild everything.

And where is the railway track in that pic, pls ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 16:07   #21681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For this they will need to demolish and rebuild everything.

And where is the railway track in that pic, pls ?
I think he was being sarcastic.
vharihar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 06:04   #21682
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a traffic rant but generally so disheartening to see semi-rural infrastructure outright abandoned or going to the dogs.

Case in point is north BLR where anything not funded by the NHAI or central agencies has just stagnated or on CPR for the last year or so.

Unless funded or pushed by influential builders, nothing is happening on the ground. Roadworks are abandoned or completed shoddily, improvements are merely on paper, local officials are simply not available for redress; state of total anarchy I’m afraid.

Been in north BLR for 10+ years now; never anticipated such apathy. Only a matter of time before this area degenerates like the so-called IT corridors.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th March 2024 at 06:25.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 22:02   #21683
BHPian

Bannerghatta Road between Mico Signal to Anepalya signal to be closed from tomorrow for at least a year.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...865347363.html

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled1.jpg
Old 4th April 2024, 09:51   #21684
BHPian

Is it just me or has there been a spurt in number of private buses operating on the IT corridor (EC To ORR to Hebbala) specially during evening peak hours?
Even more surprising is that a good number of these buses are apparently Nagaland (NL) or Arunachal Pradesh (AR) registered, both of which are really, really far from Karnataka. Seems like the tax differential is quite high as per this article --> https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/94426085.cms

These buses are an absolute nuisance on the road (BMTCs and STCs seem polite feathers as compared to them) with their monstrous sizes and, as usual, absolute disregard for the traffic rules. The callousness of the BTP in handling them is also quite evident as they stand bang in the middle of the road merrily boarding customers. I have seen 2 lanes created by them at the Marathalli jnc and the bus stand just before the elevated flyover towards EC while another 3rd bus leaves the queue to start moving.
MH, HR, DL etc registered vehicles are stopped at the blink of an eye and harassed but these monstrosities are allowed to run amuck without a care in the world.

Another example of how tax paying, aam junta is made to purposely struggle whereas these tax evaders are given a free hand while also compromising the safety of passengers and other road users alike.

On a side note, whenever it comes to non white board vehicles, two things are apparent -
1. Disregard for traffic rules, although this is mostly applicable to most vehicles across the city
2. BTP giving them a free hand to break rules and evade fines

Last edited by ShreyG : 4th April 2024 at 09:52.
ShreyG is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 16:23   #21685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is my understanding too.

Further, I am guessing that the Nagawara to Hebbal traffic will now have to take a right U-turn and merge with the Airport to city loop. And THAT is going to be a nightmare for everyone!

PS: Please excuse the shaky ellipse :-)
The plan seems to be as outlined in the image below, tweeted by BTP
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20240404_161947.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20240404_161946.jpg  

sandsun7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 16:45   #21686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Get ready for total gridlock and utter chaos . This is what happens when successive state governments coupled with an apathetic NHAI/SWR kick the ball down the road in the hope that it will go away.

EVERY direction will be impacted due to the sheer volume of traffic and the lack of overall traffic discipline.
Old 4th April 2024, 16:59   #21687
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
They better have a traffic police manning right before the right turn at hebbal (going towards new airport road side), else this will create a gridlock. Its currently a free right turn from Nagawara towards airport.
Old 4th April 2024, 18:08   #21688
UMe
BHPian

There you go at hebbal, as expected. Looks like it's On Regular commuters on this route like me will have a tough time now.

Google is already auto-routing to a better route. Now is this still the best route.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20240404_180429_maps.jpg  

Last edited by UMe : 4th April 2024 at 18:11.
Old 4th April 2024, 19:40   #21689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Its currently a free right turn from Nagawara towards airport.
Don't understand this free right turn. You do have a signal right? Since vehicles from Yeshwantpur need to cross towards Nagawara or take left towards airport?

On another note, I have always been confused about how to take this right turn. The first signal is ignored and everyone waits only at the second signal which is half way through completing the right turn.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th April 2024 at 12:48. Reason: Minor typos.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 21:29   #21690
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Don't understand this free right turn. You do have a signal right? Since vehicles from Yeshwantpur need to cross towards Nagawara or take left towards airport?
You are right there, I should have put it correctly. Everyone ignores and stops just at the right turn. Infact it's free movement for people going straight. It would be better, with all the flyover work, if we have someone manning the signal there.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th April 2024 at 12:48. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks