Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 14:46   #2206
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

How do you ensure you are the first one off a traffic signal?

Simple. Stop your vehicle at 90 degrees to other vehicles waiting at the signal, so they can start off only after you.

Learn from the cool dude on his convertible (read tractor) below.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0423.jpg
Old 15th March 2011, 18:37   #2207
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

On sunday, while I was in the top row at the Udupi garden signal going towards Silk Board. There were still some 60-odd seconds left for it to turn green.

This middle-aged man comes next to me on his bike with a young girl (<5yrs) sitting on the fuel tank. He then gets off the bike and drags it across the signal through the lane that had the signal to drive!

Why can't someone his age and I'm assuming being educated, can't realize that the few seconds he saves at the signal could actually endanger not only his life but the young one he's ferrying!

I have seen umpteen motorists getting off the bike to go wrong-side on a road but this! terrible.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:53   #2208
Senior - BHPian

The tractor guys is surely not doing it to be the first guy off the signal. He might have joined this direction from other lane on the left or trying to go in the opposite direction when the signal turns green. He is an idiot anyway.

I have seen two wheelers do this
Old 15th March 2011, 22:32   #2209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The tractor guys is surely not doing it to be the first guy off the signal. He might have joined this direction from other lane on the left or trying to go in the opposite direction when the signal turns green. He is an idiot anyway.

I have seen two wheelers do this
He was very well on the left, and just parked himself at 90 degrees to the traffic direction, across the white line. And no, he wasnt attempting a U turn when the lights turned green. In fact, i overtook him a while later before Bellandur as we proceeded in the same direction.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:48   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
He was very well on the left, and just parked himself at 90 degrees to the traffic direction, across the white line. And no, he wasnt attempting a U turn when the lights turned green. In fact, i overtook him a while later before Bellandur as we proceeded in the same direction.
May be it's beacuse of your overtake. He knows his limits, he can not overtake, but at leaset can frustate others.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:56   #2211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
May be it's beacuse of your overtake. He knows his limits, he can not overtake, but at leaset can frustate others.
I hope you were kidding there. One look at the pic says that i was much behin him at the signal in the correct lane. I purposely included the traffic light pole in the pic to show the lane orientation.

As for me overtaking, that was along the way to Bellandur. Surely you dont expect vehicles to remain forever behind a slow moving tractor with trolley on a 3 lane road?!
Old 16th March 2011, 12:16   #2212
BANNED

Motorist stabbed in road rage attack

The last bit of sanity that this city had is lost.

Now each one to himself. Welcome to Bangalore oops... jungle.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:24   #2213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Motorist stabbed in road rage attack

The last bit of sanity that this city had is lost.

Now each one to himself. Welcome to Bangalore oops... jungle.
really sad. i was shocked to read the incident this morning in TOI! what's even more shocking was that it was a bunch of teenagers! is this what our youth are growing up to? shorter tempers and no self control.

well, back to the hockey stick!
Old 16th March 2011, 18:26   #2214
Senior - BHPian

A 19 year old - carrying a button knife - and has no qualms in plunging it into someone. Awesome!

The newspaper report says - there were a few people in the Jeep. What were they doing? watching the scene unfold?

1) never get into a fight
2) even if you did - just say - saarry saar! and move on unless you are armed to the teeth like Rajnikanth in Robot
Old 16th March 2011, 18:43   #2215
Senior - BHPian

I think you should never get down on the road if you are in a car. Just hit them. Its an accident afterall.
I dont know if these two teenagers were on a trip to Bengaluru or were living here.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:26   #2216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
A 19 year old - carrying a button knife - and has no qualms in plunging it into someone. Awesome!

The newspaper report says - there were a few people in the Jeep. What were they doing? watching the scene unfold?

1) never get into a fight
2) even if you did - just say - saarry saar! and move on unless you are armed to the teeth like Rajnikanth in Robot
I'm sure none of them were prepared to see someone being knived!

From the looks of it, I have a feeling there must've been provocation. Although everything said and done, physical harm is uncondemnable.

There's been a drastic shift in mentality - everyone seems to have this uncontrollable urge to retaliate to anything physically.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:44   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I hope you were kidding there. forever
Forgot to used a smiley. Actually i hate smiley. This smiley to make sure i'm joking.
Old 17th March 2011, 15:29   #2218
Senior - BHPian

St. John's hospital road/Hosur road junction. people stop way ahead of the stop line.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01241.jpg

the auto driver takes this opportunity to cut across the traffic!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01242.jpg

under the Metro thingy; on the road joining OMR from Indiranagar 100ft road - both the Innova and the i10 are trying to turn right (side by side) towards the road heading to the BDA complex. the biker tries to squeeze in between the two and gets stuck; has a verbal joust with the Innova driver and then scoots off.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01309.jpg

this nincompoop almost rammed on the side of my car by not paying attention on the road. he turns left and joins the main road (4th block Koramangala) and i presume he is distracted by something and starts to drift to the right - into my car! i honk once, he doesn't bother to correct himself and is still drifting to my side. i honk real hard and this time he wiggles and slows down a bit. i pass this joker who later speeds up, comes up to my left and gives me a long stare. i was tempted to give him the finger, but it was busy clicking his picture!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01314.jpg

live life king size!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc01320.jpg

and finally something all of you have seen on your daily commute
Old 17th March 2011, 17:39   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

and finally something all of you have seen on your daily commute
YouTube - Driving on the wrong side!
ROLF!!! The video is just too hilarious! There are more bikers going down the wrong way than those going the right way!!!

Today I fingered a State Govt. Ambassador's driver, who just sheepishly smiled.
Saw a POLICE Accent driving down 3m the wrong way and then U - turned.

A Desh Drohi (read; Kannada No. Plate) on a scooter almost brushed against our car while crawling past us at the red signal. Seeing my driver frown, he gestured. I don't understand what these guys think of their pitiful selves.

And on the Old Airport > Trinity road, I saw 2 jokers in Vardi going down the wrong way on their POLICE Pulsar.

I gave a mouthful to a bunch of "Educated Executive" jokers who were standing in the middle of the Wind-tunnel road - OA road signal trying to cross when it was red for pedestrians.

A police Jeep didn't stop and fine a guy on a bike going down the wrong way somewhere in Vasanth ?Nagar

No one can save this city's pathetic traffic I say!
Old 17th March 2011, 21:05   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

this nincompoop almost rammed on the side of my car by not paying attention on the road. he turns left and joins the main road (4th block Koramangala) and i presume he is distracted by something and starts to drift to the right - into my car!
nincompoop: Quite a word. Th at guy was riding a bullet and that made him high and may be thats the raeson he did not care about other ordinary cars.

Last edited by akas_chauhan : 17th March 2011 at 21:06.

Most Viewed