Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:58   #9271
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
I don't know what part of Electronic City, Hosur Road and Bommanahalli he's referring to. May be he had a dream or something that the work in these areas got completed. The Begur-Manipal County-Singasandra road that comes under this area is peppered with potholes. The 80 ft road in otherwise excellent condition that connects this road to the hosur road service road is unutilized because a 30 meter patch has no surface because of an RMC plant.
Attachment 1418551

In the last two weeks, two menacing potholes have formed that opens up in to drains below smack in the center of the road. God save the poor souls who doesn't spot them at night.

Aren't those jackhammer marks on the edges?
He is talking about proper Electronic City - the area which comes under ELCITA.
Last Sunday, all potholes in this area were getting fixed.
But the road just outside this area after Wipro which goes towards Neeladri Nagar is still littered with big craters.
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:10   #9272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Perhaps he was referring to the SEZs created for them?
Well, SEZs were created for a lot of other industries too, so don't think it is fair to single out IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
And in my defence, I remember reading that IT companies were provided a tax-free time during which they could operate in Karnataka.
I think for a while IT was the sunrise industry in Karnataka. Those days are long gone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
3. The IT companies during the last 15+ years have cultivated a culture in which more than unity, "individualism" is nurtured.
Spot on. It is tough to get IT managers to accept a work schedule that let employees consider carpooling.
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:11   #9273
Senior - BHPian

Folks

While heading home in my office cab, I saw men at work near Sai Baba Hospital filling potholes once again with mud and stones.

Hopefully it does not rain anymore. BBMP is bent on turning a deaf ear/eye to the problems that plague Bangalore.
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:26   #9274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
SEZs were created for a lot of other industries too[/url], so don't think it is fair to single out IT.
Oh, I wasn't backing him up. I was just mentioning what he must have been referring to.
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:35   #9275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Oh, I wasn't backing him up. I was just mentioning what he must have been referring to.
No worries, that has been cleared up now. But I wasn't referring to SEZ either specifically. But good to know that IT companies are out of that "sunrise" period anyway. Somehow makes me feel better
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:37   #9276
BHPian

The junction just after Gopalan Signature mall on Old Madras Road is blocked off for the past couple of months. But with jaywalkers and two-wheelers trying to find shortcuts to avoid an extra 100 meters for a U turn still pose a constant hazard there.

The guy at 00:10 of the video is just standing there, expecting traffic to swerve and avoid him. Then at 00:50 we have the nut case, taking a U turn in a gap - no helmet and has two children on the bike to boot.

Improving infrastructure will just address one part of the problem. As long as we have lawlessness among the road users, I do not see any way to improve. A sky-walk is badly needed there to help pedestrians cross over from RMZ Infinity to the mall and back.

Video shot with my Mobius Action-cam on the way back from work.

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 23rd September 2015 at 18:40.
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 07:46   #9277
Senior - BHPian

EDIT:: UPDATE at 8:15 AM - Just now spoke to my wife, who spoke to a friend of hers. The friend said that traffic has been blocked from Udupi Garden towards AXA Signal. All vehicles are directed to go down BTM 16th Main road, towards Lake Road, and join back BTM Main road at AXA Signal. Not sure if she or me understood the situation correctly. But this is just going to be nasty.

MASSIVE JAM ALERT on BTM MAIN ROAD leading to SILK BOARD

Folks, a water pipe has burst near the Indian Oil Petrol Bunk near Silk Board, on the BTM Main Road. Usable road is single lane.
It took me a cool 30 mins to clear Silk Board from Lake Road at 6:30 AM. Things are goingto get worse. If possible, please avoid this route.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150924_063652264.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150924_063653712.jpg

Since no one has yet posted about this, I guess everyone is still stuck and not yet reached work.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 24th September 2015 at 08:16.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 08:02   #9278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
MASSIVE JAM ALERT on BTM MAIN ROAD leading to SILK BOARD

Folks, a water pipe has burst near the Indian Oil Petrol Bunk near Silk Board, on the BTM Main Road. Usable road is single lane.
It took me a cool 30 mins to clear Silk Board from Lake Road at 6:30 AM. Things are goingto get worse. If possible, please avoid this route.
I too got royally stuck for good 30mins in BWSSB mess and add to that BTM AXA signal was having a mind of its own with everyone trying to squeeze in. I am happy that I decided to leave early and feel pity for those who are still stuck in the jam.
Old 24th September 2015, 08:03   #9279
BHPian

Jam is still very much there now. Took me 25 min from Jayadeva flyover at 7:05 to reach the lane before BP bunk opp udupi gardens towards maruti nagar. The short cut from udupi garden via Jaibhima nagar to Silk board junction was free and avoided the repair work zone ( which was still underway at 7:45)
Old 24th September 2015, 08:37   #9280
BHPian

My bad. I missed seeing this and am stuck on Jayadeva flyover for the past 30min. I see the traffic jam below the flyover towards dairy circle as well. Anyone starting now from South Bangalore and needs to go towards Sarjapur, Outer Ring Road or EC, expect big delays.
aravindr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 08:53   #9281
Senior - BHPian

I am also stuck on jayadeva flyover for the past 30 mins. Looks like a great start to the long weekend
Old 24th September 2015, 09:06   #9282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
My bad. I missed seeing this and am stuck on Jayadeva flyover for the past 30min. I see the traffic jam below the flyover towards dairy circle as well. Anyone starting now from South Bangalore and needs to go towards Sarjapur, Outer Ring Road or EC, expect big delays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I am also stuck on jayadeva flyover for the past 30 mins. Looks like a great start to the long weekend
Both of you, call and hire a Private Chopper and take off from Jayadeva Flyover
Old 24th September 2015, 09:15   #9283
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I was stuck this morning and reached office more than an hour late. I initially thought that some idiot was digging up the road causing the jam. Usually It would take an hour for me to reach office by bus and today it took two hours.
In addition to this, traffic was slow from Marathahalli Bridge to Graphite India signal which caused further delay. I take the bus on the last day of the week. Had I known this, I would have gone via my car route, ie KR Puram.

Missed breakfast at office too

Last edited by audioholic : 24th September 2015 at 09:33.
Old 24th September 2015, 09:28   #9284
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The BTM situation explains why traffic was free from HSR to ecospace. It took me just 15 min. I was wondering if some offices are closed for Bakrid.
Old 24th September 2015, 10:29   #9285
Senior - BHPian

A new record for me today.Took me 2Hr 05Mins to travel 9.8Kms to my office in Koramangala from Bannerghatta road.

I initially thought the mosque road is blocked near Jayadeva Hospital, so I didn't think twice and took the flyover.

All said and done, I am really happy with my decision to buy E2O which as a co-incidence was booked exactly an year ago on 24th September. I could just crawl in the traffic with AC running with some awesome tunes amidst all the chaos without worrying about fuel economy or changing gears.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks