Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:11   #8521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Whitefielders beware, our friendly civic agency BWSSB has struck yet again
Big Bazaar signal to ABB junction via Hoodi Road, ATM junction took an hour!

This was around 4:50pm when I reached the ABB junction.
It is still the same. Or I can say even worse. Presently stuck in the same jam and took me over 30 min to travel from hoodi signal to Bhagini (a distance of 500m approx). I am yet to reach the T - junction and am sure it's not going to be any time sooner.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1435844330314.jpg
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:01   #8522
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
For the past three days I get stuck on my way home to the mess that is Ecospace road and part of ORR which is so painful and will be getting worse with one more IT park set to open in between Intel and Ecospace. Apart from that there is a hotel-like property coming up which means more cabs and more mess. Apart from that in my tech park (RMZ Ecoworld) there are 24x7 operations of ANZ and Oracle ramping up. I wonder what kind of chaos is going to happen in the coming days.
What angers me is that the administration is not doing anything at all. All the security guards control road outside the gate of the tech parks as though it is their dominion and regulate traffic quite hopelessly.
The least that can be done is improve the tarmac so that at least broken roads , slower traffic is reduced somewhat.
I dont think the situation will improve. In the first place the flyovers at Bellandur should have been a continuous stretch as against what it is today. That would have solved the traffic problem to a great extent.
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:22   #8523
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope all stakeholders learn from the mess in the south and be proactive about Manyata II as and when it comes up. It will be much bigger than the existing one with very good infrastructure.
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:52   #8524
BHPian

I think a workaround might be in the offing under the Intel and Bellandur flyovers. Opposite to Intel the drains have been broken open probably to allow traffic coming out of ecoworld Intel and bound for maratahalli to turn and not head into the mess near Ecospace.....but seeing the lethargy and lack of planning it might be a while. Also the last couple of days traffic jams were due to ORRCA buses coming out of Intel and maratahalli bound were a bit late and the cop sent them toward Ecospace causing the long lines....just got this info from a colleague

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 2nd July 2015 at 20:54.
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:06   #8525
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resh@22 View Post
It is still the same. Or I can say even worse. Presently stuck in the same jam and took me over 30 min to travel from hoodi signal to Bhagini (a distance of 500m approx).
It was exactly like this when I was at the same place but for the streetlights

I thought seeing my post, folks would take some other alternative route (turn beside BP Petrol pump-Hoodi Railway overbridge-Devasandra-KR Puram ?).
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:36   #8526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think a workaround might be in the offing under the Intel and Bellandur flyovers. Opposite to Intel the drains have been broken open probably to allow traffic coming out of ecoworld Intel and bound for maratahalli to turn and not head into the mess near Ecospace.....but seeing the lethargy and lack of planning it might be a while.
Actually it is for an overbridge that Intel and others are sponsoring
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 23:20   #8527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
People simply don't understand that driving on the wrong lane is not going to help ease the flow of traffic.
Seriously. The worst part is, if person A sees person B go ahead by not being in the right lane or by cutting through a queue, the next time person A will do the same thing. The intensity of this problem increases exponentially.
The other thing I've notice mainly two wheelers and cab drivers do is, when I switch on the left indicator, being on the left most lane to make a turn, they'll try to overtake me from the left side. This is one thing that actually gets on to my nerves. How stupid/blind can you be to not be able to think at all!
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:02   #8528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It was exactly like this when I was at the same place but for the streetlights

I thought seeing my post, folks would take some other alternative route (turn beside BP Petrol pump-Hoodi Railway overbridge-Devasandra-KR Puram ?).
True, Hoodi-Devasandra-K.R Puram would have been better alternative yesterday. I wish I could have done that, but since I travel in office cab the routes are fixed! Am sure many others would have benefited by seeing your post.
What surprised me was the divider opposite ABB was ripped off and that spot being used as a Junction sans signal
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:29   #8529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Actually it is for an overbridge that Intel and others are sponsoring
Overbridge ? From where to where ?? Thats interesting. Actually for the last two days I have seen one woman just digging some mud. So I thought they would flatten it and the chaos will only increase.
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:43   #8530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Overbridge ? From where to where ??
Guess what Ajmat was mentioning about is about the plan for a foot over-bridge.
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:47   #8531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Guess what Ajmat was mentioning about is about the plan for a foot over-bridge.
Perhaps but I don't see pedestrians have any trouble in those spots , since the vehicles are at a standstill or slow moving at best. So crossing is never a challenge.
I was kinda hoping to see vehicles from Intel , Ecoworld being allowed to turn towards Marathahalli rather than go all the way upto Bellandur junction and turn back. However given the wonderfully hopeless ideas that the administration gets it could be a completely useless foot overbridge that might come up which no will use.

A foot overbridge is badly needed opposite Ecospace.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:00   #8532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think a workaround might be in the offing under the Intel and Bellandur flyovers. Opposite to Intel the drains have been broken open probably to allow traffic coming out of ecoworld Intel and bound for maratahalli to turn and not head into the mess near Ecospace.....but seeing the lethargy and lack of planning it might be a while. Also the last couple of days traffic jams were due to ORRCA buses coming out of Intel and maratahalli bound were a bit late and the cop sent them toward Ecospace causing the long lines....just got this info from a colleague
I saw this under the Belandur flyover. The lane on the inside of the flyover when coming from Marathahalli side is anyways closed and it is a wasted road space. The idea seems to be to open a U Turn before the Belandur Junction from the Ecospace side service road (Opposite the Chef Bakers bakery) and use both the lanes between the flyovers to take traffic towards Marathahalli side.

I think this is a good idea and will help the Ecospace traffic take U Turns and move faster. There will be a small choke point to get the lane from Marathahalli side aligned in the opposite direction.

Note: This is just an assumption. For all we know, someone might be doing this to enable some more parking space under the flyovers.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:05   #8533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I saw this under the Belandur flyover. The lane on the inside of the flyover when coming from Marathahalli side is anyways closed and it is a wasted road space. The idea seems to be to open a U Turn before the Belandur Junction from the Ecospace side service road (Opposite the Chef Bakers bakery) and use both the lanes between the flyovers to take traffic towards Marathahalli side.

I think this is a good idea and will help the Ecospace traffic take U Turns and move faster. There will be a small choke point to get the lane from Marathahalli side aligned in the opposite direction.

Note: This is just an assumption. For all we know, someone might be doing this to enable some more parking space under the flyovers.
Yes that sounds more or less what I had guessed. Well some drastic measures are definitely called for to unchoke the choked. I think they will also have signals under the flyovers. Well since we are on the topic of Bellandur flyover (rather the road under it) , its really an interesting spot. Interesting from the perspective of guessing which vehicle will turn where and how you escape unscratched. I mean we would have to apply some mathematical theory of randomness to guess the outcome
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:19   #8534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
its really an interesting spot. Interesting from the perspective of guessing which vehicle will turn where and how you escape unscratched. I mean we would have to apply some mathematical theory of randomness to guess the outcome
Good one. Yes, if one wants to test reflexes and quality of your neck, eyes and vision, under the belandur flyover is the place to be. There are 7-8 entry and exit points to this junction and gives rise to n number of combinations (56 flows if my permutation mathematics is correct) .

This is with one lane closed and the main traffic going above. They installed traffic lights 3 months back, but I think they are still trying to figure out on how to schedule it.

For some period of time, there were 3 cops and 2 wardens trying to manage the traffic. Now I think they realize it is best to let it be random chaos.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:52   #8535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Good one. Yes, if one wants to test reflexes and quality of your neck, eyes and vision, under the belandur flyover is the place to be. There are 7-8 entry and exit points to this junction and gives rise to n number of combinations (56 flows if my permutation mathematics is correct) .

This is with one lane closed and the main traffic going above. They installed traffic lights 3 months back, but I think they are still trying to figure out on how to schedule it.

For some period of time, there were 3 cops and 2 wardens trying to manage the traffic. Now I think they realize it is best to let it be random chaos.
Doddenakundi total mall junction also becoming like this, with almost 9 entry and exit points .
One should be extremely careful not to get hit/scratched/rear ended and what not.

Most Viewed