Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 22:12   #8656
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

A few changes done near Ecospace service road from yesterday. The Entry to EcoSpace from the main road (after coming down from Intel FO) is closed, meaning one has to take the service road from Intel (Devarabisanahalli itself).

The Exit from Bosch side to the main road (crossing the service road to the foot of Bellandur FO) is closed.

These changes put severe stress on the service road. It may take a couple of days to stabilize and see the results, but from the initial observation, it made little better for some but made it worse for many.
Old 30th July 2015, 07:39   #8657
Senior - BHPian

Traffic / Accident Alert:

Nasty accident at foot of HSR flyover, betwee Truck and Esteem
Lane towards silkboard though. Curious onlookers have choked both lanes.
The Esteem has spun 360 deg.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 09:26   #8658
Distinguished - BHPian

Extremely slow moving traffic at Marathahalli- kundanahalli. Took 30 min to Move from one end of the flyover to the other end. I joined in from ORR, looks backed up a long way towards HAL side.

One reason, they have dug up the area around the median at the bottom of the flyover for the pedestrian bridge. Expect an already bad area to become worse till its done.

Only good thing. I decided to take an uber today and hence did not have to drive/ ride through the madness today.
Old 30th July 2015, 09:31   #8659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
A few changes done near Ecospace service road from yesterday. The Entry to EcoSpace from the main road (after coming down from Intel FO) is closed, meaning one has to take the service road from Intel (Devarabisanahalli itself).

The Exit from Bosch side to the main road (crossing the service road to the foot of Bellandur FO) is closed.

These changes put severe stress on the service road. It may take a couple of days to stabilize and see the results, but from the initial observation, it made little better for some but made it worse for many.
Hey I am suffering from this since Monday. I thought on Monday it might be some sort of breakdown and took another road. For the next two days it was the same. Yesterday I dared to enter the traffic to find out and looked that the genius traffic cops had changed the usual system of Ecospace entry and exit. This caused a cascading effect everywhere from Bellandur junction to Intel junction on both sides. Lots of people hitting service roads leaving the main road and causing further problems. I passed back on the Ring at 10 and the situation was still chaotic in the direction of Sarjapur to Maratahalli.
The traffic cops have to revert this else its going to be a big nuisance.
I wonder why they did not realise the mistake on Monday itself.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:10   #8660
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The only exit from NBTL Expressway are these:

1. Soon after the toll booth for NICE
2. Nelemangala Town Exit
3. NH4-NH48 Junction Exit
Thanks Parag. What confuses me even more is the presence of toll booths on these service lanes, so if I take the exit just after elevated road toll, I need to pay a toll on the service road too before making a U-turn ahead towards Golden Palms ?
Also, how to identify the place to make the U-turn ? Any landmark ?
Old 30th July 2015, 10:33   #8661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks Parag. What confuses me even more is the presence of toll booths on these service lanes, so if I take the exit just after elevated road toll, I need to pay a toll on the service road too before making a U-turn ahead towards Golden Palms ?
Also, how to identify the place to make the U-turn ? Any landmark ?
No NPV, there are no tolls for service lanes. The tolls are present for people who are willing to join the elevated toll road so not worry.

For the U-turn, take the underpass right after the Himalaya Drug company, which should be your landmark. After the U-turn first left should lead you to Golden Palms which is on Huskur Road.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 12:06   #8662
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
No NPV, there are no tolls for service lanes. The tolls are present for people who are willing to join the elevated toll road so not worry.

For the U-turn, take the underpass right after the Himalaya Drug company, which should be your landmark. After the U-turn first left should lead you to Golden Palms which is on Huskur Road.
Thanks. So I take elevated road, get down, pay toll and take immediate exit to service road. Go past Himalaya Drugs campus, make a U-turn and then make a left turn onto Huskur Road. Correct ?
Old 30th July 2015, 13:34   #8663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks. So I take elevated road, get down, pay toll and take immediate exit to service road. Go past Himalaya Drugs campus, make a U-turn and then make a left turn onto Huskur Road. Correct ?
Yes you are right

One more suggestion if you are travelling early in the day, you still can take the service road as traffic will be sparse, reach the nice road toll gate carry on in the service lane and take U-turn after Himalaya Drug company and left to Huskur road. One thing you need to keep in mind is the speed breakers which are placed at engineer's will and the oncoming traffic, especially trucks & 2 wheelers.
Old 30th July 2015, 16:06   #8664
BHPian

Adding to it please be careful of two wheelers, long haul trucks and cabbies coming in the wrong direction. They suddenly come out of nowhere. Caution please...
Old 30th July 2015, 18:21   #8665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hey I am suffering from this since Monday. I thought on Monday it might be some sort of breakdown and took another road. For the next two days it was the same. Yesterday I dared to enter the traffic to find out and looked that the genius traffic cops had changed the usual system of Ecospace entry and exit. This caused a cascading effect everywhere from Bellandur junction to Intel junction on both sides. Lots of people hitting service roads leaving the main road and causing further problems. I passed back on the Ring at 10 and the situation was still chaotic in the direction of Sarjapur to Maratahalli.

The traffic cops have to revert this else its going to be a big nuisance.

I wonder why they did not realise the mistake on Monday itself.

Same condition near ecospace as last 3 days. Couldnt these cops still figure out that their plan is dumb? Why are they so incompetent?
Old 30th July 2015, 18:57   #8666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Same condition near ecospace as last 3 days. Couldnt these cops still figure out that their plan is dumb? Why are they so incompetent?
The service road till Ecospace was much better today and even now I see that its not choked (google traffic). Even the main road is better, but all the pileup is happening between Akme and Bellandur(just the hump).
Old 30th July 2015, 19:05   #8667
Senior - BHPian

Telecom companies given free hand in the city and it is showing. The entire EPIP area is covered with ditches dug by the telecom mafia.
http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/a...ging-bangalore
Old 31st July 2015, 09:51   #8668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The service road till Ecospace was much better today and even now I see that its not choked (google traffic). Even the main road is better, but all the pileup is happening between Akme and Bellandur(just the hump).
That hump is really useless. It has to go.

I think with 3 days of learning the common commuters have managed to avoid this horrid service road. However the cops must be happy that their plan worked and would make this permanent. People learn , when will the cops learn ?
Old 31st July 2015, 12:59   #8669
Senior - BHPian

There was an accident today at around 11 : 30 AM on the EC elevated highway. Traffic was blocked for good 20 mins. Any body have information about the accident? Hope nobody was seriously injured.
Old 31st July 2015, 14:28   #8670
Senior - BHPian

Motorist rolls on road to avoid fine
Quote:
Bengaluru: High drama unfolded at Cubbon Park when the RTO stopped a vehicle, with Andhra Pradesh registration number plate, as part of its regular drive. The driver was not carrying any papers with him and adopted all sorts of tricks to avoid getting fined.

Initially he screamed at the RTO officials, then rolled on the road, much to the dismay of other motorists. Soon a crowd gathered to watch the drama. Joint Commissioner L. Narendra Holkar said, “Neither did he have driving licence nor any vehicle documents. Initially he screamed and questioned officials as to who gave them the authority to stop him.

He also yelled — ‘shoot me, kill me’.”Then he told officials that he was a doctor and his wife was in hospital. But later he said she has been discharged. Then he said he was a social worker. He again changed tack and said he was a lawyer and was here for a MACT case in the court. He also claimed he had 10 kg gold in his car and when I asked him for receipts, he began rolling on the ground. “As he began rolling on the ground, I got worried. What if he got hit by some vehicle,” Holkar said. He even banged his head on the ground, removed his clothes, all to escape the penalty!

Most Viewed