Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 12:15   #8806
JD1
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Did they start entry to Ecospace from ORR again? There were tons of vehicles trying to get off ORR from right side under Ecospace flyover and then the usual cabs, autos and 2-wheelers trying to form another lane blocking entrance of the flyover. So even though the flyover was free, we had to change lane while entering the flyover to avoid those vehicles.
Similarly at the Kadubeesanahalli underpass entry, there was a car on left lane which was perpendicular to the flow of traffic trying to get onto service road (left side service road) thereby blocking one lane of the underpass entry.

Also saw that the service road between Sarjapur junction and Central mall was redone and no more does it look like a kaccha road. There wasn't any traffic too on that service road in the morning
(All observations between 9:20 and 9:45 am).
Old 12th August 2015, 15:15   #8807
BHPian

Stuck on the Richmond flyover for more than an hour. The entire stretch leading towards brigade & Bangalore central junction is jam packed. Not sure what's the cause of this at this time of the day
Old 12th August 2015, 16:26   #8808
Distinguished - BHPian

ITPL Experts. If I leave from around the Big Bazaar/Zuri area around 6.30 PM, what would be a good estimate of the time it will take to cross KR Puram and get into OMR towards Indiranagar side.
Old 12th August 2015, 17:02   #8809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
ITPL Experts. If I leave from around the Big Bazaar/Zuri area around 6.30 PM, what would be a good estimate of the time it will take to cross KR Puram and get into OMR towards Indiranagar side.
Should take you a hour in a car - bike probably 15 minutes faster.

PS. The U turn after Baiyappanahalli seems to be working well. I traveled through this (both ways) today and it did not seem to cause much problems at all. For a change - Good Job!

Last edited by pratyush6 : 12th August 2015 at 17:05.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:15   #8810
JD1
BHPian

Leaving ITPL at 4:45-5pm was a safe bet earlier to reach HSR by 6pm in car. Today was another bad day. Took 1 hour just to reach ORR (by taking inner small roads and merging ORR near Rainbow hospital/opp. Surya Nissan). Marathahalli was bad, Kadubeesanahalli underpass was surprisingly good and the twin flyovers were bad as usual. Reached HSR at 6:45! I have to now find another safe time slot to leave office. How I wish they fix Nalurahalli road which would be ideal to avoid SAP Labs/Graphite India road inspite of being a km or 2 longer.
Old 12th August 2015, 20:26   #8811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Leaving ITPL at 4:45-5pm was a safe bet earlier to reach HSR by 6pm in car. Today was another bad day. Took 1 hour just to reach ORR (by taking inner small roads and merging ORR near Rainbow hospital/opp. Surya Nissan). Marathahalli was bad, Kadubeesanahalli underpass was surprisingly good and the twin flyovers were bad as usual. Reached HSR at 6:45! I have to now find another safe time slot to leave office. How I wish they fix Nalurahalli road which would be ideal to avoid SAP Labs/Graphite India road inspite of being a km or 2 longer.
Even my office is in ITPL and i commute by office cab. Earlier after leaving ITPL campus by 3 45 PM, I used to reach my home in bommanahalli by 4 25-4 30 PM.
Now a days I reach home between 4 45 - 5 PM. Traffic has also increased considerably around 4 PM mark.
The best bet would be work from home but not all companies agree to it.
Old 12th August 2015, 20:46   #8812
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That time is bad, it could take you between 45 minutes to an hour or more easily, god forbid one of those trucks or buses breaks down en route like it happened recently, then you're looking at longer times
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 21:32   #8813
Senior - BHPian

Beware of two things on the Nallurahalli road.

1. School and corporate buses / vans - especially as the "INFANTS" cab operator guy has his parking yard somewhere around this road

2. The railway level crossing is quite busy and at certain times you can be stuck for 45 minutes just waiting for the gate to open

Quote:
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 21:36   #8814
Senior - BHPian

The new set up at NGEF-OMR-Suranjandas Rd has made a huge difference in peak hour traffic at the signals.

I work at Bagmane Tech park and used to be stuck at the OMR signal while heading to work around 1p , although not that bad. But the return used to be a long wait at Suranjandas signal which led the signal jam pile up to HAL gate.
This used to be the case starting from early evening upto around 930.
Last few days I noticed there is almost no pile ups at the signal and the signal wait time is reduced due to that as well.

And the main difference being , no jam on the opposite side towards KR Puram. Every night when I head back I could see traffic piled up from the signal all the way to Indiranagar 100ft road signal.

Took me just 20 mins to get home by car from the usual 30-35 minutes. Of course I was lucky there was no jam on the Byapanahlalli road leading to the railwaygate.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:06   #8815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

1. School and corporate buses / vans - especially as the "INFANTS" cab operator guy has his parking yard somewhere around this road

2. The railway level crossing is quite busy and at certain times you can be stuck for 45 minutes just waiting for the gate to open
Where is the level crossing on the Nallurahalli road?

Infants has parking lots at a lot of places. A few months back a large fire had destroyed several parked vehicles at one of their lots near Murugesh Palya.

Infants has some of the most egregious traffic violators on the roads of Bangalore.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:09   #8816
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

The Nallurahalli is next to that borewell road, right?

Isn't the one with railway tracks you are referring Chinnapanahalli main road?
Railway track itself is a problem if you are stuck - more because of the bikers blocking both sides but nowadays it's after the track crossing (going to ITPL in morning) that is a problem - the right turn after Chinnapanahalli main road. Again it's due to bikers who block other side causing a massive gridlock.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:45   #8817
BHPian

Not sure if this is posted somewhere else - Jayadeva flyover will be demolished to save private properties that would've had to be cleared for Metro construction.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../48444419.cms?
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 02:50   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Sorry yes the track is across the chinnapana halli road. Nallurahalli has nothing much other than yes, an infants parking lot and extremely bad roads.

That right turn is horrible, yes.

Quote:
The Nallurahalli is next to that borewell road, right?

Isn't the one with railway tracks you are referring Chinnapanahalli main road?
Railway track itself is a problem if you are stuck - more because of the bikers blocking both sides but nowadays it's after the track crossing (going to ITPL in morning) that is a problem - the right turn after Chinnapanahalli main road. Again it's due to bikers who block other side causing a massive gridlock.
Old 13th August 2015, 06:57   #8819
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to mention one more thing - look at taking the Devasandra route as an alternative, especially if you're on a 2 wheeler. When returning from ITPL, make a right turn after Zuri, to the road beside the BP petrol bunk on the right. This will get you to the Hoodi Railway over bridge via the back roads. From there you get to Devasandra and then near the KR Puram market, will save some time unless some real stroke to bad luck hits and this route gets clogged.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 08:38   #8820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
U-turn and Right turns were prohibited for a very long time and the signs also installed on the median. However, they were allowing vehicles to go straight across the road from Beniganahalli to Nagavrapalya and vice-versa and these guys were allowed to make right turns as well - this was the main problem so vehicles in the other direction just did not heed the No right and No U-turn rule!
Next, they tried using couple of barricades of block half the junction to prevent these Right and U-turn rule breakers. Did not work, so finally they blocked the entire junction and this has brought much relief there finally.
Of course the odd cyclists, 2 wheelers and autos still sneak in but still much better than earlier chaos.
Now that they have blocked that junction ideally they should allow a safe U-turn just after Big bazaar but that has also not been done. People try to take u-turns against speeding traffic moving straight. Extremely dangerous. I had written to BTP more than a year back to allow a proper U-turn. They said they would look into it but no action taken.

Quote:
I think it would be much faster to get into Hoodi and then Devasandra main road. This will lead you to KR puram. Then over the cable stayed bridge you will get to Tin factory. This is much faster compared to the traditional route. Devasandra main road has several parked vehicles but you would keep moving constantly. I usually use this route if I am going towards Indiranagar in the evenings. To reach Hoodi you need to take a U-turn at the petrol pump on the ITPL main road.

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2015 at 10:08. Reason: Back to back post merged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks