Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 20:29   #8836
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Today left office around 4.55 and took 20 minutes to reach the ABB junction via Hoodi Road and ATM junction. Reason ? BBMP had 2 trucks parked on extreme left of the road near ATM junction and were asphalting the patches to cover the dug up portions of the recent BWSSB piping work! Therr was a traffic police jeep also next to the trucks but the mess was bad.
Unbelievably it took just 15 minutes to reach home from ABB Junction.

Last edited by NPV : 13th August 2015 at 20:31.
Old 14th August 2015, 10:21   #8837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
the mess was bad. Unbelievably it took just 15 minutes to reach home from ABB Junction.
I too was stuck at this location at around the same time, basically inching forward till I made the right U Turn towards ABB intersection. It was bad. Both the lanes of traffic coming from Hoodi were piled up.

On the brighter side, it was a relatively smooth run after clearing this mess. No jam at the Honda showroom signal, tin factory and even old madras road. The drive home was much better yesterday.
Old 14th August 2015, 11:14   #8838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Sometimes I feel the mind is not applied when making stuff.
Not 'sometimes' my friend, mind is never used for right purpose while building public utilities in India. Minds are always busy working on how to milk the projects for vested interests.

Sorry for the rant but couldn't control
Acharya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 11:35   #8839
Senior - BHPian

Finally, some positive news in the morning!

Looks like RTO officials were penalizing two wheelers without rear view mirrors and defective number plates.

The reasons *cough cough* were even more silly.

Quote:
When stopped, the riders gave reasons why they had removed the mirrors: "Side mirrors spoil the look of bikes''; "We can ride well without the mirrors"; "We are not aware of the rule and till now no policemen have booked us."
Can the same rule be applied to cars and bikes that have the mirrors, but have folded them and render them unusable?

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../48473599.cms?

They were fined Rs. 300 and made to wait for an hour while they were listening to lectures about safety!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 14th August 2015 at 11:39.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 11:59   #8840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Finally, some positive news in the morning!
That's really some good news, I get really frustated when I see two wheelers without rear view mirrors and going at 40KM/h on the right side of the road. They do not bother for vehicles behind and we have to overtake them from the left. I am really happy about the rules being implemented by the cops.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 12:04   #8841
Senior - BHPian

The Nallurahalli road from Shell Petrol Pump on Varthur road to Borewell road seems to be closed for repair. Any update on this?
Old 14th August 2015, 12:15   #8842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The Nallurahalli road from Shell Petrol Pump on Varthur road to Borewell road seems to be closed for repair. Any update on this?
Yesterday my office cab (Tavera) took this route to go to Marathahalli and beyond only to be sent back by other vehicles coming that way. As of today i do not have any updates.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 12:29   #8843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
That's really some good news, I get really frustated when I see two wheelers without rear view mirrors and going at 40KM/h on the right side of the road. They do not bother for vehicles behind and we have to overtake them from the left. I am really happy about the rules being implemented by the cops.
I get really irritated too. I don't have an issue with them being daredevil wannabes. Risk your life as much as you like; it's your life either way. But this behaviour risks my life as well! I honk and use the pass signal like there is no tomorrow when I have to overtake these imbeciles. Why pass signal? These clowns may have plugged earphones into their ears too and will hopefully see the pass signal reflecting off of the vehicle in front.

This earphones trend has to stop. So many people cannot hear ambulances, honks, screams, nothing. The other day, a person was casually crossing the road and didn't even look both sides before starting to cross. I honked at him but to no avail. Why? His Majesty had earphones plugged in!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 13:01   #8844
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Wow that is good news if it's getting repaired. Even though it's a km or 2 longer, I find it better to reach ITPL as we can avoid the dreaded Graphite India junction.
Old 14th August 2015, 13:02   #8845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This earphones trend has to stop. So many people cannot hear ambulances, honks, screams, nothing. The other day, a person was casually crossing the road and didn't even look both sides before starting to cross. I honked at him but to no avail. Why? His Majesty had earphones plugged in!
Mate, Forget about people crossing the roads with earphones on. They do the same thing while crossing railway tracks.

They are engrossed in listening to the music that they cannot hear the honking of the locomotive.

Now do these morons expect the train to stop just like the other road vehicles do.??

The end result is they commit suicide. When i say suicide, i do not mean the case of people taking out their lives as the word means. These morons know the risk of crossing railway tracks. If they are so much obsessed with gadgets for listening to music, let them do so after crossing the tracks. Instead they listen to the music and cross the tracks very much aware of what can happen. Now is this not suicide???
Old 14th August 2015, 13:18   #8846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This really is a big big problem, especially with girls. Once an accident happened right in front of me. I was driving back home at around 9 PM (from EMC2 towards Bellandur) and right in front of Kalamandir I got dead slow as people keep crossing the road there. It was late so there wasnt much traffic and other activity. There was a girl who started crossing the road without even bothering to look if there was any traffic on the road! She was busy talking on the phone. I was in the rightmost lane and got dead slow to allow her to cross but she wasnt so lucky. A biker sped past my left (oblivious of her obviously) and hit her head on! It all happened in flash really. I think it was not a bad accident as the girl and the biker got up pretty soon. Maybe he had found time to apply brakes. His bike had fallen and suffered some broken parts, esp the fairing. It was really unfortunate for him as the girls stupidity must have left a hole in his pocket for the repairs of his bike!
Old 14th August 2015, 13:19   #8847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
They are engrossed in listening to the music that they cannot hear the honking of the locomotive.
Thats true. In fact according to this report, on average 3 people are killed in Delhi alone, on tracks.
Quote:
“Most deaths occur because people have earplugs on while crossing the tracks and are unable to hear the approaching train. We find around three bodies on the rail tracks almost every day and most of the dismembered bodies are found with earphones plugged in. Some eye-witnesses also tell us that the person got hit because he/she had earplugs in his ear,” said a police officer posted at the Old Delhi railway station.
Source: Earphones turn death trap on rail track

Last edited by msdivy : 14th August 2015 at 13:21.
Old 14th August 2015, 14:21   #8848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Yesterday my office cab (Tavera) took this route to go to Marathahalli and beyond only to be sent back by other vehicles coming that way. As of today i do not have any updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Wow that is good news if it's getting repaired. Even though it's a km or 2 longer, I find it better to reach ITPL as we can avoid the dreaded Graphite India junction.
I had taken this route on Aug 1st, Saturday. They were removing the top layer of the road (around 1 feet deep) using bulldozer. When I came via Varthur road last week, the entrance to the road near Shell was partly blocked with mud. Hence did not take the road.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 14:57   #8849
BHPian

Quote:
I had taken this route on Aug 1st, Saturday. They were removing the top layer of the road (around 1 feet deep) using bulldozer. When I came via Varthur road last week, the entrance to the road near Shell was partly blocked with mud. Hence did not take the road.
As of yesterday, both roads which connect Varthur road to Borewell road has been closed. The second road which runs parallel to nallaruhalli road was closed yesterday.
With traffic from both those roads spilling onto borewell road, yesterday evening at 4:30 it took 20-30 minutes to cross borewell road. The positive being, traffic on Varthur road leading to Varthur market has eased.
john.gt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 15:00   #8850
BHPian

Quote:
This road has been closed for road repairs for 2 weeks now and with the current pace of work I don't think it is opening any time soon.
They seem to be digging up a 2 feet pit on the whole carriage way. Not sure when they will finish their digging and start laying the road considering their very slow pace of work.

I stay on borewell road and with most of the vehicles taking this road as an alternative, it has become impossible to even come out of my apartment during peak hours!
SR71-Blackbird is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks