Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:33   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Went to ITPL today, am I glad I took the volvo, they have a knack in parting traffic!
I have to deal with these red monsters twice a day, every week day on old Airport road. Never been able to overtake one when on the move - the way they zig zag in traffic would shame some of our most accomplished bikers .

It's funny the way they start head banging behind you at traffic signals (they have soft suspension, so riding the clutch and braking shakes the whole bus lengthwise). I usually stop short of the vehicle ahead and move a couple of feet when this starts. Fortunately the BMTC decided against loud horns on these.

On a side note, is it only me or has the left lane become the fast lane in Bangalore? All the laggards are permanently on the right. Even buses have to overtake them from the left. Poor chaps on cycles get pushed off to the shoulder - ridiculous.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:43   #1307
Team-BHP Support

Volvos are the biggest menace on the roads these days, literally speaking. There are a number of times when i have cursed these monsters being driven by dim-witted morons.

At Kundanahalli junction, coming from Brookfields going towards Marathalli -> As everyone knows, there is a bus top immediately after turning onto the main road. Volvo is initially on the right lane before the turn, then nearly side swipes another Volvo's side mirror (guy brakes, and so escapes), then this guy cuts to the left lane to stop at the bus stop, suddenly decides he has had a change of mind, and then immediately cuts to the right lane again... all this almost climbing over my car which was now in the right lane!

I brake hard to avoid being trampled upon, curse and move on.
Soon enough there is another Volvo in the rear view mirror who decides to breathe down my car's boot, quite frantically. I change lanes, let him go smell someone else's.

Seriously, whatever are they trying to prove?
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:44   #1308
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
does anyone know whats going on with IRR traffic jams? IRR used to be empty at 1030am but is now choked all the way in 1st gear traffic!
Fire at Carlton Towers. Its bad man. Please stay back in office. There is already a lot of chaos. Please inform everyone in your building to not ake that road or Domlur road and divert.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:56   #1309
BHPian

hope this works

Guys,
check out this link.

Now, video clippings to show how you violated traffic

I really hope that this works and lessens the number of signal jumps in bangalore.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:01   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Guys,
check out this link.

I really hope that this works and lessens the number of signal jumps in bangalore.
I dont have much hope of this working. Nothing will work unless the Cops actually start enforcing rules instead of hiding after corners and behind trees to collect fines.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:03   #1311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
On a side note, is it only me or has the left lane become the fast lane in Bangalore? All the laggards are permanently on the right. Even buses have to overtake them from the left. Poor chaps on cycles get pushed off to the shoulder - ridiculous.
I had posted the same thing in some of the threads. Somehow, I feel the North-Bangalore side, specially the whitefield road has this rule developed. If you have to move, you got to overtake from left. Someone spotted me doing this on the whitefeild road, and didn't forget to bring his concern here, saying I was driving Rash.

Anyways, The red buses are ruling the road in this side of Bangalore. You CAN not overtake them. They make sure they cover the whole road while driving the Monster. The overtaking from left has been a trend because, our public carriers think they Own the right lane. This road is very risky for 2 wheelers.

Seeing the road conditions, I am planning to buy proper riding gears for daily commute to office by my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas
Guys,
check out this link.

I don't think this will help a lot. The main culprits "Public carrier drivers" wont even know about the cameras and continue with their hobby of breaking rules.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 23rd February 2010 at 17:08.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:15   #1312
BHPian

I have done one mod on my bike and that is upgrading the bike's horns to bosch (didn't want to go for roosters)! I usually get way by the bus drivers.

Anyways, the thing is that these private vehicles will probably get caught once after which they would change the way the drive or at least I hope that they change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I had posted the same thing in some of the threads. Somehow, I feel the North-Bangalore side, specially the whitefield road has this rule developed. If you have to move, you got to overtake from left. Someone spotted me doing this on the whitefeild road, and didn't forget to bring his concern here, saying I was driving Rash.

Anyways, The red buses are ruling the road in this side of Bangalore. You CAN not overtake them. They make sure they cover the whole road while driving the Monster. The overtaking from left has been a trend because, our public carriers think they Own the right lane. This road is very risky for 2 wheelers.

Seeing the road conditions, I am planning to buy proper riding gears for daily commute to office by my bike.

I don't think this will help a lot. The main culprits "Public carrier drivers" wont even know about the cameras and continue with their hobby of breaking rules.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:18   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Fire at Carlton Towers. Its bad man. Please stay back in office. There is already a lot of chaos. Please inform everyone in your building to not ake that road or Domlur road and divert.
hey is this the current situation now at 5:15 PM? Please let me know as i need to go to the EGL office today from Manyata
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:20   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
hey is this the current situation now at 5:15 PM? Please let me know as i need to go to the EGL office today from Manyata
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ble-sight.html
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:22   #1315
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Fire started at around 1630 hours. Domlur circle is totally cutoff. IRR should be blocked for miles. Airport road traffic block will be hitting HAL airport by now.

EGL should be totally unaccessible. Please cancel your trip.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:38   #1316
BHPian

Guys looks like there are some serious issues on old airport road - stuck here for 1hr - only firebrigades and police cars going on opp side in wrong direction
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:49   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Guys looks like there are some serious issues on old airport road - stuck here for 1hr - only firebrigades and police cars going on opp side in wrong direction
Just look at 2 posts above yours. Link to the cause of the Jams.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:46   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Just look at 2 posts above yours. Link to the cause of the Jams.
apologies- was stuck in car with tiny bberry screen - just wanted to alert fellow bhpians

@spitfire - my morning post was related to daily jams on IRR in morning - i guess there is some work beyond domlur flyover causing this!

Last edited by jassi : 23rd February 2010 at 18:48.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:50   #1319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
does anyone know whats going on with IRR traffic jams? IRR used to be empty at 1030am but is now choked all the way in 1st gear traffic!
I saw that they have introduced a U-Turn when I was towards Indiranagar in the morning. In the evening it was not there. But that was at 8 in the morning. Even then traffic was slowly building up.

PS: I never take any road at 10:30AM in Bangalore Not worth the effort ! Prefer to stay indoors.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:31   #1320
BHPian

^^ you mean after the domlur flyover on indra nagar side? that could be a reason for traffic jams on IRR in mornings! But whats stranger is authorities don't understand the impact of this stupidity!

I always found 1030am relatively empty as compared to the peak morning hour of 9-10am

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks