Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 11:25   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Hurrycane, you did the right thing!
You tried your best to avoid the confrontation, but that cabbie moron asked for it & got it!
I hope I never get into such shunts esp with Cabbies & Autowallahs, as they test our patience to the limit!
Old 16th February 2010, 12:48   #1247
BHPian

^^ hurrycane - thats a bad scene - good you came out of it without getting into legal hassles!
This is exactly the situation we all try and avoid.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:03   #1248
Team-BHP Support

Hurrycane, you're lucky the cops took you guys in, and ended chances of other cabbies joining the melee. And the fact that the cab employee decided to take the risk and do the right thing by speaking the truth also saved you. Most dont bother, and pretend nothing happened.

Had other cabbies and morons joined in, you'd end up similar to my situation as mentioned in this_thread .
Old 16th February 2010, 13:27   #1249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
When I turned my back to get into my car this chap had the audacity to hurl punches at my back and my neck. I turned back to defend myself but things took an ugly turn and I had no option but to retaliate. He ended with a broken cheek bone and a nose. I had few bruises on my forehead, neck and back.
Thank you. These people need a nice lesson.

Didn't other people interfere?

One morning, something similar happened to a guy in Wagon R. It was the Indicab's fault, and after a small arguement the Wagon R left. I was just behind them and noticed that once the Wagon R left, the indicab driver picked up one roudy in his cab and started chasing the Wagon R. The road is too narrow, so he was not able to overtake. Somehow, I felt that this Wagon R guy did not know he is being chased... I had ample time in hand so thought of chase the cab and check what disaster he is planning.

Finally the cab was able to catch the Wagon R in the ring road, and stopped him. The wagon R guy was a North Indian so you can understand the situation. Soon there was a huge crowd and it seemed things were going against this Wagon R guy. I guess the guy was getting late for office and was very tensed. After watching the scene for sometime, I interfered and told the Indicab that I was behind him and saw "whose mistake it was" in HINDI. Reason the crowd did not go wild on me and believed me was because I was with my girlfriend and did not get down from my car. I asked the cab driver to take the wagon R's number and report it to police if he wants, and asked the guy in Wagon R to leave.

We need people to help people on road. Trust me, the person who is helped is really really thankful. So a kind request, please stop and give 10 minutes of your time if you see the guy getting thrashed out but not at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Hurrycane, you did the right thing!
You tried your best to avoid the confrontation, but that cabbie moron asked for it & got it!
I hope I never get into such shunts esp with Cabbies & Autowallahs, as they test our patience to the limit!
The autowallas are improving now, trust me. All they need is Money. But the Cab drivers, think they own the road and drive a 4000 CC car

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 16th February 2010 at 13:35. Reason: Grammatical mistakes
Old 16th February 2010, 14:08   #1250
BHPian

There is a recent campaign that we have only 1411 tigers left in our country. I wonder if anyone ever thought of how many Indians are left in India today !
For every small thing, we use our sub-Indian identities such as Maratha v/s Bihari, Kannadiga v/s Tamil and Northies, Bengalee v/s Gorkha, Hindu v/s Muslim, upper caste v/s lower caste and what not. We just need a smallest excuse to vent our disrespect and anger to any other community where we don't belong to. Where is an Indian ? Shall we start a hunt for that and try to save whatever little count we still have - who knows, we may have less Indians than we have tigers in our country !!
Old 16th February 2010, 20:35   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I think existing infrastructure itself is not being put to good use....
Even if the road is really wide, there are these autos/sumos/tempo travellers of call centers stopping side by side to pick up people (they run parellel public transport)...and they are honking all the time.....

And two wheelers feel they are in wonderla everyday...going in all possible directions... that too without helmets... (IDIOTS)

Lets not talk abt the traffic.... Its going to rain at night...so god knows whats in store for me on my way back.
Many a time I have seen that when cars see traffic (jam) ahead, they break lanes and go extreme left, even on the ground, ditch etc whatever may come. If it is two way, the other side is also encroached leaving no room for oncoming traffic.They leave no space for two wheelers or even people walking.
At my daily route, this is more of a rule rather than exception.
Old 16th February 2010, 23:51   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
There is a recent campaign that we have only 1411 tigers left in our country. I wonder if anyone ever thought of how many Indians are left in India today !
WELL SAID @sabynag.

Once we get over this and start respecting each other, it will show in everything we do including driving. You'll start seeing free left lanes, vehicles waiting at signal, stopping for pedestrians, less honking etc.

We "Indians" are like this because we care a DAMN about others.

-- Torqy
Old 17th February 2010, 00:03   #1253
Senior - BHPian

If push came to shove, and you had to get into a scuffle with a cabbie, I say inflict maximum damage!Might be a bad/wrong outlook, but in the end if you aren't at fault, no one has the right to manhandle you.Even if you are at fault,sanity must prevail (which is missing in 99.9% cabbies and autorickshaw drivers) and a consensus must be achieved verbally. I'm glad you broke that cabbie's cheek bone, Hurrycane.Serves him right.And what a coward to attack you from the back!
Old 17th February 2010, 08:57   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
sanity must prevail ........Serves him right.And what a coward to attack you from the back!
Correct. He learnt the hard way that when he is alone it takes more than the local language to win a street fight. It takes a lot of brawn as well.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:05   #1255
BHPian

Thanks Spitfire, Finneyp, Jassi, Ranjan, Nitin, Prince for your kind words. I hope I dont get into another such situation in the future

Benny: I had read your post earlier did not cross my mind that I could get into situation like this.

Yes some cabbies did stop and wanted to get into action but looking at the state of the cab driver they did not want to get involved. I was also lucky that a guy from my apartment who was passing by stopped and stood by me. At the cop station atleast 15-20 cabbies came in to see me and give cold stares. I was not detered by them infact i called some officials who are close family friends and their call to the cops made these guys disappear.

Cops did try to threaten me and also informed me and my Spouse (I informed her about the mess i was in) about several sections applicable, as per them damaging nose which is a sensory organ is a non-bailable offence. The cab driver was giving a different story to each and every person at the cop station and I stuck to what had actually happened and took responsibility for beating him up too.

I guess by accepting the truth the cops did believe me in some way.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 17th February 2010 at 09:06. Reason: added a line
Old 17th February 2010, 20:58   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Well,it goes to say that if you stand your ground, it does help in some situations. Hope your bruises have begun to heal.
Forget about the mess, and start each day with the proud feeling that you did not bow down to the atrocious behavior of another individual. Not many get to do this, and you've passed the test with flying colors. I hope each and every person who goes through this type of trauma handles the situation the way you did, and puts the wrong-doer in his/her right place!
Old 17th February 2010, 21:34   #1257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Well,it goes to say that if you stand your ground, it does help in some situations. Hope your bruises have begun to heal.
Forget about the mess, and start each day with the proud feeling that you did not bow down to the atrocious behavior of another individual. Not many get to do this, and you've passed the test with flying colors. I hope each and every person who goes through this type of trauma handles the situation the way you did, and puts the wrong-doer in his/her right place!
Have noticed this lately: These cowards only start bothering you when you are alone. Many a times these jobless try to bother you, but once you lower the 'Tinted' glass and they notice they are gonna get beaten black and blue they flee away
Old 18th February 2010, 11:10   #1258
BHPian

Thanks once again Nitin: I keep wondering we are very few of us with a mission to change & rectify these chaps and show them their place, but their tribe keeps increasing by the day.

How many of them can we change?

Fighting on the streets is the last thing one of us want to do.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:15   #1259
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks once again Nitin: I keep wondering we are very few of us with a mission to change & rectify these chaps and show them their place, but their tribe keeps increasing by the day.

How many of them can we change?

Fighting on the streets is the last thing one of us want to do.
Guess you were justified in defending yourself but either way what happens is that people in general including stupid cops take sides with the apparent underdog like the cab driver or auto driver. If you are in a four wheeler and knock down or brush a two wheeler even if the idiot is overtaking from the left, you are considered guilty. Its a problem and its best to avoid getting out of the car even if challenged by some one who you know will lose a fight with you. Since most of our stakes are higher( work, family responsibilities etc) best not to engage these nuts on the road, its pointless and serves no purpose. They are never going to change.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:08   #1260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Benny: I had read your post earlier did not cross my mind that I could get into situation like this.

Yes some cabbies did stop and wanted to get into action but looking at the state of the cab driver they did not want to get involved. I was also lucky that a guy from my apartment who was passing by stopped and stood by me. At the cop station atleast 15-20 cabbies came in to see me and give cold stares. I was not detered by them infact i called some officials who are close family friends and their call to the cops made these guys disappear.

Cops did try to threaten me and also informed me and my Spouse (I informed her about the mess i was in) about several sections applicable, as per them damaging nose which is a sensory organ is a non-bailable offence.
Check out the parts from your post which i have marked in bold, and then the part which i have also underlined. I hope you do realize that without the part underlined, you would have had a difficult time.

Anyway, good that you've put it behind you, and moved on with life. Whether that moron would have learnt a lesson or not is debatable, but he would remember the incident for sure!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks