Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 11:55   #1186
BHPian

Santro in fumes!

Yesterday, while coming from office, on ORR right after nagavara junction, I noticed this Santro emitting a lot of fumes from it's bonnet, as if, it's just out of a furnace. I saw the coolant leaking out - green liquid seeping out from under his bonnet. Initially I thought the owner is not aware. I shouted through his rolled-up windows and tried to reason that it's dangerous to drive like that, he should stop and get some help. However, he just waved his hand, nodded his head and turned away ignoring me.

I really think, it's dangerous to drive like that, in the middle of the crowded traffic. Not only himself but he puts other road users too in danger. I wonder, why people don't really care. Seems yet another IT guy.

Drive safe and have fun.

Cheers,
KK
Old 30th December 2009, 12:57   #1187
Team-BHP Support

00.30 hrs Xmas day

My inlaws, wife and child are returning from the midnight service on St Marks. Get onto St Marks Road. Plenty of cars double parked around Kabab Korner.

Drive on around 30km/h approaching the Vittal Mallya Junction. Suddenly , a blaze of blue dazzled my mirror and the roar of a Vtec.

I slow down to crawling pace - a Vtec whizzes on my right at 130 km/h (estimated). If I had merely swerved, he would have glanced off my Skoda and his car would have ended up as a temproary resident of Vijay Mallya's building on the corner while the driver would have been a permanent resident somewhere below.

Another older Vtec is chasing him. I slow down at the cash pharmacy junction to find tyres marks from the old Blue Bell sweet shop to the junction. He was not too far ahead - looks like he got his lines totally wrong.

He could have caused carnage that night.

Black Vtec with the Reg no 34 - your number will come soon but don't take us along with you
Old 30th December 2009, 14:05   #1188
BHPian

Bangalore Traffic at its best....This is what happens to traffic in whitefield area when it rains
Taken few months back near Hotel Mapple (Graphite India junction) towards Kundalahalli village

Bus came from wrong side
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image070.jpg

Then came in front of our car
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image072.jpg

As there was no option, we reversed our car and finally thats where the bus ends up trying to exit our lane and now see the best thing, when we gave way to bus, a tempo jumped in front of the bus
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image076.jpg
Old 30th December 2009, 22:27   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
00.30 hrs Xmas day

My inlaws, wife and child are returning from the midnight service on St Marks. Get onto St Marks Road. Plenty of cars double parked around Kabab Korner.

Drive on around 30km/h approaching the Vittal Mallya Junction. Suddenly , a blaze of blue dazzled my mirror and the roar of a Vtec.

I slow down to crawling pace - a Vtec whizzes on my right at 130 km/h (estimated). If I had merely swerved, he would have glanced off my Skoda and his car would have ended up as a temproary resident of Vijay Mallya's building on the corner while the driver would have been a permanent resident somewhere below.

Another older Vtec is chasing him. I slow down at the cash pharmacy junction to find tyres marks from the old Blue Bell sweet shop to the junction. He was not too far ahead - looks like he got his lines totally wrong.

Black Vtec with the Reg no 34 - your number will come soon but don't take us along with you
Definitely agree with you Ajmat, ive had a bad experience with this same Vtec once on Richmond Road. Makes me wonder how some one can be so irresponsible & drive so rashly.

This particular stretch on St. Mark's road seems to attract all the speed demons ! I sometimes park at the Lakeview ice cream parlor after Kabab corner and enjoy an ice cream with my better half, have noticed a lot of cars revving down the road, especially on Saturday nights !
Old 31st December 2009, 11:43   #1190
BHPian

That ST Marks road stretch is wretched, despite police presence on Saturdays. Every time I passed that road, always found double parked cars, zooming morons and then there are policemen with breathalyzers. Still there are people who drive at 130kmph.. :( ..

Once in my drive from Koramangala to airport for picking up my sister on a Saturday night @10:45 PM, I was stopped at four places by Policemen with breathalyzers. ( Sony world junction, St Marks Road, Minsk Square and then opposite to Le Meridien ). Though it is inconvenient, I was very happy that such drives are happening. But they leave the week days out though..

Nainar
Old 31st December 2009, 12:07   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Bangalore Traffic at its best....This is what happens to traffic in whitefield area when it rains
Taken few months back near Hotel Mapple (Graphite India junction) towards Kundalahalli village

Bus came from wrong side
Attachment 253599

Then came in front of our car
Attachment 253600

As there was no option, we reversed our car and finally thats where the bus ends up trying to exit our lane and now see the best thing, when we gave way to bus, a tempo jumped in front of the bus
Attachment 253601
This kind of driving by the buses/matadors is what worsens the jam. They want to hijack the road which is free of traffic irrespective of the fact that its a one way and then make the people who were able to move freely suffer causing a jam as seen in the pics above. When will they ever understand!!
Old 31st December 2009, 12:19   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
That ST Marks road stretch is wretched, despite police presence on Saturdays. Every time I passed that road, always found double parked cars, zooming morons and then there are policemen with breathalyzers. Still there are people who drive at 130kmph.. :( ..

Once in my drive from Koramangala to airport for picking up my sister on a Saturday night @10:45 PM, I was stopped at four places by Policemen with breathalyzers. ( Sony world junction, St Marks Road, Minsk Square and then opposite to Le Meridien ). Though it is inconvenient, I was very happy that such drives are happening. But they leave the week days out though..

Nainar
Get a fake beard ! Trust me I've seen cops let em go w/o stopping them for breathalyzer tests.
Of course this is for non drinkers who don't want to be stopped for other's habits.

Drinkers: Please stop for such tests or stop drinking all together

Last edited by prince_pervez : 31st December 2009 at 12:21.
Old 31st December 2009, 20:41   #1193
BHPian

Travelling on NICE road, you will be behind some slow moving truck/auto while the other lane is occupied by another of the same fraternity! I complained to Nice folks many times on over size humps, slow traffic on overaking/high speed lane. But it falls on deaf ears i guess! This is the state of our highway after paying heavy toll
Old 7th January 2010, 22:59   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
00.30 hrs Xmas day

Its KA 01 XX 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Definitely agree with you Ajmat, ive had a bad experience with this same Vtec once on Richmond Road. Makes me wonder how some one can be so irresponsible & drive so rashly.

This particular stretch on St. Mark's road seems to attract all the speed demons ! I sometimes park at the Lakeview ice cream parlor after Kabab corner and enjoy an ice cream with my better half, have noticed a lot of cars revving down the road, especially on Saturday nights !
I have seen this very car doing stunts on Lavelle road infront of Java City. Not sure its a vtec or not-has a spoiler but runs on normal wheels not vtec alloys.

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 7th January 2010 at 23:07.
Old 8th January 2010, 08:36   #1195
BHPian

I parked my car in Jayanagar underground parking in the complex. They did not give me any receipt indicating the parking time.

We thought it is morning anyway, so they did not need the time.

When we came out after about 45 mins, the parking attendant charged Rs. 20, although the posted rate was was Rs. 5.

He said that it was an old rate.

We paid Rs. 20 and collected the receipt.

Then we approached the nearest police officer. He promptly sent one officer.

The parking attendant said we parked our car at 8 A.M. so he charged Rs. 20 for 3 hours.

When the officer asked him to go and meet with the senior officer, he refunded Rs. 15.

The officer was saying that these guys charge excess since no one approaches police. He asked us to contact police in case any help is required.

Last edited by sumannandy : 8th January 2010 at 08:38.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:52   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off-topic, but where exactly is this kabab corner on St Mark's road ? I have heard a lot about this place.

And is it open late nights ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Get a fake beard ! Trust me I've seen cops let em go w/o stopping them for breathalyzer tests.
Of course this is for non drinkers who don't want to be stopped for other's habits.

Drinkers: Please stop for such tests or stop drinking all together
I am interested in buying a fake beard, if it really helps to keep the cops away. Kindly disclose your source of fake beard.
(I never drive under influence)

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 8th January 2010, 10:13   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
I wonder when the METRO will be completed. I bet 25-30% of the traffic on bengaluru roads will subside, it pains to see all such unruly things happen, its gut wrenching.
I doubt the traffic woes will reduce after the metro, the population growth/migration numbers predicted for the next 5 years will be met in the next 2 years for Bengalooru. Very similar to the numbers for the international airport. Development should be in other cities to reduce congestion.
Old 9th January 2010, 11:19   #1198
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Guys from Bangalore - Head over to Mumbai for a change.

I was in Mumbai for a week and got the opportunity to drive my uncle's Wagon R and also hired Meru cabs on numerous occassions. I was pleasantly shocked to see the lane and traffic discipline followed by all the commuters. Another surprise were the cops. I found the cops pretty motivated in maintaning the traffic chaos and meru cab drivers were literally ****ing in their pants when caught by the cops.

I wish I could see such a scenario in Bangalore. I was so used to the mayhem in Bangalore that driving in Mumbai felt like driving in another country itself.

Aah! Forgot to mention the wide roads. The best part of commuters in Mumbai was they tried their best to maintain discipline and only upon breakdowns tried to cut lanes. This effort is really to be appreciated.

These are purely my observations. A daily driver in Mumbai may not feel the difference but an outsider like me could instantly feel it having gotten used to the chaos known as Bangalore
Old 25th January 2010, 08:47   #1199
Senior - BHPian

This is Madivala where all the PVT buses stop.
An ignorant biker can have a nasty fall and a
4 wheeler could have severed tyres.

Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image2317.jpg  

Old 28th January 2010, 11:44   #1200
BHPian

I am a Bangalorean ever since my birth. Bangalore has the WORST traffic in the world...Period (I have not visited other Indian cities except for a very short visit to Mumbai and a long visit to Goa). Worst as in W-O-R-S-T. I am sure Africa is much better. When my US colleagues travel with me, I assuage them telling them that its like playing a real time video game. They get surprised that people don't get injured or vehicles wont get damaged every minute given the conditions. The shock on their faces is evident. They end up appreciating the orderliness of chaos. God certainly exists. Karnataka Govt's work is God's work. Only God can manage this chaos and indiscipline. Its a shame on this otherwise great city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks