Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 01:26   #1081
BHPian

No Free Left

I have noticed that people obey Left turn rule more, but always jump straight line signal. This is strange.

I have a habit of taking Free Left. (because i acquired it in the US, where Free Right is allowed (LHD) - provided road is free and safe and no on coming vehicle - thats the rule)

I think it is OK to take Free Left (not because USA does it, but because i realized it is not a bad idea) There is a logic behind it, i cant explain in words right now. Everytime i took Free Left, i never caused any obstruction on oncoming car - there wasnt any in the first place. If there was an oncoming car, I wait for them to pass first. Thats what Free left is all about.

Now, if you want to go Straight, Please try to not to stick on the Left side. Let the person make a left turn. This can actually ease the flow of traffic somewhat.

Unfortunately, Autos and Cabs and Others sometimes misuse the space on the left, even if they plan to go Straight.
Old 25th October 2009, 14:24   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
If I were you I'd have cut him off, and yelled at him in front of his kid and scarred his macho-dad reputation forever. I have no sympathy for b$@#$%%s like them and believe that ONE TIGHT SLAP will set their head on the right way. But then again jassi sir, well done on keeping a calm head, or i sense that biker would've lost his

ONE TIGHT SLAP.
Boy would i love to do that someday, but I think i should pass.

almost all my posts have been abount how i 'almost' lost it but then controlled - rage can be blinding and make you do things you wish you never did.
I think it makes sense to be tolerant, be the bigger person and move on - no point in dropping oneself to the level of these lowly morons
Old 25th October 2009, 15:29   #1083
jav
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Boy would i love to do that someday, but I think i should pass.

almost all my posts have been abount how i 'almost' lost it but then controlled - rage can be blinding and make you do things you wish you never did.
I think it makes sense to be tolerant, be the bigger person and move on - no point in dropping oneself to the level of these lowly morons
My thoughts exactly and to you for not losing it, i don't remember when was the last time i actually enjoyed driving in the city.

Last edited by jav : 25th October 2009 at 15:31.
Old 25th October 2009, 18:06   #1084
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, crossing Richmond Circle on foot, I hear a thunk. A motorcyclist taking a shortvut from Lavelle Road flies into the path of a Sumo. Miraculously, Sumo brakes hard and merely taps the bike. Rider goes flying. His helmet saved him. He gets up and waves the Sumo on. Onlookers help the bike up.

Biker rather than looking shocked has an embarassing grin

Cops ? What cops - they are all busy with a big wedding in town!
Old 26th October 2009, 12:00   #1085
Team-BHP Support

With all the long weekends and vacations over, the entire herd is back on the roads again. Today was a total mess while on the way to work.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:32   #1086
BHPian

On the way to office MG signal (cauvery handicrafts junction) a pedestrian lady comes no where in the middle, i brake hard and i am almost sitting on my petrol tank ,now she starts shouting at me stupid idiot blahh blahh, i down shift to second and i take off recalling the ceat ad.

In our city pedastrians has every rights to shout at motorists even if they are at fault.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:36   #1087
BHPian

At last.....

.....the huge valley by the side of Big Bazaar (ITPL Road - EPIP Road Junction) has been PARTIALLY filled !!
Old 26th October 2009, 13:40   #1088
BHPian

This happened on Friday night.
I am trying to take my car from the road-side parking near Cauvery School, Double Road, IndiraNagara. Wife has a knee problem and cant climb up the pavement to get in, so I start my car and turn slightly to the right so as not to disrupt the traffic on the small road (not the double road but the road that runs perpendicular to it near the Cauvery School)

Thats when a hero on his Indica starts showing fingers saying I have blocked the entire lane, when indeed there is enough space for even a mid-size truck to move through. I couldnt even help my wife get in and keep occupying the drivers seat until she manages herself. When the hero drives past eventually, I show him the finger and fist.

When will people learn to be considerate!

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 26th October 2009 at 13:41.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:41   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday in front of Sanjay Gandhi hospital a lady was knocked down by a young woman on a bike. She was badly hurt near the shin. The young lady was more interested in getting away rather than trying to help. Jaywalking at its best. There was one new blue a-star right behind the commotion which was parked illegally and narrowed the approach to the road. When will people learn ?!
Old 1st November 2009, 10:34   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday my car had to face th "ill effect" of bad driving, a WB 16wheeler was been driven very badly, at a traffic junction he tried to squeeze through resulting in a deep scratch and a dent above the wheel arc. i did give a chase but he was driving insanely, was heading towards the BIA and dint want to loose time so had to let the moron go.

I felt as if he was riding a auto just before he got into this truck, i hope he has not hurt/damaged anyone else on his way!
Old 1st November 2009, 12:06   #1091
BHPian

Traffic had piled up at 80 feet road Indiranagar just 20 minutes back. A tractor and a EasyCab in a collision. The car was damaged both in front and rear as well. No idea what happened, but the car was in bad shape.

Only here do they park the vehicles as it is after a mishap and start fighting. No bother at all about the other vehicles stranded on the road due to them
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:39   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Yesterday my car had to face th "ill effect" of bad driving, a WB 16wheeler was been driven very badly, at a traffic junction he tried to squeeze through resulting in a deep scratch and a dent above the wheel arc. i did give a chase but he was driving insanely, was heading towards the BIA and dint want to loose time so had to let the moron go.

I felt as if he was riding a auto just before he got into this truck, i hope he has not hurt/damaged anyone else on his way!
Lohith, You can still call Police control room and complain and also explain that your headed to BIA and will be back in sometime. They will hold the vehicle until you come. Even though you might not be in town for 2-3 days, the vehicle will be confiscated on providing the number.

The jerk deserved to be held for a few days!
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:45   #1093
Senior - BHPian

ahh this dint strike my mind at all!!! thanks for letting me know this next time for sure take this step.

The moment i see the scratch my blood boils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Lohith, You can still call Police control room and complain and also explain that your headed to BIA and will be back in sometime. They will hold the vehicle until you come. Even though you might not be in town for 2-3 days, the vehicle will be confiscated on providing the number.

The jerk deserved to be held for a few days!
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:10   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Only here do they park the vehicles as it is after a mishap and start fighting. No bother at all about the other vehicles stranded on the road due to them
+1
I guess the same happens throughout our country!
This is a big nuisance, esp if the mishap happens in the peak time of morning / evening rush hour!
Why don't the concerned parties park their vehicles by the road side & start arguing?
Though it is possible that if they do that, the offender may try to drive away...!

On the Whitefield Road (ITPL -> KR Puram), just little after the Big Bazaar a new giant hump came up today, as a result the vehicles are slowing down & create a small jam there!
To that great man who allowed that hump - What a brilliant idea sirjee!

Last edited by finneyp : 2nd November 2009 at 20:13.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:27   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday was shocked to see the cars parked on the loop which connects airport road from 100ft road(flyover) the vehicles had come to Nandini Hotel. this can happen only in India!

I see most of the establishments(Hotels/Showrooms) dont have a proper parking from which people park where ever they want1 these are simple things either govenrment is incapable of implementing nor are the people wise enough!

god is also helpless i guess!

Most Viewed