Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 22:30   #1291
Senior - BHPian

More than tutorials, I feel we ought to have placards with messages on them!
'use your indicators when changing lanes, MORON!'
'The lane doesn't belong to your family,move over!'
'Try tailing me once more,and you'll end up with a black eye'

Drivers education should be made mandatory,IMO.
Old 20th February 2010, 22:45   #1292
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Pleasant experience with a Meru Cabbie

This isn't a rant but a pleasant experience I had while returning from the Airport to my place in Sanjaynagar a little while ago. After about 10 mins in the cab, I immediately noticed that he was a very disciplined driver maintaining lane discipline, not honking, and in fact was cursing the others who were breaking rules. I struck a conversation with him and pretended to be curious to know why he alone is following all the rules whereas the others are racing like crazy. What followed was very simple, sane and yet very correct advice on driving. He said it all comes from one source - the driving instructor. It was his driving instructor who forced him to maintain the correct driving style and all the other morons on road are the victim of bad driving instructions. If one gets a good disciplined instructor and he is checked by a strict RTO while granting the license, the roads would be so much better to drive.

It was a brief conversation for about 30 mins and I'm sure he could have covered many aspects as well but for the lack of time. I took his number and promised to contact him whenever me or my friends need a cab.

His name is Sreenivas. Do PM me if you want his number for his services. I sure am a permanent customer of him now
Old 21st February 2010, 12:15   #1293
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Iluvcars - I received your PM requesting Sreenivas's number. I'm unable to reply back to your message. The error message says you have chosen not to receive PMs or you do not have sufficient privileges to receive them.

Mods - Can I mention Sreenivas's number directly in the thread? Some members like Iluvcars would be interested but might not be able to receive the number via PMs.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:13   #1294
BHPian

@ JVH - I apologise that my settings prevented you from PM-ing me. Please see my message again. Thanks!
Old 22nd February 2010, 06:49   #1295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Found this on Youtube.
For all those IDIOTS who can't stick to a lane, this is a good tutorial.

-- Torqy
Classic One ! I think this needs to played at all the places !
Old 22nd February 2010, 07:13   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Classic One ! I think this needs to played at all the places !
+1 to that! Kya aap 'dhakkan' hain ?
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:28   #1297
Team-BHP Support

Driving along the ORR from Sarjapur road junciton towards the Intel junction, i noticed that there were reflectors along the roads, marking lanes. A VERY GOOD initiative, i must say! Considering how pathetic the street light illumination is along the ORR, this is a welcome move.

I just hope they extend this to a lot more roads, and also the entire stretch of the ORR.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:06   #1298
BHPian

Lane Markers on ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
reflectors along the roads, marking lanes
I can see these on other portions of ORR as well, at least till Nagavara Junction (close to Hebbal flyover). Since I was returning to ORR after almost a week's gap, I thought these were installed some time back. Also, today the street lights on most parts of the ORR (while coming toward SJP road) are off and these yellow markers were a pleasant sight. Initially I thought the lights were intentionally switched off for people to notice these markers but later I realize there was power cut on this part of the city.

Of course, these markers did not bring in any new lane discipline. It's just that, this will greatly help us poor folks, who have to fend the high-beam-most-educated-driving-experts. One has to see, how long will these last, before loosing the shine and blackened out by smoking sumos and like.

Cheers,
KK
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:50   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
One has to see, how long will these last, before loosing the shine and blackened out by smoking sumos and like.

Cheers,
KK
They even get stolen! A stretch of about half a km where these reflectors were installed were stolen close to my place.
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:41   #1300
Team-BHP Support

The ORR plight will only get resolved, when the other semi-circle of the NICE road is opened ASAP and toll not levied. On top of it trucks are diverted through this road.

That much for the truck traffic. Rest of pocket traffic problems, need to be dealt on a point by point basis. For example, the Manyata tech park problem is truly because of its own gravity. Needs to be addressed in that capacity. Also it should be seen that solution at one point does not carry forward to the next one. We are experts in shifting problems from one stage to the next !
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:56   #1301
BHPian

Today i took 90 minutes to travel 12km from Ramamurthy Nagar to Manipal Hospital (9-10.30 AM). Thanks to the newly designed NGEF junction and those who helped with their driving antics. Glad to know that THEY all reached office on time at the cost of us idiots who waited.

BDA did a major miscalculation (blunders in plain-speak) when they did the Ramamurthy Nagar to Old Madras Road flyover. They were blind to see traffic from Banaswadi / Hebbal side entering OMR at NGEF junction and turning right. If the OMR flyover had a loop to enter OMR between Beniganahalli Bridge and the current NGEF junction towards MG Road direction, the NGEF junction mess could've been avoided.

Of course, this is just my favorite. I'm sure each one has their own.

-- Torqy
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:55   #1302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BDA did a major miscalculation (blunders in plain-speak) when they did the Ramamurthy Nagar to Old Madras Road flyover. They were blind to see traffic from Banaswadi / Hebbal side entering OMR at NGEF junction and turning right. If the OMR flyover had a loop to enter OMR between Beniganahalli Bridge and the current NGEF junction towards MG Road direction, the NGEF junction mess could've been avoided.
-- Torqy
I too was shocked when I wanted to go towards KRPuram using ORR. I naturally assumed there will be a ramp to get on to the ORR as is the case with most flyovers. This ORR and the signal free "concepts" at windsor manor, cauvery junction, etc. are nothing short of terrorist plots to torment the civil society!
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:46   #1303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Today i took 90 minutes to travel 12km from Ramamurthy Nagar to Manipal Hospital (9-10.30 AM). Thanks to the newly designed NGEF junction and those who helped with their driving antics. Glad to know that THEY all reached office on time at the cost of us idiots who waited.

Of course, this is just my favorite. I'm sure each one has their own.

-- Torqy
One best (or should I say worst) examples of what I call planning . Not sure how come with such plans. I am sure the next project will be a flyover at the OMR BEML road intersection !
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:41   #1304
Team-BHP Support

Went to ITPL today, am I glad I took the volvo, they have a knack in parting traffic!
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:27   #1305
BHPian

does anyone know whats going on with IRR traffic jams? IRR used to be empty at 1030am but is now choked all the way in 1st gear traffic!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks