Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 19:12   #8791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
This is the learning period and I am sure everyone will alter their commute timing, mode of transport or what not.
That's right. Am in the process of trying that. First tried altering timing. Start early and leave from office ( ITPL Road) at 4.15 and log in from home. That worked till recently. Now the ORR mess starts by 4. So now in the process of switching to bmtc Volvo from my bike. Rather sit in a bus than crawl from marathahalli all the way to belandur. Seems to be working ok. Walking to the bus stop and potentially crowded buses in the morning are concerns.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:28   #8792
BHPian

Yesterday, I had been to RMZ Ecospace and after some work, started to leave the campus by 6 pm. It took almost 45 minutes to just leave the campus.

Is this a daily situation there? Not sure if that tech park has multiple entry / exit points.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:42   #8793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Yesterday, I had been to RMZ Ecospace and after some work, started to leave the campus by 6 pm. It took almost 45 minutes to just leave the campus.

Is this a daily situation there? Not sure if that tech park has multiple entry / exit points.
You seem to be lucky to have gotten out of campus in 45 min (around 500 meters). We have now got used to this 45 minutes drive inside the campus on a daily basis almost. There are times when people have spent 2 to 3 hours to cover this 500 to 600 meters, and this happens almost few times in a month atleast.
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 20:00   #8794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post

Even I have heard about long waiting times in ecospace campus. Last Thursday, the traffic was so crazy that it spilled over inside PTP as well. Took 1 hour to exit. And yesterday morning, traffic on ORR choked old Bangalore. There were massive jams in madiwala, koramangala, jayanagar 7th block, yediyur and JC road as well. It took 2 hours from jayanagar 4th block to koramangala Bda complex
Old 11th August 2015, 21:13   #8795
BHPian

The traffic jams on top of Kadubeesanahalli underpass appear to occur very frequently now. I was stuck last two days in the evening, waiting helplessly like many others, as queue jumpers made the situation from bad to worse.

Wonder why the police is not activating the traffic lights installed there a few months back.
Old 11th August 2015, 22:22   #8796
BHPian

Some of these SEZ's should have a back gate as well to divert some traffic. Ecospace should have a gate connecting to backside of Sarjapur road. Damn SEZ rules in our country which doesnt allow a SEZ zone to have two gates
Old 11th August 2015, 22:37   #8797
Senior - BHPian

Looks like today (11-08), there were again some traffic jams in the Kadubeesanahalli side at around 1800hrs. Some issue related to a Truck v/s Auto rickshaw Accident, and then the regular affair of a BMTC bus breaking down. The rain in HSR layout side was the "icing on the cake".
Old 11th August 2015, 23:41   #8798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
They have also blocked the right/U turn just after Gopalan Mall. So you need to go past the railway under bridge and then take U turn.
This has been blocked since a week now. 2 wheeler riders have found ways to remove one barricade and have free movement anyways A U-turn has to be taken at the round about opposite dominos.
However, the u-turn from rmz infinity towards gopalan mall or the right turn have been prohibited through road signs for over a year but no one really cares and takes these U-turns and right turns blocking traffic. I had even written to BTP on their FB page. They took action for a while by stopping and fining vehicles doing this. The action disappeared in thin air after sometime. The signs prohibiting these turns were still there last time I saw 3-4 days back
Old 12th August 2015, 06:44   #8799
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
However, the u-turn from rmz infinity towards gopalan mall or the right turn have been prohibited through road signs for over a year but no one really cares and takes these U-turns and right turns blocking traffic. I had even written to BTP on their FB page. They took action for a while by stopping and fining vehicles doing this. The action disappeared in thin air after sometime. The signs prohibiting these turns were still there last time I saw 3-4 days back
U-turn and Right turns were prohibited for a very long time and the signs also installed on the median. However, they were allowing vehicles to go straight across the road from Beniganahalli to Nagavrapalya and vice-versa and these guys were allowed to make right turns as well - this was the main problem so vehicles in the other direction just did not heed the No right and No U-turn rule!
Next, they tried using couple of barricades of block half the junction to prevent these Right and U-turn rule breakers. Did not work, so finally they blocked the entire junction and this has brought much relief there finally.
Of course the odd cyclists, 2 wheelers and autos still sneak in but still much better than earlier chaos.

Last edited by NPV : 12th August 2015 at 06:45.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:07   #8800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Any idea what has changed during the last week for the mess to go to such extremes?
One major reason for Kadubeesinahalli mess is the block created around New Horizon college. There is a entry point from service road after New Horizon college, in evening there are many vehicles entering/ exiting from this road along with many heavy vehicles.

This causes a block here since the road is not wide enough for two heavy vehicles at the same time. This block soon builds up on to main carriageway of ORR and in sometime builds up till Kadubeesinahalli underpass.

As soon as vehicles approaching underpass notice a block ahead they try to enter service road to jump ahead of the block resulting in a jam on top of the underpass.

The Ecospace block is another tragic story by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Wonder why the police is not activating the traffic lights installed there a few months back.
Well, personally I feel the traffic lights were nothing but a money making business.

Two traffic lights placed under flyovers near Bellandur are doing 'blinker' duty. Inspite of the same, they decide to install a traffic light at Kadubeesinahalli, the lights are designed considering the ill planned 8 service roads. However, now two of those roads are closed. I am not sure if they reprogrammed the lights to include the same.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:34   #8801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Some of these SEZ's should have a back gate as well to divert some traffic. Ecospace should have a gate connecting to backside of Sarjapur road. Damn SEZ rules in our country which doesnt allow a SEZ zone to have two gates
I don't think that's the case..
I work at Cisco in the Cessna SEZ and there is an exit towards the rear-side of the campus along with the entrances and exits towards of the front.

Cheers !

Sundar
Old 12th August 2015, 11:42   #8802
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Have raised BTP Public Eye violations no. 23180 and 181 for the 2 buses clearly seen here.
This morning at the same location there were 2 cops manning the junction and they were happily guiding the vehicles coming on the wrong side to enter the correct side by stopping traffic going straight on the ITPL main road
I don't have any hope for a solution to this problem.

Last edited by NPV : 12th August 2015 at 11:48.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:59   #8803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
I don't think that's the case..
I work at Cisco in the Cessna SEZ and there is an exit towards the rear-side of the campus along with the entrances and exits towards of the front.

Cheers !

Sundar
Oh Ok. I was told this by a HR working in one of the companies in Ecospace. If this is the case, these buildings should plan for a rear gate.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:00   #8804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
One major reason for Kadubeesinahalli mess is the block created around New Horizon college. There is a entry point from service road after New Horizon college, in evening there are many vehicles entering/ exiting from this road along with many heavy vehicles.

This causes a block here since the road is not wide enough for two heavy vehicles at the same time. This block soon builds up on to main carriageway of ORR and in sometime builds up till Kadubeesinahalli underpass.

As soon as vehicles approaching underpass notice a block ahead they try to enter service road to jump ahead of the block resulting in a jam on top of the underpass.

The Ecospace block is another tragic story by itself.

Well, personally I feel the traffic lights were nothing but a money making business.

Two traffic lights placed under flyovers near Bellandur are doing 'blinker' duty. Inspite of the same, they decide to install a traffic light at Kadubeesinahalli, the lights are designed considering the ill planned 8 service roads. However, now two of those roads are closed. I am not sure if they reprogrammed the lights to include the same.
I used to use that road and I still use it in case of emergencies. I work in Ecoworld and it is very crowded sometimes and if I have to make a quick getaway from office I use the back road which comes out of Ecoworld onto the New Horizon School Road and then use the college exit to come out on to ORR. The traffic is so heavy there that it usually takes about 15 mins to go 50 meters. One is lucky if there is a cop there as there is a fair chance. If no cop then the heavier chassis weight vs the rampant cabbies and TT drivers.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:02   #8805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Oh Ok. I was told this by a HR working in one of the companies in Ecospace. If this is the case, these buildings should plan for a rear gate.
OT but its a serious advice and has to be mentioned. You should not believe everything the HR says.
black_rider is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks