Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 21:15   #9166
Senior - BHPian

Major pile up accident on Marathalli bridge. Posted by a friend of mine on Facebook a while back. Accident happened around 8:30 pm it seems.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211503.png
Views: 1886
Size:  149.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211434.png
Views: 1956
Size:  365.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211421.png
Views: 1856
Size:  306.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211411.png
Views: 1850
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211352.png
Views: 1902
Size:  501.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211336.png
Views: 1886
Size:  156.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211323.png
Views: 1884
Size:  346.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211310.png
Views: 1867
Size:  365.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211254.png
Views: 1900
Size:  493.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150911_211238.png
Views: 1836
Size:  475.9 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 21:38   #9167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Major pile up accident on Marathalli bridge. Posted by a friend of mine on Facebook a while back. Accident happened around 8:30 pm it seems.
The bike under the van scares me. Any update on the condition of the people?

And was this towards Kundalahalli or towards Old Airport Road?

Because when I travelled towards Old Airport Road around an hour ago, it seemed normal.
Old 11th September 2015, 21:45   #9168
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

And was this towards Kundalahalli or towards Old Airport Road?

Because when I travelled towards Old Airport Road around an hour ago, it seemed normal.
Based on comments on an FB group, it looks like this was in the direction towards Kundalahalli. Yes the biker photo looks scary. I hope there wasn't/isn't any fatality.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:52   #9169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
My cousin brother's car(Ford Ikon) was also one among them. He said, one biker was seriously injured and was taken to hospital. His car was rear ended by an innova and he rear ended another car. He was able to drive back home. I will be going to check the damages tomorrow.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 23:58   #9170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

My cousin brother's car(Ford Ikon) was also one among them. He said, one biker was seriously injured and was taken to hospital. His car was rear ended by an innova and he rear ended another car. He was able to drive back home. I will be going to check the damages tomorrow.
Ohh sad to hear that. Please share his first hand experience about how it happened.
Old 12th September 2015, 00:46   #9171
BHPian

The whitefield, marathahalli roads during peak hours have so many vehicles (buses, trucks, vans) on the road and so many impatient drivers that such accidents are, kind of, simply waiting to happen. How much ever slow and careful one moves, there is always the impatient biker, van driver or auto guy who will overtake from a gap and veer towards your vehicle's moving direction and want to occupy the small space right in front of your four wheeler. Also driving on wrong side, occupying complete width of the road when traffic piles, etc. simply provide ample opportunities for vehicles to rub against each other body and in sudden braking situations, many vehicles smash!
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 08:42   #9172
BHPian

I got to experience the traffic and situations in Bangalore, during my recent trip back from Kerala heading towards Mumbai.
I had done this route over 10 + years ago and a lot has changed in terms of infrastructure. You never feel the distance from Hosur to Bangalore .. there are so many establishments, hotels, shops on either side! There are big flyovers now making it easy to reach the destination -- if you know how to go around them.

After reaching Hosur, the map asked me to head straight ahead keeping the left, towards NICE road that connects to Tumkur Road.
I kept my side of the road and moved ahead only to find myself in the midst of a toll line! There was a small board towards my extreme right that stated NICE road! There are no huge sign boards that show directions! Sorry to have hurt sentiments, but being from Mumbai where there are huge overhead sign boards that show direction and the exact lane to be in, this was a huge disappointment considering this to be the IT hub of the country. Thanks to an elderly gentleman who helped us cut lanes to get over to the service road that joined the NICE road. Poor fellow got to hear the choicest of things from the other motorists, but firmly held his ground.

For reasons that I believe, there should be huge overhead signboards that show exactly which lane to be in for the particular destination.
The service road, that went right outside some big IT organizations, was much smaller and had parked buses, huge potholes, irresponsible bikers, cars who wanted to shove you to the pavement, again, no directions here - just rely on the phone maps.

It rains and the traffic policemen just run away to nearby stores for cover... leaving the motorists to find their own way out. Seems like they aren't provided rain jackets like we see in other cities.
And at the turning, there is a signboard that states Tumkur road! Phew! Finally!

The city has grown too fast with a lot of young, enthusiastic minds. What it misses is a strong traffic discipline that needs to be hard coded into everyone's minds right from school. Forgive me if I have hurt the feelings of fellow BHPians from the city ... but wanted to share an outsider's point of view.
renney.varghese is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 08:59   #9173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renney.varghese View Post
I got to experience the traffic and situations in Bangalore, during my recent trip back from Kerala heading towards Mumbai.
I had done this route over 10 + years ago and a lot has changed in terms of infrastructure. You never feel the distance from Hosur to Bangalore .. there are so many establishments, hotels, shops on either side! There are big flyovers now making it easy to reach the destination -- if you know how to go around them.

After reaching Hosur, the map asked me to head straight ahead keeping the left, towards NICE road that connects to Tumkur Road.
I kept my side of the road and moved ahead only to find myself in the midst of a toll line! There was a small board towards my extreme right that stated NICE road! There are no huge sign boards that show directions! Sorry to have hurt sentiments, but being from Mumbai where there are huge overhead sign boards that show direction and the exact lane to be in, this was a huge disappointment considering this to be the IT hub of the country. Thanks to an elderly gentleman who helped us cut lanes to get over to the service road that joined the NICE road. Poor fellow got to hear the choicest of things from the other motorists, but firmly held his ground.

For reasons that I believe, there should be huge overhead signboards that show exactly which lane to be in for the particular destination.
The service road, that went right outside some big IT organizations, was much smaller and had parked buses, huge potholes, irresponsible bikers, cars who wanted to shove you to the pavement, again, no directions here - just rely on the phone maps.

It rains and the traffic policemen just run away to nearby stores for cover... leaving the motorists to find their own way out. Seems like they aren't provided rain jackets like we see in other cities.
And at the turning, there is a signboard that states Tumkur road! Phew! Finally!

The city has grown too fast with a lot of young, enthusiastic minds. What it misses is a strong traffic discipline that needs to be hard coded into everyone's minds right from school. Forgive me if I have hurt the feelings of fellow BHPians from the city ... but wanted to share an outsider's point of view.
Agree! The directions to the NICE road are not marked clearly and in the right locations. You see a sign board to enter NICE road only when you are a hundred meters before the entry. The signboard infra of Bangalore is in shambles. No one cares a hoot.
Old 12th September 2015, 09:27   #9174
BHPian

Something that I see everyday.. People on the phone while driving - Here is an interesting take on it

Mods- Please move to appropriate thread if necessary..
Old 12th September 2015, 17:05   #9175
BHPian

Koramangala alert!
The area in and around Sony signal is packed by the usual slow moving traffic. Sometime back, it was at its worst. The affect was seen till BDA complex signal, Maharaja Hotel signal and ooty chocolate signal.
Old 12th September 2015, 17:32   #9176
BHPian

Agree. I have lived in Bengaluru for almost 23 years now and I agree with everything that you have mentioned. NICE Road markings are piss poor everywhere. I don't know how many times I have missed the unlit BG Road exit while returning home. Let me keep it short, I have been ranting about NICE Road all the time, cause I use it so frequently.

Signboards are non existent at many parts of the city and nobody gives a damn. It's the outsiders who feel it to be a problem, the locals (like me) seem to manage. Hence the neglect.

Coming to the infrastructure, Bengaluru is bursting at its seems and is crumbling. Traffic management is non existent. Some Good Samaritans help with managing traffic at busy junctions during the peak hours.

A few more years and Bengaluru will definitely be a place one would not want to live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 13th September 2015, 10:43   #9177
BHPian

HSR Layout - NIFT Road has become a night mare. Especially during weekends. It took more than 20 mins to cross the stretch between NIFT and the police station.

People park at their own will on the road - unmindful of the chaos. Gets worse when SUV"s are parked on the road. Requesting someone to cooperate would end up in a fist fight !!!!

While i understand the convenience of shopping within HSR Layout - Sincere request is to practice parallel parking which is safe and convenient. Saw couple of t-bhp stickers too.
Old 13th September 2015, 15:41   #9178
BHPian

Yesterday while driving on Golf Course road, got almost rammed into a stupid Eon driver.

And off-course, people changing lane on that curve

Old 13th September 2015, 20:49   #9179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ohh sad to hear that. Please share his first hand experience about how it happened.
All cars were idle due to traffic and this speeding truck came and hit from behind causing the pile-up. For him,Innova hit from behind and he rear ended a Verna. It was a Santro behind the Innova and a load auto in front of Verna. There were other vehicles too as two lanes were affected. Two-wheeler guy was injured and was shouting in pain it seems.

Now my cousin brother's Ikon has damages to both the bumpers, head light gone, dents and mis-alignment on bonnet and boot. So, couldn't open both.
Old 13th September 2015, 23:26   #9180
BHPian

Private vehicles are banned on the roads of HSR Layout on Sunday, 20th September. The move is aimed at "encouraging" more people to use public transport. Full report can be read at:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/48941236.cms

Good or bad move, BHPians? IMO, these stop-gap and attention grabbing measures are not the solution. Even if they want to showcase this as a pilot project, its in the wrong direction. The ideal pilot project should have been an announcement for and enforcement of zero tolerance towards traffic violations, big and small, in the same area. Repeating the same over at different areas will slowly but surely inject that road sense to the undisciplined on the road.
Horizon81 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks