Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 14:42   #9376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Always felt this particular showroom is cramped and suffocating whenever I had been there earlier. Limited parking space, busy road, always crowded atmosphere are the reasons to avoid this now a days.
+1. It was ok initially. I last went there about a year back by chance. It was cramped and suffocating. Shelves and dresses packed into every available place. Hardly any place to walk.

Thank god this did not happen during the day. Would have been a huge disaster.
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:43   #9377
JD1
BHPian

How is condition of Panathur Main road/Balagere road between ORR and Varthur? Need to goto Pratham school tomorrow morning (between 8am and 9am) and Google maps is showing route with this road (from HSR).
Old 2nd October 2015, 20:38   #9378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
How is condition of Panathur Main road/Balagere road between ORR and Varthur).
Nothing to worry about. Has few potholes here and there, but fine. Since its a weekend you don't need to worry about traffic at Kadubeesinahalli junction too.
Old 2nd October 2015, 20:43   #9379
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Nothing to worry about. Has few potholes here and there, but fine. Since its a weekend you don't need to worry about traffic at Kadubeesinahalli junction too.
Thank You! This will help me sleep a bit extra (I would have needed to leave a bit early if I had to take the alternate route via Marathahalli/Kundalahalli).
Old 2nd October 2015, 23:28   #9380
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a common scene most evenings near the ORR-Whitefield Road intersection, opposite Whitefield Honda - the narrow under bridge that connects to Old Madras Road.
2 wheelers try all possible permutations and combinations including riding on wrong side, breaking the signal, etc to get to this place and by the way there's 2 way traffic under the bridge so you can imagine how it can be. Was stuck at the signal for sometime one weekday evening and managed to get this click of 2 wheelers vying with each other to enter the "Dragon" (this was the other side of the median from where I was)

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kr-puram-whitefield2.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 2nd October 2015 at 23:31.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 00:14   #9381
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This is a common scene most evenings near the ORR-Whitefield Road intersection, opposite Whitefield Honda - the narrow under bridge that connects to Old Madras Road.
2 wheelers try all possible permutations and combinations including riding on wrong side, breaking the signal, etc to get to this place and by the way there's 2 way traffic under the bridge so you can imagine how it can be.
Attachment 1422015
Correction - This is a common scene across Bangalore at all times. Even when the traffic is light, the 2-wheelers try to break every rule. Thanks to the 2-wheelers, you will not know whether we are left side driving country or right side at any intersection with moderate traffic.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:12   #9382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
A major traffic jam on Bannerghatta Road. The reason is a log carrying truck which is stuck in mud, just before the Shell petrol bunk, blocking the lane towards Meenakshi temple. The other side is complete jammed and the traffic has barely moved 5 meters in the past 30 minutes. I expect the jam to have reached Meenakshi mall easily.

The traffic in the other lane seems to be rerouted, as no vehicles are coming from Gottigere side.

Please look for alternate routes.
Could this be the reason for the jam and weirdly positioned truck ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49195658.cms

Quote:
BENGALURU: Two engineering student lost lives after accidentally coming under a truck near Hulimavu, South East Bengaluru on Friday morning. Deceased are Jerald Xavier and R Krishnan, both 20 and students with East Point Engineering college. Accident took place when the rider Jerald tried to overtake the truck, police said.

Truck driver fled the scene leaving behind his vehicle and traffic flow on Hulimavu road was disturbed for over 90 minutes due to the accident. The victims were riding towards Bannerghatta from their residence in Kammanahalli.
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:51   #9383
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Correction - This is a common scene across Bangalore at all times. Even when the traffic is light, the 2-wheelers try to break every rule. Thanks to the 2-wheelers, you will not know whether we are left side driving country or right side at any intersection with moderate traffic.
The common scene I meant was the rush by vehicles (in this case only 2 wheelers) into a narrow under bridge possibly just 5 feet wide and there is 2 way traffic, I guess even breathing inside that place will be difficult, makes me feel claustrophobic.

To be fair, it's not just 2 wheelers that break traffic rules, there are several "educated" drivers of 4 wheelers as well who do it so non-chalantly. Stereotypes don't work anymore, just have to keep expecting some morons on the road always, accept it and move on
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:08   #9384
BHPian

Hosur road is being re-tarred. That too, a stretch with zero potholes. This is between EC Phase1 gate signal and Hosa Road signal. I wish they gave the same attention to certain gateways to hell on Varthur Road.
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:41   #9385
BHPian

A bit off topic, but I couldn't see a thread where I can post pics of serial polluters. Cops catch me for paper of my car asking for pollution certificate. There are lorries, autos and nasty minidors whichs pump out black smoke. No one bothers looks like.
Old 3rd October 2015, 23:28   #9386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Hosur road is being re-tarred. That too, a stretch with zero potholes. This is between EC Phase1 gate signal and Hosa Road signal. I wish they gave the same attention to certain gateways to hell on Varthur Road.
Begur road and Kodichikkanahalli Main road too need immediate attention of retarring leave alone widening the road. The latter is in a pathetic condition considering the number of vehicles plying on this stretch towards Bannerghatta road.
Old 4th October 2015, 09:59   #9387
Senior - BHPian

What a nightmare of a traffic on Nandi hills today morning.

Impatient and inexperienced drivers made it a real horrifying experience.

I reached the top at 6:30AM, didn't even get out of the car and I was already planning to return as soon as possible. Luckily I made it out of the chaos and reached down by 7:30AM.

The sheer negligence and the carelessness of the drivers is appalling. Bikers, cabs and cars were overtaking on the hairpin curves. As soon as the car in front of them slows a bit, people started to take to opposite lane without a thought. The parking lot was a mess, with cars parked where ever they wanted.
The entire Nandi hills was filled with the smell of burnt clutch. I saw at least 4 cars with fully blown clutch stranded in various places on the curvy road.
Adding to the madness were imbecile drivers parking their cars in the middle of the road and taking pictures.

Absolute lack of civic sense. I really pity the people who were still up there.

I am swearing off traveling to any tourist destination on weekends and holidays.
Old 4th October 2015, 11:12   #9388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Could this be the reason for the jam and weirdly positioned truck ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49195658.cms
Soumyajit, this was on Thursday.

Also, the truck got stuck in the mud, when trying to enter the log/tree yard. The driver, helpers and other assorted folk were finally able to move the truck into the yard.
Old 4th October 2015, 11:26   #9389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

Absolute lack of civic sense. I really pity the people who were still up there.
This is probably why vehicular traffic to Nandi Hills will be banned soon. I feel its a good move.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 11:55   #9390
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

I reached the top at 6:30AM,
Oh so private vehicles are not banned yet? I somehow misinterpreted the news report that they are already banned! I am planning to visit afternoon hours (on weekday during Dussehra holidays). Now thinking if it's worth it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks