Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 11:37   #1876
Senior - BHPian

@Googleman, You have every right to rant on. But I am amused why you put up with this ordeal everyday.
Old 30th September 2010, 23:07   #1877
BHPian

I recently shifted from Bangalore to Noida and here are my observations after driving for one year in NCR. Roads here are much wider and smooth than Bangalore. But being the National Capital Region this was expected. Noida and Gurgaon are better planed cities. Road sense, less said the better. But somehow I feel It takes a hell lot more tome to construct something in Bangalore and quality is not upto the mark. Be it e-city tollway(should have been 6 laned at least), those magic boxes etc.

PS: I miss Bangalore badly. I am yet to find a pub here that even comes close to Purple Haze, LoR et el. Those sagars . Ohh and how can I forget driving on mysore road CCD at 3 am. Any S/W developer openings for 3.5 years work ex there?
Old 1st October 2010, 11:26   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I recently shifted from Bangalore to Noida and here are my observations after driving for one year in NCR. Roads here are much wider and smooth than Bangalore. But being the National Capital Region this was expected. Noida and Gurgaon are better planed cities. Road sense, less said the better. But somehow I feel It takes a hell lot more tome to construct something in Bangalore and quality is not upto the mark. Be it e-city tollway(should have been 6 laned at least), those magic boxes etc.

PS: I miss Bangalore badly. I am yet to find a pub here that even comes close to Purple Haze, LoR et el. Those sagars . Ohh and how can I forget driving on mysore road CCD at 3 am. Any S/W developer openings for 3.5 years work ex there?
You sure you want to come back? Metro work is going on you see I suggest you wait for another 10 years and then come over. Bangalore will be a better place after the metro will be started.

BTW, dude you should be happy to be able to drive to lovely hill stations like nainital and masoorie. Here all you get is Nandi hill as a hill station

Don't worry, Purple Haze is anyways closed now but Ofcourse you won't find pubs like Bangalore anywhere, except Mumbai. Bangalore rocks in the field of recreation. I remember those days when you could party all night long in "the Club" and Zero Gs, now they shut down max at 12:00.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:42   #1879
BANNED

@Googleman
Well the distance between Noida & Naintal is around 270 odd KMs. Masoorie is 300+ For that distance you will find plenty of places around Bangalore. Actually you get beaches from Bangalore. All you need is to open your eyes.

@perseus
Bangalore has history of 500 years. Old streets are narrow. Nobody forsaw IT boom then. Newer roads are quite broad. E City tollway is actually a flyover. Hence its 4 laned. Road below is 6 laned with service roads on either sides. Noida & Gurgoan are relatively new and hence planned for current needs. It about 10 years it will be congested.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:51   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Metro work is going on you see I suggest you wait for another 10 years and then come over. Bangalore will be a better place after the metro will be started.
Dont tell me MG Road stretch is still under construction? It started in 2007 IIRC.

Quote:
BTW, dude you should be happy to be able to drive to lovely hill stations like nainital and masoorie. Here all you get is Nandi hill as a hill station
Dont agree completely. Ooty, Coonoor, Yercaud, Kodaikanal, Coorg ?? Yes, nothing beats Uttaranchal and Himanchal.

Quote:
I remember those days when you could party all night long in "the Club" and Zero Gs, now they shut down max at 12:00.
12:00 seriously? Here parties start at 1 AM. I thought Bangalore had better nightlife.

Quote:
You sure you want to come back?.
Yes. I somehow love the city. (or my girlfriend who is in Bangalore and insists I come back immediately.)

PS: I have been driving my KA registered bike here without any issues. I have been stopped multiple times by traffic police but no one even asked about paying road tax. But I think thats for another thread.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:09   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Dont tell me MG Road stretch is still under construction? It started in 2007 IIRC.
You bet, I expect it to be over till 2017

Quote:
Dont agree completely. Ooty, Coonoor, Yercaud, Kodaikanal, Coorg ?? Yes, nothing beats Uttaranchal and Himanchal.
Don't compare Ooty and Coorg with Himachal dude. I hope Himachal is not reading this

Quote:
12:00 seriously? Here parties start at 1 AM. I thought Bangalore had better nightlife.
Nightlife? What is nightlife? After 11 you find each and every shop closed here and you need real guts to go out with a lady at night after 11.

Quote:
PS: I have been driving my KA registered bike here without any issues. I have been stopped multiple times by traffic police but no one even asked about paying road tax. But I think thats for another thread.
Sure is a rant, but tell us what difference do you find between both the places on an honest note? Related to traffic?
Old 1st October 2010, 12:16   #1882
BHPian

@Googleman: Now I have to agree with srishiva. I wonder what is keeping you in a place you seem to detest so much? Surely can't be the pubs which anyway close by midnight ?
Old 1st October 2010, 12:20   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
MG road stretch is on schedule and will be opened by this December. Road below is partially open to public already.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:29   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
You bet, I expect it to be over till 2017
Sure is a rant, but tell us what difference do you find between both the places on an honest note? Related to traffic?
No doubt about that. Its much much better here. Traffic is less. You don't have to worry of availability of parking place (charges are just 10rs at most of places regardless of number of hours. At most 20. Not in malls of course). More eat outs with minimal or no waiting time. Crowd is awesome (If you know what I mean ).

When I don't want to drive, I park at the nearest Metro Station,flash my Metro Card and hop on. Namma Metro should learn from their counterpart here.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:40   #1885
BHPian

On the brighter side, atleast you don't get kidnapped by Naxals while on the road here :P.
When I lived in Jharkhand, I always wanted to drive till Kharagpur from Jamshedpur not withstanding the pot holed roads , but my local friends told me to give up the idea due to other factors.

I'm not defending Bangalore here coz I don't belong here, nor do i plan to spend the rest of my life here. But every place has its good and bad things and all things considered, Bangalore is not such a bad place to be in. And atleast the government is taking steps and constructing new flyovers as well as the Metro, instead of sitting idle. Atleast we have a government here, instead of governor's rule.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:41   #1886
Senior - BHPian

@Googleman; Dude, why don't you chill out for a bit? We got your point, there is no need to go overboard on this.

Quote:
Don't compare Ooty and Coorg with Himachal dude. I hope Himachal is not reading this
What do you mean Himachal is not reading this??? Please don't do unfair comparisions over here. Each place has its own unique charm to it and that cannot be comparable. And please don't talk that all you get here is Nandi Hills. Nandi Hills is important to Bangalore in it's own way. And if you come out of the well and look around, you will find places.

Ranting about traffic is one thing, but you have to learn to respect the place where you live in whether it may be Bangalore, Noida, Delhi or any other place for that matter and not be ignorant. And by the way this has nothing to do with 'patriotism' as you call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
@Googleman: Now I have to agree with srishiva. I wonder what is keeping you in a place you seem to detest so much? Surely can't be the pubs which anyway close by midnight ?
True. I would like to ask the same question

Last edited by addyhemmige : 1st October 2010 at 12:42.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:35   #1887
BaldOwl

Videos from youtube:

Old 13th October 2010, 18:11   #1888
BHPian

This happened past Sunday, @7PM.

Had stopped my SwifDy at an unmanned junction in the HAL airport road, to allow vehicles from the opposite lane to take a U-turn when I felt a bump. Pulled-over to the left and see a Ford Fusion follow me and park behind. Got down to see a biggg dent in the rear bumper and luckily no damage elsewhere.

The fusion driver had this to say "a 2-wheeler guy bumped me from behind". Yeahhhh and thus he drove himself towards the left of my SwifDy, managing to dent the left side of the rear bumper. I was speechless and just noted down his insurance and license details and shrugged-off his suggestion to file an FIR to claim from insurance from his. (was in no mood to take proceedings with that guy!)

Tried to pull the dent back via known tricks, but didnt work out. I had to drive down to Chennai the very next day and as the Yeshwantpur Mandovi workshop was booked for the week, I am still driving with a kicked-in rear.
All this after I rejected the valet parking option in BrandFactory, Marathahalli and chose to visit Total instead.

PS: I had to say Thanks to the Fusion guy, for not creating a scene.
PPS: Dont think the dent can be repaired without leaving ugly scars, have decided to replace the bumper. Ironically, the same bumper got its first wound at Brand Factory; last year. (my mistake though).

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 13th October 2010 at 18:14.
Old 17th October 2010, 09:24   #1889
BHPian

Yet another incident of mugging, and this time turned murkier.

I wanted to share this here, and suggest everyone not to stop the vehicle whatever happens. If you ask me now, I would say its alright to hit someone and end up in the police station or the court and let the law take its course rather than ending up with the goons. Can't predict what all tricks these scumbags come up with.

Couple of days my friend was driving alone in his Esteem to Whitefield.
Close to the Agara (the lonely stretch after the signal) towards the ring road, a small girl came running from the pavement and fell in front of the car as usual. My friend braked in time and rolled down the windows to check.

As soon as he got down from the car, four guys armed with pistols and daggers thrashed him up, pulled him up into the car and drove away. They demanded 1L from him and finally settled for 25k. They made him call friends to get the money and exchange it at a deserted place. Friend was already beaten up very badly and they warned him of dire consequences if at all his friend/s tried to alert the cops.
Later they dumped him at a place and drove away with his car.

Guys, never ever get out the car whatever happens. Keep driving and report to the nearest police station at any cost. And all this took place at 4.30 in the evening.

Last edited by jeeva : 17th October 2010 at 09:26.
Old 17th October 2010, 09:28   #1890
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't call this mugging. Its dacoity. Hope the perpetrators are caught.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks