Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 16:25   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
they should have been given a DSLR with a telephoto to work their magic.
They should be given lessons by our very own ze Hawk, IronH4WK!!
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 10:46   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

There was a huge line at Carmelaram level crossing today at around 9.45 am. I think it was because of a train stopped across the level crossing. I waited for 5 minutes and then saw no point in waiting. So I came via Kodathi. Until I reached Gunjur, there was only a tipper that I had to overtake. This road is so empty (but has some ugly humps). I think those who take Carmelaram road should also explore this road.
Old 18th May 2012, 10:54   #3378
Senior - BHPian

Any HSR residents here?

Isn't anyone troubled by the 27th Main in Sector 1. I can't even begin to describe what a mess that road is. More so due to the half baked idea of just tarring the road, now everyone want to take that bit of the road, even if it means coming in the wrong direction to oncoming cars.

Why aren't the authorities doing anything about this. The Agara flyover construction finished more than a year back even then they did not do anything, and then for a year they laid the massive 5ft pipes through the stretch. And once that was complete they still have not taken any step.

One of the highest road tax in the country eh? For this!!
Old 18th May 2012, 11:21   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Very pathetic jam at Yamloor bridge (errr, a puliya rather). Took about an hour for me to get across. I was expecting a mayhem at the bridge but surprisingly when i got closer i could see there were decent number of cops controlling the traffic and still a huge pileup is unexplainable.

Still not sure what caused it, anyone was there this morning?
Old 18th May 2012, 11:25   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Huge jam on Bannerghatta road earlier today, starting from just after jayadeva circle. Reason? A sand lorry broke down just after Accenture.
Old 18th May 2012, 13:20   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
There was a huge line at Carmelaram level crossing today at around 9.45 am. I think it was because of a train stopped across the level crossing. I waited for 5 minutes and then saw no point in waiting. So I came via Kodathi. Until I reached Gunjur, there was only a tipper that I had to overtake. This road is so empty (but has some ugly humps). I think those who take Carmelaram road should also explore this road.
Which one is kodathi? do u mean Take decathlon, then mullur village and then gunjur.
Old 18th May 2012, 14:27   #3382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Huge jam on Bannerghatta road earlier today, starting from just after jayadeva circle. Reason? A sand lorry broke down just after Accenture.
Had the jam propogated till there?
I joined b'ghatta road from Jayanagar side at the Sagar Apollo junction, so didn't notice the jam that much. It took me some 5-10 minutes to get past this truck.

It wasn't a breakdown originally. Actually the sand truck had collided with a Scorpio, in fact rear ended it. The Scorpio sped away with a cracked rear windshield after some heated arguments, but this truck refused to start after the collision .

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th May 2012 at 14:28.
Old 18th May 2012, 14:47   #3383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Any HSR residents here?

Isn't anyone troubled by the 27th Main in Sector 1. I can't even begin to describe what a mess that road is. More so due to the half baked idea of just tarring the road, now everyone want to take that bit of the road, even if it means coming in the wrong direction to oncoming cars.

Why aren't the authorities doing anything about this. The Agara flyover construction finished more than a year back even then they did not do anything, and then for a year they laid the massive 5ft pipes through the stretch. And once that was complete they still have not taken any step.

One of the highest road tax in the country eh? For this!!
Oh you bet, it has become a mess .
GOD only knows what exactly these guys are up to .

Cheers
Old 18th May 2012, 15:19   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Well, wait for couple of weeks more for monsoon to start. Will be better to walk from Marathahalli to Vrindavan tech park till Kadubisinahalli underpass work is done. I got stuck above underpass for around 40 mins when it rained on last Monday evening.

Walking when it rains?? That road, I hope does not take anyones' life.
Old 18th May 2012, 15:31   #3385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Which one is kodathi? do u mean Take decathlon, then mullur village and then gunjur.
Correct. The junction at which you take left on Sarjapur road to go to Mullur is called Kodathi gate.
Old 18th May 2012, 16:29   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. The junction at which you take left on Sarjapur road to go to Mullur is called Kodathi gate.
Oh OK . i take this road most of the time even though it is approx 2KM longer than the Karmelram one.
Old 18th May 2012, 19:15   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
The following level crossing seems to be a better option to bye pass Karmelram crossing

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

I have not taken it , but has seen the crossing from the train and the roads around the crossing appeared to be decent at least from the train.

If anyone takes this road, please leave the feedback here. It will help lot of folks who get stuck at Karmaleram level crossing every day

- Wind
Old 18th May 2012, 21:10   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
The following level crossing seems to be a better option to bye pass Karmelram crossing

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

I have not taken it , but has seen the crossing from the train and the roads around the crossing appeared to be decent at least from the train.

If anyone takes this road, please leave the feedback here. It will help lot of folks who get stuck at Karmaleram level crossing every day

- Wind
I tried it on Tuesday. I had been to Kodathi church, and saw the newly tarred road in front of it. So I went exploring.

This road would be useful only if you want to continue on Sarjapur road. You cannot take the road next to SPT. It is mud road. The other road easily adds 2-3 km extra. Moreover, the road has some really bad stretches. Add to that, cow and sheep herds. But I was surprised to see some apartments coming up around there! The road is just broad enough for one bus/truck.
Old 18th May 2012, 23:05   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Any HSR residents here? Isn't anyone troubled by the 27th Main in Sector 1.
Stopped taking this road long back. Even if it is an extra KM, I take the 19th main (IOC fuel bunk) and reach the 27th main if at all needed. What I heard was there was some hard rock formation that they had to blast to put the water pipes. I don't understand why they can't repair the roads where the pipes are already laid.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:43   #3390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Oh OK . i take this road most of the time even though it is approx 2KM longer than the Karmelram one.
Even i take this road more often these days, rather than the Carmelaram road. Only issue on this road is some narrow passages as it cuts through some villages. If you are faced with a bus from the opposite side, then there is a bit of a hassle going through. Also, if you are behind a bus, then he will almost never let you overtake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks