Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 16:28   #3451
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

After 5 long years, have changed my office timings. I am leaving from white field at 10:30 PM to Bannerghatta Road.

I was expecting to see the cab drivers racing & bullying, but was surprised to see almost all cab drivers going slow. But they were everywhere on the road and not leaving anyone to pass them or overtake them. No amount of honking or flashing had any effect on them.

Just as irritating as they were before

Regards
Old 13th June 2012, 19:01   #3452
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Saw this post by BTP on their facebook wall:
CHANGES AT NAGAVARA CIRCLE
1) People coming from Hennur Cross NO RIGHT TURN AT NAGAVARA JN TOWARD THANISANDRA MAIN ROAD. People going towards Thanisandra main road has to take U Turn under Veeranna palya flyover and come back and go to Thanisandra.
2) People coming from Tannery road and going towards Thanisandra NO RIGHT TURN AT NAGAVARA JN TOWARDS HENNUR.
3) People coming from Thanisandra can have RIGHT TURN AT NAGAVARA JN TO GO TOWARDS HEBBALA.
4) Signal time at this junction during peak hours has been reduced from 240 sec to 160 sec commuters are requested to co-operate.

People working in and around Manyata tech park, please be aware..
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 08:06   #3453
BHPian

Not sure if this classifies here, but my way into work today, I saw a Omni, packed like sardines with children coming the wrong way on Bannerghatta Road

Bannerghatta Road is two lanes on each side, but in the morning most of the times the left most lane is occupied by Garbage trucks, people cleaning the road etc. so this guy was literally alternating between the right lane and left lane in the wrong direction.

What made matters worse was that he was speeding with his high beams on!

Last edited by superutp : 14th June 2012 at 08:10.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 09:27   #3454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Not sure if this classifies here, but my way into work today, I saw a Omni, packed like sardines with children coming the wrong way on Bannerghatta Road
!
This is something very common in bannerghatta road, I don't think any action will be ever taken on people coming on the wrong side. If its a school-owned omni please note the reg number and inform the school authorities. I have done this couple of times.

Also, now its a "No Right Turn" and "No U Turn" in Arekere Singnal, but still most of them violate this even when traffic police is monitoring this signal.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:23   #3455
Senior - BHPian

Bannerghatta Road stretch to turn one-way from Sagar Hospital Junction to Old Gurappanapalya Junction from 16th.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:09   #3456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
BTP has gone about putting those orange, plastic lane dividers on quite a few roads across B'lore to segregate traffic that wants to take a left/right and that which wants to go straight.
Yesterday I was at the Bible Society traffic signal (MG road) waiting for the lights to turn green. Inspite of these lane markers, some morons on bikes were on the left lane waiting to join "my" lane and go straight into MG road. What's the damn rush? And one such moron will encourage a long line of more morons behind him and lot of poo poo, paa paa honking from those who want to go left.

Even at the victoria signal on MG road (at the chinnaswamy stadium) BMTC buses stop at the bus stop, located just before the signal. Then they want to turn right towards Kasturba rd, but are in the left most lane. When the signal is green to take a left towards MG road, these buses are blocking our path since it's otherwise red for going straight and right onto kasturba road.

I'm going to recommend shifting this bus stop after the signal or much before it on the BTP page on fb.
Old 14th June 2012, 17:02   #3457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Bannerghatta Road stretch to turn one-way[/url] from Sagar Hospital Junction to Old Gurappanapalya Junction from 16th.
This is how the diversions would be:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bgrd1.jpg
Image courtesy: Times of India
Link: Article Window
Old 14th June 2012, 17:11   #3458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
This is how the diversions would be:
Attachment 941319
Image courtesy: Times of India
Link: Article Window
That reddy hospital road becoming a one-way is a useless move. I am put up right here and some 6-7 years back they had done the same thing when Jayadeva flyover was under construction. Nobody respects the one way rule here, resulting in quite a few accidents.

Jalbhavan road remains 2 way? That is a slum road actually . Not sure who will take that stretch anyway. Bad, bad move on the whole!

Parallel discussion happening on this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...june-16-a.html

Perhaps the mods could consider merging the two posts into that thread, or vice versa.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th June 2012 at 17:16.
Old 14th June 2012, 17:19   #3459
Senior - BHPian

Is there still Reddy Hospital? I thought it was converted to a restaurant. While it will reduce congestion on one -section of Banneghtatta road, the right turn at Reddy Hospital junction is going to a mess, considering the steep gradient there.

The biggest congestion is still between Sagar automobiles & Spar. How is that is going to be addressed?
Old 14th June 2012, 20:34   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Is there still Reddy Hospital? I thought it was converted to a restaurant. While it will reduce congestion on one -section of Banneghtatta road, the right turn at Reddy Hospital junction is going to a mess, considering the steep gradient there.

The biggest congestion is still between Sagar automobiles & Spar. How is that is going to be addressed?
Very simple solution.. Get rid of Savoury! that restaurant is the root cause of all the log jams on Bannerghatta Road right from Dairy circle! And secondly, widen the road at Sagar Maruti showroom point.

I would really like to meet the Einstein who gave permit to that restaurant. Then again, he must be away on a holiday to some exotic location, enjoying his well earned moneys.
Old 15th June 2012, 00:24   #3461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Very simple solution.. Get rid of Savoury! that restaurant is the root cause of all the log jams on Bannerghatta Road right from Dairy circle!
Yesterday it took around 20mins for me to cross this restaurant from Dairy circle, this was @ 10:30PM. They don't have parking facility but got approval for Restaurant(two floors), Lodge, Conference Room etc. Wondering how these guys are getting approval without parking lot in such a congested road. Last month I posted this issue in BTP(Facebook) but didn't get any response.
Old 15th June 2012, 08:30   #3462
BHPian

With the section of Bannerghatta Road becoming a one way I need to re-think my return route home i.e. Near Mantri Elite to Race Course Course.

Need some suggestions, does it make any sense to take the new diversion after Jaydeva and then come back on Bannerghtta road at Sagar Hospital then>Dairy Circle>lalbagh>KH Road and so on, or is it better to take the diversion and drive within Jaynagar and come out near Lalbagh directly? How is the traffic within Jaynagar between 3:30pm-5:30pm? More importantly will it be better or worse than the congestion on Bannerghatta Road?
Old 15th June 2012, 09:05   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Need some suggestions, does it make any sense to take the new diversion after Jaydeva and then come back on Bannerghtta road at Sagar Hospital then>Dairy Circle>lalbagh>KH Road and so on, or is it better to take the diversion and drive within Jaynagar and come out near Lalbagh directly?
There are 2 other alternatives:
1) Reddy Hospital Junction -> Swagath Main road -> Swimming Pool -> Madhavan Park -> Lalbagh -> KH Road
2) Reddy Hospital Junction -> Swagath Main road -> Nimhans -> KH Road.
Route 1 is signal-free and has less traffic. But roads are slightly smaller. Route 2 is notorious for traffic-hold ups at Wilson Garden 10th cross. There is a road via Siddapura from Nimhans but its crowded.

Last edited by msdivy : 15th June 2012 at 09:07.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 10:14   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
There are 2 other alternatives:
I am planning to turn left from Jayadeva and turn right into 4th Main Road, which keeps going straight, crosses lalbagh and joins JC road and heads to corporation. Will try this route out today.

I can't avoid corporation regardless of the route so I feel the wrath of the countless buses everyday in my little Beat.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:42   #3465
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder what they will do with the many cars/bikes coming out of the IBC Knowledge Park (Accenture/Oracle/Ciber/Sterling Commerce etc.) and currently u-turning at the Savoury/SPAR median gap.

Are they going to permanently shut this median gap? They have already shut it till around 4 p.m. anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks