Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 17:29   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
@abhinav.s: That was close. Really close. Wish that Splendor guy also have his mobile get under the wheels of some vehicle, and learn a lesson.
Ha ha ha.. well that would teach him a lesson for sure if it got crushed on the road!

Coming to the incident, the bus driver who saw the splendor guy slow down was almost going to hit him from behind and plow me into the divider as he could not maneuver the bus in those split seconds. Thankfully he braked hard which gave me space to get out.

The total disregard for own life as well as other road users is what is annoying the most.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:36   #1952
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Kudos to the BMTC driver
Was the biker wearing a helmet? You should have given him a dressing down
Old 6th January 2011, 17:36   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Coming to the incident, the bus driver who saw the splendor guy slow down was almost going to hit him from behind and plow me into the divider as he could not maneuver the bus in those split seconds. Thankfully he braked hard which gave me space to get out.
Actually, sometimes what I have noticed is the Bus Drivers do notice you and actually even though it seems they are going to smash you into the divider, they will move right only after you pass him. Of course, sounding your horn is a must.

The slowing down of the Splendor thus put even the bus guy in a difficult position. Good thing, if the bus was a bit faster, the splendor guy might not be in one piece to check his mobile. Little regard for one's own life
Old 6th January 2011, 17:38   #1954
Senior - BHPian

i found out today that some so called literate people, working for a certain MNC at an undisclosed location () JUST CAN'T PARK their cars!! i mean, they buy big cars, drive them too, but when it comes to parking them (as they should be) they suck big time!

allow me..

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00868.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00871.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00872.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00873.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00877.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00878.jpg

and then there are others who think planet Earth is their God given gift for them to park anywhere as they please.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00885.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 6th January 2011 at 17:42.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:59   #1955
Senior - BHPian

^^I know this buliding/Parking lot. The secondlast picture of the Getz is fine saar. Its near perfect parking I would say. Nevertherless I suck big time at line to line parking.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:03   #1956
BANNED

Hey IRON4HAWK, those are some brilliant pics. Did you forward them to the respective company's HR. We did that a while back in Diamond District. There was a huge hue and cry. Though the folks who suffered were the watchmen, they now had to direct each of these folks to park properly. And then bear the burnt of some big inflated egos.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:54   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Hey IRON4HAWK, those are some brilliant pics. Did you forward them to the respective company's HR. We did that a while back in Diamond District. There was a huge hue and cry. Though the folks who suffered were the watchmen, they now had to direct each of these folks to park properly. And then bear the burnt of some big inflated egos.
i work for that company and maybe that's the HR's car!!

while i was there, i helped a lady park here car after watching her struggle with her WagonR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The secondlast picture of the Getz is fine saar. Its near perfect parking I would say.
a good driver will always get his/her tires in-line before leaving the car after parking

Last edited by IronH4WK : 6th January 2011 at 18:59.
Old 7th January 2011, 23:48   #1958
Team-BHP Support

At the Agara flyover, while coming from the HSR Layout side, the left-most lane (the side lane on the left of the HSR-Sarjapur flyover) is rather narrow. So, apparently to ensure no heavy vehicles go thru' that road, they have constructed a height barrier. And the funny part is, for that narrow lane also they have managed to come up with one which has a centre pole!

What is not funny however is, in the unfortunate event of an emergency, there is no way an ambulance/fire tender can reach the residential complexes between this height barrier and where the flyover ends. And the road itself is so narrow, any vehicle would have to take a very very sharp U-turn from the flyover to get there.

Does BDA have no brain at al?? I hope the residents there protest!
Old 8th January 2011, 02:11   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
a good driver will always get his/her tires in-line before leaving the car after parking
Thats why I used the term 'Near Perfect'
Old 8th January 2011, 08:45   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i found out today that some so called literate people, working for a certain MNC at an undisclosed location () JUST CAN'T PARK their cars!! i mean, they buy big cars, drive them too, but when it comes to parking them (as they should be) they suck big time!

allow me..

and then there are others who think planet Earth is their God given gift for them to park anywhere as they please.

Attachment 478378
I am not sure if the space provided for parking is adequate for three big cars. In that case, there is no way other than taking up space from the next parking lot.

Even if you can park three vehicles, there will no space to get in or get out specially for the vehicle parked in the middle lane.

I have experienced this myself a number of times. They just try to unreasonably draw parking lines without checking if the space provided with is adequate.

Of course, they could allot different parking spots for big vehicles and small vehicles.
Old 8th January 2011, 10:30   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I am not sure if the space provided for parking is adequate for three big cars. In that case, there is no way other than taking up space from the next parking lot.

Even if you can park three vehicles, there will no space to get in or get out specially for the vehicle parked in the middle lane.

I have experienced this myself a number of times. They just try to unreasonably draw parking lines without checking if the space provided with is adequate.

Of course, they could allot different parking spots for big vehicles and small vehicles.
true. i found that the parking spaces provided in that basement at the most can accommodate a Getz (barely) and i saw at least 8-10 long sedans parked in those spaces, thereby encroaching into the next parking slot. and then its a cascading effect.

however, there is no excuse parking like that Getz guy - in between slots!!
Old 9th January 2011, 22:45   #1962
Senior - BHPian

^^
The car right to Getz is parked very close to the line leaving tight space for the Getz guy to park in his space. Also space on left is not enough to park a car due to angular corner ..!. So Getz guy decided to take some of that space. :-))

In my office parking space - I see many cars (incl civics, citys, Corollas) parked in the spaces reserved for handicapped people. None of these car owners are actually handicapped!!.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:46   #1963
BANNED

The Getz parked on 2 parking spots actually is a wise thing. Look at the wall on the left hand side of the Getz - its cutting the parking slot.
Old 10th January 2011, 11:52   #1964
Team-BHP Support

En route to airport, driving behind a bus on the Hebbal flyover. Bus brakes hard, I brake and stop. Watch a wagon R nearly go into me (he would be the loser). Bus suddenly shows left indicator and slowly merges to left left lane. Reason for sudden braking - an Innova in front of bus misses the exist to ORR and is reversing back in the outermost lane. I was in a hurry else I would have love to make things awkward!
Old 10th January 2011, 16:34   #1965
Senior - BHPian

on Bannerghatta road - on the way to the BHP meet!!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_6912.jpg
mum's the word!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks