Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 11:43   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Thanks for that Newpunter!!

I tried this route yesterday. Though it seemed longer, it was nice and peaceful drive, compared to ORR.

Some road-work is going on in the last stretch and the road condition is poor for about 1 km. Otherwise lot better then the chaotic ORR.
Yes, the road work was started recently and hopefully it should be completed soon. If you want to get a bit adventurous, instead of using this road, you can keep going straight and you should touch ORR somewhere near the spot where there is the railway bridge crossing the ORR. I haven't tried it yet so i cannot tell you the exact route though.

Glad that you liked the route. I think it is about 2-3 kms longer than the ORR but you don't get bumper to bumper traffic and you can drive peacefully without worrying about people overtaking you from all sides.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:04   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
I know what you are talking about. Fill in the gaps? Criss cross cars, block other people's way, change lanes, ride on foot path and if possible ride on the other side of the road.
^^ Nope that is not what I meant!

There are saner ways of riding man.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:17   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Yes, the road work was started recently and hopefully it should be completed soon.
Hopefully!! But I don't understand the indian method of road-work. They've dug-up the whole road and filled with gravels. It felt like a roller-coaster ride.

Quote:
If you want to get a bit adventurous, instead of using this road, you can keep going straight and you should touch ORR somewhere near the spot where there is the railway bridge crossing the ORR. I haven't tried it yet so i cannot tell you the exact route though.
I dont mind a little adventure. But I'm weak in geography and hence, routes.
BTW, Which railway bridge are you talikng about? I actually joined ORR at the railway bridge crossing only!! Where ORR goues underpass...

Quote:
Glad that you liked the route. I think it is about 2-3 kms longer than the ORR
Are you sure it's only 2-3 kms longer? My first impression was that it should be atleast 5kms longer. Let me measure today.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 29th September 2010 at 12:25.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:51   #1864
BANNED

10 KMPH can be good speed in busy city roads. You can't expect to do 250KMPH inside city . So would you care to clarify your route? And is 10KMPH regular feature or just one of special case?
Quote:
I can't believe I commuted to office at a speed less than 10KMPH.
Well you choose Bangalore and now no choice but to be its patriot
Quote:
To Bangalore and it patriots.
Old 29th September 2010, 13:04   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
10 KMPH can be good speed in busy city roads. You can't expect to do 250KMPH inside city . So would you care to clarify your route? And is 10KMPH regular feature or just one of special case?
Well you are correct. 10KMPH is a "good" speed for people in Bengalooru

From C.V Raman Nagar to ITPL. It is a regular feature now. Gone are the days when I used to reach in 20 minutes. Bangalore is developing you see I guess it is metro work which has started and they have occupied half of the road. Now I think this will be till 2020.

Quote:
Well you choose Bangalore and now no choice but to be its patriot
Well the conditions don't convince me.

Last edited by Googleman : 29th September 2010 at 13:06.
Old 29th September 2010, 13:38   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Hopefully!! But I don't understand the indian method of road-work. They've dug-up the whole road and filled with gravels. It felt like a roller-coaster ride.

Are you sure it's only 2-3 kms longer? My first impression was that it should be atleast 5kms longer. Let me measure today.
Funny thing is that the road was much better before the road work was started .

I only travel till Marathahalli and for me the distance is only about 1Km more, so i expected it to be 2-3 kms for you, but yeah you could be right.

Regarding the railway bridge, now you must be touching the ORR just before it, the road i'm talking about should take you further than the bridge. But you need to do a little research on Google maps .
Old 29th September 2010, 13:57   #1867
BANNED

Better than some places in JH where the average speed is 5KMPH because of cattle on road
Quote:
Well you are correct. 10KMPH is a "good" speed for people in Bengalooru
You have genuine cause for concern. You have 2 options. Either fight & get Metro work stopped or take flight & settle in Kadugodi. So your commute will be 2 minutes.
Quote:
From C.V Raman Nagar to ITPL. It is a regular feature now. Gone are the days when I used to reach in 20 minutes. Bangalore is developing you see I guess it is metro work which has started and they have occupied half of the road. Now I think this will be till 2020.
Old 29th September 2010, 14:42   #1868
BHPian

I lived in Jharkhand for 3 years. Except for Jamshedpur ( and Ranchi to some extent ), the roads are not much developed either. They are worse than here. And we have to thank the Tatas for Jamshedpur. And the road sense( or lack of it ) is not much different from Bangalore. Inspite of having good roads, I used to see daily traffic jams just after crossing the railway station and trying to enter Bistupur area.

The current problems in Bangalore are due to the fact that the governments in India never plan in advance and only take up developments once we have already reached the limits of the infrastructure. But this is not unique to Bangalore and is the same in all parts of India. While the advanced countries plan their cities with a 20 year period in mind, we plan for only 5 years and the implementation of those plans take more than 5 years. And when we add the corruption and overall apathy, it's a miracle that anything gets done at all.

In the end, I would say that it is a good thing that we are getting the Metro as well as all the flyover work that is being done all over bangalore currently. We may have to face a lot of hardships for a year or two, but atleast things should improve once all that work is done. We citizens complain when the government doesn't do anything and also complain when they do something .

Also, having the best infrastructure doesn't count for much if we still drive like morons. And this is what we should work on. I wish Team BHP could start an initiative like the Jaagore initiative where we encourage people to follow all traffic rules and drive sanely.

Last edited by Newpunter : 29th September 2010 at 14:44.
Old 29th September 2010, 14:54   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Better than some places in JH where the average speed is 5KMPH because of cattle on road
Have you seriously been anywhere out of Bangalore?

Quote:
I lived in Jharkhand for 3 years. Except for Jamshedpur ( and Ranchi to some extent ), the roads are not much developed either. They are worse than here.
Which year did you go? Check it out now.

Quote:
The current problems in Bangalore are due to the fact that the governments in India never plan in advance and only take up developments once we have already reached the limits of the infrastructure. But this is not unique to Bangalore and is the same in all parts of India.
I disagree again. Please have a visit to Gurgaon and see how well it is being planned keeping future development in mind.

Quote:
We citizens complain when the government doesn't do anything and also complain when they do something .
Correct. because the government is doing "something" for 10 years not realising they are creating jams and hardships for 10 years to save it for future 5 years.

Quote:
Also, having the best infrastructure doesn't count for much if we still drive like morons..
Exactly my point. But other than working on it, people say "bla bla bla is worst so what is the problem if bangalore is"

or

"Bangalore is too populated to handle it"

The insane reasons keep multiplying by the number of patriots, other than trying to solve it and really showing to be a patriot.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:26   #1870
BANNED

I disagree. You must visit Singapore. Though the land is limited, you can see yourself how it is planned and developed. Gudgaon is no where near.
Quote:
I disagree again. Please have a visit to Gurgaon and see how well it is being planned keeping future development in mind.
A true patriot solves the problem. Like reducing commute time to 2 minutes
Quote:
The insane reasons keep multiplying by the number of patriots, other than trying to solve it and really showing to be a patriot.
Thats bad. What was the cause for this delay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
From my home to Main road (near BTM bustand junction) is about 500 mtrs. It took cool 50 minutes today morning around 9.
Well I ask again. Please, could you elaborate on the happiness part of NH7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Frankly speaking, the happiness and that specia feeling you get when you cross attibele (when going to chennai/salem side) ,can never be felt in a developed country.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:56   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
<snip>...</snip>

Well I ask again. Please, could you elaborate on the happiness part of NH7?
I was referring to the nirvana attained,when you can drive at around 100KMPH from those 10KMPHs.

As nepunter pointed out,some jaagore on driving manners is the need of the hour.
Old 29th September 2010, 19:48   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Continuing on my previous post, here is the map of the route:
Attachment 431497
Hey Newpunter,

This map is a revelation. Will check it out this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 29th September 2010, 21:00   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Let's hear what has been your contribution to solving "it". Have you started taking the bus? or company transportation perhaps? ITPL shuttle? Moving closer to the place of work?

Nobody here is saying the traffic situation isn't bad in Bangalore, but your tone of posting is very offensive. We have all chosen to make this city our home and find such snide remarks hurtful.

If you feel like ranting and complaining, please do. But keep your generalizations, accusation and comparisons to yourself - they add no value to the discussion. It really doesn't matter if Jarkhand or Gurgaon or Hong Kong have better roads or discipline. We live here in Bangalore and the traffic is bad. Period. If you have any positive suggestions from your experiences elsewhere, let us please hear them.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:42   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
Let's hear what has been your contribution to solving "it". Have you started taking the bus? or company transportation perhaps? ITPL shuttle? Moving closer to the place of work?

Nobody here is saying the traffic situation isn't bad in Bangalore, but your tone of posting is very offensive. We have all chosen to make this city our home and find such snide remarks hurtful.

If you feel like ranting and complaining, please do. But keep your generalizations, accusation and comparisons to yourself - they add no value to the discussion. It really doesn't matter if Jarkhand or Gurgaon or Hong Kong have better roads or discipline. We live here in Bangalore and the traffic is bad. Period. If you have any positive suggestions from your experiences elsewhere, let us please hear them.
FYI - The thread is created for rant on bangalore traffic not for "positive suggestions" for people like you. So you better leave it to the MODS to decide whether it contributes any value or not.

Also, I never said it matters if JH or any other place has better roads, read the complete thread and then comment. Why would I keep my generalizations, accusation and comparisons to myself? This is a public forum and everyone can post their views.

I never had to justify myself, but just for people like you who do lecture-baaji on forums, here's what I did:-

Shifted from Sanjay Nagar to BTM when office was in EC.
Shifted from BTM to CV Raman Nagar when office moved to Whitefield.
Taken office transport for a year which used to take 4 hours of my day.
Slept in office dormitory during bands and strikes.

What else does one do? You realise the monitory loss and tension involved in doing all this?
Even after doing all this I reached late to office because I suddenly see some road is dug up, or the cops suddenly realise "Oh, this is supposed to be a one-way".

Last edited by Googleman : 30th September 2010 at 10:44.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:19   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Well, now I know why Bangalore is this.
Dude, if the population is more, the infrastructure should be built in a way to manage the population - LIKE MANY OTHER STATES IN INDIA.
Quote:
Ever been to Delhi, Chandigarh, Gurgaon and also Jharkhand? Except Chandigarh all others are highly populated and they do handle their traffic pretty well
Quote:
Also, I never said it matters if JH or any other place has better roads, read the complete thread and then comment.
See the contradiction?

Quote:
FYI - The thread is created for rant on bangalore traffic not for "positive suggestions" for people like you. So you better leave it to the MODS to decide whether it contributes any value or not.
Please. Rant on to your heart's content. But keep your ranting to Bangalore traffic. Don't bring in "LIKE MANY OTHER STATES IN INDIA".

I sympathize with your plight. We are all victims of terrible traffic in Bangalore. But keep your rantings to traffic. There is no need to start off on "Patriots of Bangalore". I take offense to that because I am a citizen of this city.

Last edited by bullinb : 30th September 2010 at 11:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks