Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2008, 08:41   #361
Senior - BHPian

Last night was mayhem took me a good 3 hrs to reach home from e-city inspite of starting at 10pm.

Some areas on hosur road needs to be bombed and taken off the city map.
Old 15th August 2008, 08:55   #362
Senior - BHPian

Same here; started late from office by 15 minutes and the traffic was just crazy. On two laned, two way traffic road, people on one side are all looking at getting on to the other side. And then you have the 'Street Hawks' - over take from left and cut across and slow down!!!

Notice one person on a bike with a kid in the middle, wife at the back and the wify is having a banana tree (medium sized) on her shoulder. And few bags of grocery on the bike's handle. With this, the person is swaying thru traffic causing difficulty to others!

Came home and parked the car inside. No way that I would have taken it out no matter what.
Old 15th August 2008, 09:31   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Notice one person on a bike with a kid in the middle, wife at the back and the wify is having a banana tree (medium sized) on her shoulder. And few bags of grocery on the bike's handle. With this, the person is swaying thru traffic causing difficulty to others!
The already jammed roads of beninganahalli is over jamed with this shoppers on the street + sellers on the platforms.

Should be due to shoping in rains for the Varalaxmi vrudha?
Old 15th August 2008, 13:35   #364
Team-BHP Support

I took 2 hours to cover 7kms from Koramangala 1st block till Indira Nagar. Was stuck inside 1st Main Koramangala 1st block for 1 hour, thanks to stupid cab drivers, rickshaws and techies occupying the wrong lane and blocking the whole stretch.

Educated or not, its the users that contribute to 80% of mess!
Old 15th August 2008, 15:10   #365
BHPian

One of my friends, recently moved from Mumbai to Bangalore - stays in Malleswaram and drives everyday to office in Koramangala. It was a relief when he comments that Bangalore traffic is not bad as he expected and at times better than Mumbai! What do you folks think?
Old 15th August 2008, 15:59   #366
BANNED

It all depends on what time of day your friend commutes. Before 8 am in the mornings and before 5 pm / after 9:30 pm in the evenings are usually relatively better compared to other times.
Old 15th August 2008, 16:03   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
It all depends on what time of day your friend commutes. Before 8 am in the mornings and before 5 pm / after 9:30 pm in the evenings are usually relatively better compared to other times.
Thanks - the question is not about different times of the day; but that of comparing with Mumbai.
Old 15th August 2008, 18:21   #368
Senior - BHPian

Pretty god thinking from me. Started from E/City at 4.30 pm took the nice road and joined B'ghatta road and again took the nice road from b'ghatta road to mysore road. And lo, mysore road was jammed (near the junction of nice road and mysore road). Some how managed to out. And by the time I reached my place in b'ngr it was 6.00 pm. Took around 1 1/2 hrs usually by this route it will take around 1 1/4 hrs. More or less OK.

The idea is if you expect the extended holidays during weekends, taking a detour from e/city is a good idea. Like above. You will save lot of time. Maybe a few kms might be extra but it is wirth it.
Old 15th August 2008, 18:33   #369
Senior - BHPian

By reading this thread i feel like i have got stuck in a traffic jam in Bangalore even if i am not in Bangalore.....
Old 15th August 2008, 20:17   #370
BHPian

last night was infact mayhem and by night I mean 1030-11pm.
It was real late and raining, and my friend had to be dropped home on airport road, so I decided to get out and give him a drop and test my new headers on the empty roads
Got out of raheja residency and saw a huge traffic jam in front of maharaja restaurant - went into the maharaja restaurant lane and came out back infront of ezone and got back towards eigipura. Somehow made it to IRR, IRR itself was clogged all the way upto airport road. In the meanwhile so the jam on otherside and decided not to come back by IRR. Dropped friend at airport road and headed towards marathalli to get onto ORR. All the lights on the roads were off and the pathetic losers coming from opposite side with high beams caused more trouble - finally hit ORR and found no streetlights there either (dunno if this is normal for 1130pm)
Finally got back home by 1145 and crashed playing gt5 prologue on the ps3 !!
I still am not sure why there was such a crazy jam all over IRR, eigipura, hosur road, etc
Old 15th August 2008, 20:59   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I still am not sure why there was such a crazy jam all over IRR, eigipura, hosur road, etc
Long weekend buddy. Everybody wants to get out of Bangalroe at the same time. Secondly, y'day was an extended weekend, more vehicles will come out. Third, it was raining through out evening and most part of the night. Hence the traffic jams everywhere.
Old 15th August 2008, 21:53   #372
BANNED

Add water logging to the reasons given by snaronikar. I spent 2 hours travelling from ITPL to C V Raman Nagar in the evening. Ask me minute details of any stretch on the Marathahalli bridge and I'll tell you - spent an hour on that bridge. (Old) Airport Road was water logged near the Emirates cargo gate. Stalled vehicles and hesitant vehicles - you can imagine the rest.
Old 16th August 2008, 23:23   #373
Senior - BHPian

After all this, today's drive was a plesant surprise. Had been to Ayappan temple at Sarjapur road and on the road back (thru Silk Board and straight down to Jai Dev hospital). The road was empty, well, there were few vehicle, but taking the regular traffic, his was nothing. I was doing 50kmph steady from Silk Board to the next signal. First time in ~4 years!!!

Guess the long weekend has got everyone move out of the city! :-)
Old 18th August 2008, 09:56   #374
BHPian

Had to "educate" a educated person for stopping in the middile of the ITPL road on Sunday. Excuse given was I am just to pick up a person. Damn, to pick up a person, you dont need to occupy the whole road and stop the traffic. One can as well as park the vehicle and then pick up anyone you want to, but atleast leave the traffic alone please. Not only me, a couple of cars behind me "educated" the same person seeing my approach. :-}
Old 25th August 2008, 14:30   #375
Senior - BHPian

The Bangalore traffic police has installed some much needed traffic lights on Bannerghatta Road. One is near that new Maruti showroom, and the other is near Reliance Mart.
Nobody, and by nobody i mean 90%, respects these lights, EVEN IF a cop is standing there. And that too not just in the night but during daytime as well.
The Maruti showroom junction is a no u-turn junction. Yesterday, a two wheeler took a u turn there. But what was funny was that the cop was standing in the middle of the road, and this fellow takes u turn right under his nose!!

The Bangalore Traffic Police is the most spineless traffic police i have ever seen. It seems they are all happy with their government jobs and are least bothered to actually do what their duty is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks