Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 20:44   #406
Senior - BHPian

Guys the post from Spitfire was aimed at the people who were causing that jam and by Bangaloreans he meant all the people residing here and causing this situation.
I can understand the frustration because I was stuck in the same jam and I am sure everyone has suffered because of such people irrespective of the place.
Please understand that this is not a region based bashing but people in this region staying, living and working.
I agree it might not have been the best choice of words but I am sure he does not mean any bad towards any one from any community, just the stupid people who caused the chaos. Now lets not discuss this any more. Please.

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th August 2008 at 20:47.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:44   #407
BANNED

@amohit: Point taken and very well understand that. And i accept one should not generalize but its something that we collectively should be ashamed of. Unless we think we are the city and represent its good or bad we wont really be doing anything for it.

It will just point fingers - the people using IRR, the people using ORR, etc etc. Hope you get the point.

When i generalised, i meant "WE" each and every bangalorean is to be blamed. And yes i am still justified in using the word Bangalorean, until we collectively dont agree that each one of us is pushing the city to chaos because of our inactions and pointing fingers at others, nothing is going to be achieved.

@Sammyboy: Thanks for the support dude, but i still maintain "bangaloreans" you think the situation could have been any different on any other road in bangalore if one part of the road is flooded?

I am against the narrow mindedness of people who say we are natives and we can do no wrong. If you are natives you are in the best position to bring back bangalore to the way it was. Why are you sitting with folded hands pointing fingers at the non-natives?

If one fluent and stern talking native had used his Kannada yesterday against the folks going down the wrong side the whole mess could have been averted.

Think about it.

Last edited by Spitfire : 27th August 2008 at 20:49.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:45   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Bangaloreans i salute you for being the stupidiest and the most thick skinned people on the planet when it comes to driving rules.
This is what I meant.

Even I use the words like stupid/foolish/idiot/moron sometimes. But I normally do not generalize in my opinions to everybody living in that particular city. Instead of commenting on the whole city dwellers, you can use the phrase as "people" , "taxi drivers" , "pedestrians" etc etc. Sorry for preaching. But these are the words that can be used. Hope you appereciate my point of view.

Anyways, I do not want to drag on this OT...

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th August 2008 at 20:50.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:49   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Abusive words?? I used Stupid, Moron and Foolish.

What was abusive in my post dude?

Just by your above lines you will probably make me think twice before doing something like what i did yesterday. If you cant be positive dont be negative atleast.
Dude - I think you need to grab a chilled beer and cool it!

And I guess he was wrong, it was not abusive words, it was the tone and the way that you are invloving all the Bangaloreans in the wrong thing that happened. There are some people who still follow rules and stuff like you and me and a lot of others on this forum and in the outside world. So dont blame everyone and yourself for a few peoples mistakes.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:58   #410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Dude - I think you need to grab a chilled beer and cool it!
Did exactly that after reaching home.

Thats it from me. Dont want to make a big issue out of this. I stand for what i said.

Last edited by Spitfire : 27th August 2008 at 21:05.
Old 28th August 2008, 01:01   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I got stuck at the Bellandur gate junction in ORR today morning for 45 minutes. The stupid cop there was giving more attention to the vehicles on the Bellandur Road coming from Sarjapur Rd than the huge traffic pile-up on the ORR itself. It used to be pretty quick if there was no cop around.
Very valid point! This logic is something i just cant comprehend. The ORR as such handles a huge amount of traffic, and SHOULD be given the maximum priority, over vehicles and traffic which piles on from the side roads. But then, if the person manning the traffic actually knew what he was doing or needs to be done, he wouldnt be a cop.
Old 28th August 2008, 01:26   #412
BHPian

Evne I got stuck up at the same. Add to the wrost I have seen a white Indica Taxi carrying KA-03 MG XXXX hit 4 times on different vehicles running in front of him(within 10 mins). I really didnt understand what was wrong with him. Idiot dont even have common sense of a small kid that his break will fail after coming out of muddy water. Crazy....
Old 28th August 2008, 08:44   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I have seen a white Indica Taxi carrying KA-03 MG XXXX hit

KA 03 MG cant be a taxi.
taxi(yellow board registrations) are from A-D. Older ones without alphabet.
Private cars starts from M upto R if I remember right.
Old 1st September 2008, 15:51   #414
BHPian

Bangalore Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Very valid point! This logic is something i just cant comprehend. The ORR as such handles a huge amount of traffic, and SHOULD be given the maximum priority, over vehicles and traffic which piles on from the side roads.
On the contrary, I find some strange and crazy thinking on where to build the speed breakers on the Bangalore roads. Instead of keeping them on the side roads, joining the main road, they are actually built on the main roads themselves, slowing down the high main road traffic. By-lanes are usually let free and quite often, I've seen vehicles coming on to the main roads with top speeds giving tense moments to motorists using main road.

Even on the main roads too, I see absolute lack of logic on the number, size, type and positioning of the speed breakers... they are actually car breakers at places.. and back breakers for two wheelers at most places.

Just as an example, I drive from Sarjapur Road (near Wipro office) to Electronic City taking the short cut via the Jail/Hosa Road. There are 50+ individual humps on the road on the stretch of just 12-15 Km's. Just crazy!

There are some interesting road signs too on this route.. will post the pictures some day.

cheers:
KK
Old 1st September 2008, 16:19   #415
BHPian

@kishoryk,

Believe me, You are better off taking the Jail road than Parappana Agrahara road.
Today morning, found 5 new speed breakers, taller than usual on the Parappana Agrahara road. (just before the school).

People in the locality were cautioning the road users and were breaking the speed breakers too.

+Rocky+

PS: There was one funny guy on a Fiesta SXI, maroon color, driving all over the speed breaker to avoid being scraped. He, however, did little realise that he was holding/causing discomfort to the traffic than the breakers themselves.

Fiesta Guy, if You are here and reading this, buddy You need to change the roads or the ishtyle

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 1st September 2008 at 16:22.
Old 1st September 2008, 16:55   #416
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire & Samy This story repeats every year....this is the same place where the water gets logged resulting in huge jams this is been happening for last couple of years.

When i was working at EGL i used to make sure that i dont venture out for couple of hours after it rains. Cause i know the mess....

About the people i feel last few years it has turned out to be a nightmare with people not caring for others...god save Bangalore!
Old 1st September 2008, 17:06   #417
BHPian

I recently drove in Chennai,Delhi and Hyderabad after a 2 yr gap.The experiences shocked me and it was thorough eye opener. My opinion that Bangalore drivers were a shade worse got reversed - it seems to be the same situation everywhere. Rash driving, no sense of traffic rules, abusive language used when irritated....day-to-day driving is the same in India.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:27   #418
BHPian

Do i have the freedom to say "We Indians are absolute idiots when it comes to road sense"?

I drive from Ramamurthy Nagar to Airport Road everyday and the amount of time i wait because of some BRILLIANT PEOPLE is mind-boggling. These people come in all shapes and sizes, driving all segment cars even Mercs and Beemers. The last time i saw a black Merc standing in HIS OWN lane when everybody was waiting in the left lane, i called him an @$%^#@&^$%#.

BTW, I only take 90 minutes to cover 14kms.

-- Torqy
Old 1st September 2008, 17:31   #419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Do i have the freedom to say "We Indians are absolute idiots when it comes to road sense"?

-- Torqy

Yes.

All of us are fine in calling the average Indian as stupid, moronic and idiotic.

But the average guy from <any city>, <any state>, <any region> is very smart.

no offense meant.
I am an Indian you see, so I am all that and more.
Old 1st September 2008, 18:42   #420
Team-BHP Support

Today, outside Intel on ORR big trouble

Access from Ecospace to Bellandur junction blocked due to a burst pipe or flooding. All traffic blocks up and chokes the Intel Junction. To add more sorrow, a trailer truck carrying steel runs over a motor bike. Front fork and wheel stuck between the rear eft tyres. Rest of the bike lifted and kept on the truck bed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks