Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 16:47   #1966
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

How I wish I were sitting atop one of those mine trucks, and driving on these roads. I won't see these morons and I'll definitely mow them down like grass
Old 10th January 2011, 17:01   #1967
BANNED

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

He has got his headlight on. What's wrong in the picture then?
Old 10th January 2011, 17:09   #1968
Senior - BHPian

Look at the fools on the other lane struggling in the traffic. Smart Guy !!
Old 10th January 2011, 17:23   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
He has got his headlight on. What's wrong in the picture then?
Having the headlight on is not an excuse/reason/signal for using the wrong lane, AFAIK. Unless it's an ambulance or something in a very critical situation, I wouldn't show any mercy towards such morons. I'll do the maximum possible to avoid a dent on my vehicle but the minimum concern for the moron's safety, if I encounter such a person

Last edited by silversteed : 10th January 2011 at 17:24.
Old 10th January 2011, 17:26   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Having the headlight on is not an excuse/reason/signal for using the wrong lane, AFAIK. Unless it's an ambulance or something in a very critical situation, I wouldn't show any mercy towards such morons. I'll do the maximum possible to avoid a dent on my vehicle but the minimum concern for the moron's safety, if I encounter such a person

Dude...you missed the sarcasm in spitfire's comment

By the way, I sometime want to experiment with driving with high beams on, in the wrong lane. Just want to see if it makes me feel like superhero or may be it gives an illusion that I am invisible!

Regards,
Old 10th January 2011, 17:30   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Dude...you missed the sarcasm in spitfire's comment
You have a point

He missed a smiley, so took it seriously
Old 10th January 2011, 17:42   #1972
BANNED

Quote:
He missed a smiley, so took it seriously
Oops sorry dude.

This I posted a few days back..

Quote:
If you switch on your headlights in Bangalore you can get away with murder.
Old 10th January 2011, 17:46   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This I posted a few days back..
Quote:
If you switch on your headlights in Bangalore you can get away with murder.
Wow... Come sunset, and all are ready for the kill, the population would go down like crazy

It's true everywhere, dude. Not just B'lore
Old 10th January 2011, 18:04   #1974
BANNED

Quote:
It's true everywhere, dude. Not just B'lore
I am in Bangalore, this is the rant on Bangalore traffic thread. So?

It may be happening in Timbuktu too for all I care. So its ok in Bangalore?

Either have a clear argument or don't screw it.

Stinking Chalta Hai attitude of Indians at the fore.
Old 10th January 2011, 18:15   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in Bangalore, this is the rant on Bangalore traffic thread. So?

It may be happening in Timbuktu too for all I care. So its ok in Bangalore?

Either have a clear argument or don't screw it.

Stinking Chalta Hai attitude of Indians at the fore.
Peace...

I have a clear opinion on it, and have raised it too (two posts before yours).
It's not ok anywhere. Now let's not agree to disagree or disagree to agree on this (in short, debate).

Morons like the one in the photo posted by IronH4WK will learn their lesson, most probably at the hands of some similar moron. If we try to teach them a lesson each time we encounter one, then it doesn't differentiate the people with grey cells inside their skull from those with clay/nothing inside.

So many idiots jump signals, drive on the wrong side, ride on footpaths... Ah, this morning, I saw a qualis with its LHS wheels on the footpath driving towards the Raheja Circle signal, from the HDFC bank side in Koramangala. It didn't seem to me that the lone occupant had some problem seeing the edge of the road. No, it was not a driver, and it was on white plates.
Old 10th January 2011, 18:25   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
on Bannerghatta road - on the way to the BHP meet!!

mum's the word!
I think you should send this picture along with reg # to all the local newspapers. (serious..no jokes)

Let there be some pressure on the cops to restore sanity.
Old 10th January 2011, 18:53   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

A never ending menace of morons breaking the law and danger lurking on every road, the Police wastes its time by claiming to go "hitech" with gadgets and yet fail to penalize those who are responsible for all this.

Haven't we all noticed (or rather heard with deafening noise) those shrill horns specially from Private buses and Sand lorries who venture to the most interior roads of the city and causing havoc? Whats the Police doing?

Every day in the evening, private buses (along with BMTC of course) enter the service lane parallel to Bellary Road after Hebbal to avoid the long wait at the signal at Kodigehalli and come out of the service lane to the main road at their will( A right turn or entry to main road from service lane is not allowed here). I stopped by and once questioned a cop as to why they are allowed to go and he replied me asking me to mind my business!

Like how we have been posting pictures and ranting on bad drivers and their parking 'skills' , Folks in Pune (and other cities) have joined 'Pune Traffic Police' page and continuing their fight against similar cases.

An Initiative by Pune Traffic Police where they have formed a Pune Traffic Police' facebook page meets its members on regular basis and take feedback and provide suggestions on improving traffic conditions at various spots in the city. If the idea is implemented, the Police team will update the same on the Facebook page and also post its success/failure stories.

Every week, the Police Team has a drive against different offences ranging from Fancy number plates, non functional tail lamps, Footpath parking by shop owners, disregarding one way rule, absence of bull bar and more and at the end of the drive report the number of offences which were fined as well.

If you guys are reading this and thinking how much truth exists in what the Facebook team of Pune traffic Police posts, their actions are visible in the changes they implement in terms of moving the break in the median further away or completeley sealing it off or even changing the signal timings to enable free traffic movement at certain busy junctions.

Bangalore badly needs this and I am sure their page will be flooded with such complaints:

Welcome to Facebook

Traffic police on Facebook: Jump red lights & get caught online - The Economic Times

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th January 2011 at 18:57.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:05   #1978
Senior - BHPian

seriously
Loads of self obsessed people on the forum nowadays.
many here consider themselves to be perfect and try finding faults in others.
A frank question(s) to all the people whining about the conditions here
How many of you have driven off when the signal turned orange?
How many of you have jumped a signal in the late hours (2am +)?
how many of you have crossed the speed limit on an empty stretch just to hear your engine growl?
How many of of you have tried bribing a cop for your mistake or have bribed a cop?
I can keep on going the whole day.

Rather than whining and being superficial. try to wipe out your own self imperfections and then lift a finger or rather lift your camera against a fellow violator.

I agree being ignorant to the conditions here is not an option but criticizing my city , I cannot tolerate.
I have personally seen many foreign returns(usually from US) who whine saying that there is no lane discipline, no parking spaces etc etc etc.
My immediate reply to them usually was why come here in the first place?

My city(Bangalore) is loved by me (and many others)regardless of its imperfections/ perfections and love it for what it is and not what people are trying to force it to be.

Last edited by vinaydas : 10th January 2011 at 19:14.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:41   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I think you should send this picture along with reg # to all the local newspapers. (serious..no jokes)

Let there be some pressure on the cops to restore sanity.
hmm.. not a bad idea. TOI has something like reader's response/citizen journalist i think. will check it out
Old 10th January 2011, 20:42   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
A frank question(s) to all the people whining about the conditions here
How many of you have driven off when the signal turned orange?
How many of you have jumped a signal in the late hours (2am +)?
how many of you have crossed the speed limit on an empty stretch just to hear your engine growl?
How many of of you have tried bribing a cop for your mistake or have bribed a cop?
I have never done any of these, except perhaps breaking the speed limits at times ( which i try to avoid if i realise i am over speeding ).

I love Bangalore too, although it is not my home city. But that doesn't mean i will not criticize something that i believe is wrong. Just because some US returnee crticized the lane discipline here, doesn't mean he is wrong. It is my belief that the minute we stop criticizing ourselves/ our country is the minute we stop improving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks